Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

IS MORLEY NEXT?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Interesting article from Gareth Walker in this weeks League Express which suggests Adrian Morley could be the next Wire star to pull on a Swinton shirt.

#2 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Nothing about DR surprises me these days, I hope they change the rules at the end of the season, but seeing as in my opinion the current arrangements only benefit the superleague clubs I somehow doubt it, and promotion and relegation needs to happen as lower league rugby is dying on it's a#se without it.

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Interesting article from Gareth Walker in this weeks League Express which suggests Adrian Morley could be the next Wire star to pull on a Swinton shirt.

Are they paying Gareth Walker to come up with the blatantly obvious?

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

To be fair there is a very good article on our favourite subject by Gareth Walker in this weeks League Express.

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

So if we are short on props as we have been of late the addition of 40 mins from Moz wouldnt benefit us then?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'll not waste my 1.50 this week then

Lovely bloke. Great player Morley.

#7 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

He's probably wrong, likely to be Ben Harrison......

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

yes just read on Twitter! Ben Harrison likely to figure this week with Mozza not quite ready but will be ok for us the following week unless Warrington have injuries to their other props.

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Rhys Evans & Chris Bridge not quite ready for super league returns yet either .

According to an interview with Tony Smith Ben Harrison will be with us this weekend if he passes a fitness test and Danny Bridge will also be back from his Months loan to Warrington.

Edited by RIGGY, 09 May 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Rhys Evans & Chris Bridge not quite ready for super league returns yet either .According to an interview with Tony Smith Ben Harrison will be with us this weekend if he passes a fitness test and Danny Bridge will also be back from his Months loan to Warrington.

. Danny Bridge,month loan to Warrington lol

#11 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

What I wanna know is when's Brian Bevan gonna turn out for the Lions wearing the number 2 jersey?

:P    :rolleyes:   :D   :wacko:

#12 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Does anyone actually give us a chance this Sunday? I'd take a bonus point if i'm honest! You never know though, Batley have lost their last three games...against Leigh, Fev and er Huddersfield. :rolleyes:

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

we rarely play well there...so maybe we will this weekend

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

"I know Lee Briers had to come back through Swinton, who are our A team at the moment, and, if that's the case, then I'm not precious about it."

- Adrian Morley.

Posted Image

#15 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Just my opinion and I know I will be lambasted by some but if Morley plays in the Northern Rail Cup in a straight knockout competition,against a team from a lower division we will have sunk to a new low!

#16 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

"I know Lee Briers had to come back through Swinton, who are our A team at the moment, and, if that's the case, then I'm not precious about it."

- Adrian Morley.

"...Swinton, who are our A team at the moment..."

"A team" indeed! What a way to describe our historic and once glorious old club. A comment which could so easily cause offence to many of us don't you think?

:rolleyes:

#17 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Adrian is in the Warrington 19 for Friday night along with Rhys Williams and Glenn Riley.

Ben Harrison . Rhys Evans and Chris Bridge were also expected to be fit this weekend

#18 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

- Adrian Morley.

Just popped on to stir more s###e have you?

Thanks......now run along and see what else you can uncover Sherlock!

#19 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

i think it is right that people should know what the rfl are doing to our "once" great sport

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#20 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

i think it is right that people should know what the rfl are doing to our "once" great sport

Really? Then write in to them about it. As it happens we on here all know what is going on and don't need others to drop little snippets of obvious information to us.

As for Adrian Morley, I happen to know him and he definitely wouldn't be trying to belittle us!