TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

barrow in trouble

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

In other news , Salford escape with a fine for having 14 men on the pitch at a vital time in a close game ... What a precedent this sets .
Accidentally on purpose plonk another man on next time your defending for dear life , they can't take the points of you now . Total joke , this was a no brainer - 2 points docked , but the RFL cop out totally .

#22 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

That collection was for the Alice Pyne trust for lukemia research mate. She died late last year of the disease god rest her soul. Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#23 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Just to put you right Morty back to one is talking about Havens ground?

#24 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I had a fairly long chat to a Barrow director whilst at DP recently and he said thet there troubles all stem from the Dessie days. 

#25 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Just to put you right Morty back to one is talking about Havens ground?

I know Abu that was the collection I was meaning as well as its the one he was referring to.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#26 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Its great reading the warm sentiment from the Workington supporters, thx all.

#27 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Good luck for the future Mick,you lot really dont deserve having to go through this again due to dodgy des's legacy.

#28 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Nice to see some of your supporters making the effort to attend yesterdays match, well done all of you :)  :) .

#29 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Getting knocked out of the Challenge Cup early and then an away draw in the NRC hasn't helped Barrow's cause as that has caused 2 of the 5 weeks without a home game. In different circumstances they could have been looking at a nice home cup tie against a SL club and a home draw in the NRC, but luck went against them. That's not the fault of the fixture planners. But it might be worth the RFL considering whether it is a good idea to have the NRC round straight after the Challenge Cup round.

On a different note, I see that nice chap BKM is not concerned about Barrow's plight and has no sympathy for them on the Haven forum because "nobody helped Haven when they had financial trouble".....

Derwent,that nice chap BKM (aka haven4ever) has been on the Barrow forum and reckons you are spouting rubbish, and he didn't say anything of the sort. He put a link onto the haven forum to prove it, but I refuse to go anywhere near that deluded pile of steaming ***.

Is he right Derwent ?

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Derwent,that nice chap BKM (aka haven4ever) has been on the Barrow forum and reckons you are spouting rubbish, and he didn't say anything of the sort. He put a link onto the haven forum to prove it, but I refuse to go anywhere near that deluded pile of steaming ***.

Is he right Derwent ?

Who cares?    He spouts more bile than choccy ever did about Town and nearly every post he makes contains something about us.    How much of that is lies?   Even his own team's fans are saying he is paranoid about Town.  But hey-ho what goes round comes round.      We move on and forget about  whatever he has to say.    (How long before this appears on the Haven site?)     ;)  ;)  ;)  

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Is he right Derwent ?

What like you and barrow got behind haven ? Sorry but if barrow struggle for the rest of the season that's up to them to solve. We need to look after our own interest first.

I didn't notice "other clubs" rallying around when haven were in trouble which was just Like barrows all our own fault. In fact in there hay day you couldn't keep the likes of SRC off here defending dessie,no salary cap problems no brown envelopes etc so with the smooth comes the rough.

That's what he wrote (although he has edited the posts so the original isn't there anymore). You decide.

#32 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Is he right Derwent ?

You are the one spouting rubbish,the comment I made on the barrow forum wad about the barrow haven game.Then you came along spouting rubbish ,the link is there to what I said about the barrow situation if your not prepared to read it then don't comment on it

#33 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Nice selective posting there Derwent,if you going to post them , then post the fulll post .Also you missed one post 22 but that doesn't fit your twisted view of it so no suprise there,they were edited for spelling and nothing taken out if you read where they have been quoted you will see that

Edited by haven4ever, 22 May 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

It's not as if you don't use nice selective posting is it?    get over it man.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

You are the one spouting rubbish,the comment I made on the barrow forum wad about the barrow haven game.Then you came along spouting rubbish ,the link is there to what I said about the barrow situation if your not prepared to read it then don't comment on it

Whats the point of reading your post ? You must have been feeling guilty and edited the original. If Derwent tells us thats what you posted then I believe him, As for spouting rubbish mate, you are in a league of your own, and that's just on here, I shudder to think of the *** you must be posting on deludedfans.com  :yes:  

#36 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

What like you and barrow got behind haven ? Sorry but if barrow struggle for the rest of the season that's up to them to solve. We need to look after our own interest first.

I didn't notice "other clubs" rallying around when haven were in trouble which was just Like barrows all our own fault. In fact in there hay day you couldn't keep the likes of SRC off here defending dessie,no salary cap problems no brown envelopes etc so with the smooth comes the rough.

That's what he wrote (although he has edited the posts so the original isn't there anymore). You decide.

Thanks for that mate, I never doubted you for one minute...........UP THE TOWN

#37 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Your a bitter prat with an Ironic name for a haven fan Mr alan GOODWIN

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#38 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Whats the point of reading your post ? You must have been feeling guilty and edited the original. If Derwent tells us thats what you posted then I believe him, As for spouting rubbish mate, you are in a league of your own, and that's just on here, I shudder to think of the *** you must be posting on deludedfans.com :yes:

And Like I said if you care to read the posts on the thread where I have been quoted no editing had taken place .Also this current run of posts on this topic have come about because you decided to jump into a thread on the barrow site discussing the haven barrow game and make comments about something you later on admitted you had not seen...think that's all there is to say apart
Love you as well gonch;-)

Edited by haven4ever, 23 May 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#39 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

So no editing took place H4E.....Yeh all right, let's leave it at that then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users