RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

12/05/13 - Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Rochdale Hornets by 13 points or more (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. Rochdale Hornets by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. Rochdale Hornets by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. London Skolars by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. London Skolars by 7 to 12 points (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

7. London Skolars by 13 points or more (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

12/05/13 - Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars - KO 3pm

Discuss this week's game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

this has now become a must win match with so few matches we cannot afford to lose .Hopefully the players and coaching staff are hurting from sundays defeat and they will be up for it . Just a reminder the game starts at 3-00 not 3-30 . Get behind the team and cheer them onto victory
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#3 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 970 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Lets hope our defence turns up at 3 ehh BH, ;))
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#4 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

whatever happens on sunday I for one don't want to hear about the match officials or the budget of the opposition or londons use of dual registration because its getting boring and sounds very much like sour grapes and wingeing.

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

whatever happens on sunday I for one don't want to hear about the match officials or the budget of the opposition or londons use of dual registration because its getting boring and sounds very much like sour grapes and wingeing.

and winging and sour grapes is something you never do or have Why not make some positive comments on the match this Sunday or is that to difficult for you
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#6 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

i never went to neath so i didn't see the game so i rely on the match reports in the league express or this forum , on here it was all about how the referee battered us with penalties and how south wales had the audacity to use dual reg to the full .

against crusaders the twitter feed which is usually very good disgraced it self by reducing to childish remarks about the crusaders budget only after the match had been playing 25-30 mins .

theres 2examples of wingeing and sour grapes

#7 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

i never went to neath so i didn't see the game so i rely on the match reports in the league express or this forum , on here it was all about how the referee battered us with penalties and how south wales had the audacity to use dual reg to the full .
against crusaders the twitter feed which is usually very good disgraced it self by reducing to childish remarks about the crusaders budget only after the match had been playing 25-30 mins .
theres 2examples of wingeing and sour grapes

Agreed. We've got to start looking at ourselves. In Neath & on Sunday we cannot expect to ease into games & start playing once the opposition have a good head start. The one thing I took from the Bradford game was how ruthless the Bulls where. Punishing the smallest mistake. I realise we are not Bradford but can we at least take a leaf out of there book. Our halfbacks need to step up.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think the lads will be left in no doubt what is expected of them this week and that is a win, the more the merrier but a WIN!

My vote was for 13 points or more.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

check out how the squad is looking ahead of Sunday's match with an open training event at spotland Friday 6-00pm

#10 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

think St. Helens dual reg players tomorrow. , that could be playing are joe greenwood , Antony walker , Dom speakman ,

#11 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

A win is a win I suppose but not a very convincing one.

Why are we trying to throw the ball around inside our own 20 especially in those conditions?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Don't get me started PD, but I hope nobody blames the referee this week!!!

Incidentally, I've just been on the Beeb website for the results and the tab isn't there. I tried pressing the Championship tab and got the helpful reply ERROR 500 please try Football, F1 or Olympics. why, are the damned results on there, no???!!!

The damned Olympics were last sodding year BBC, why would anyone want to see that tab, which incidentally doesn't exist either!!!!!!!

The BBC is a bl**dy joke first and last for Rugby League.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#13 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

lets remember Skolars are a decent side and we have beaten them twice having said that we do need to start playing for the full 80 mins . Hopefully Crookys injury is not as bad as it looked and with a week off some of our other injured players will be back in time for the trip to Cheltenam

#14 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Seems that our defence remains as porous as the preverbial sieve, operating only for half a match.  This season is going to be far more difficult than we may have expected, especially with the dual registration factor and the new teams having all to gain. Come the half way point of this short season we will need to be in touching distance of the top three, firing on all cylinders and hopefully with fewer injuries. I was disappointed to see little comment or report here or on the main site on last week's defeat, perhaps too painful. Hopefully this will be rectified this time, so that us diehards in exile can get a picture of what's happening, or not, in the club's progress that will, hopefully, one day come to fruition!

I've just seen that between 9June and 14 July we have 5 consecutive away fixtures!  Good planning that even allowing for a 5 match home run-in.

Edited by glemiln, 12 May 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#15 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Don't get me started PD, but I hope nobody blames the referee this week!!!

Incidentally, I've just been on the Beeb website for the results and the tab isn't there. I tried pressing the Championship tab and got the helpful reply ERROR 500 please try Football, F1 or Olympics. why, are the damned results on there, no???!!!

The damned Olympics were last sodding year BBC, why would anyone want to see that tab, which incidentally doesn't exist either!!!!!!!

The BBC is a bl**dy joke first and last for Rugby League.

Pugwash.

I was at the game but had to nip home at half time, I left with a few miutes to go, so when I got in the car I put Manchester radio on and that wonderful character Jack Dearden who was commentating on the Wigan Hull KR game was spouting football, City, City Bl**dy City, then he gave the half time scores. Rochdale Hornets 12 London 0, When I left it was 24 something, so I decided to ring them.

Brilliant, they gave me the 12 nil score, and I told them I was at the match and gave them the correct score, I asked " who is reporting this game for you", they did not know, I asked "what am I paying my licence fee for to be given misinformation, they put the phone down.

That is about as much as the BBC cares about Rugby League. We have had a full weekend of Challenge Cup games, the BBC won the bid to show these games, they showed one. Sky it appears were quite happy to be outbidded, because I believe they are fast losing interest in our game.

Well done the lads today, difficult game in difficult conditions, best team won, but should have been a bigger margin, we switched off again in the second half.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#16 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Sportinglife.com is usually reliable and updates scores and scorers 'as it happens'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users