Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/05/13 - CCup5 - London Broncos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Which team will go through to the next round? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will go through to the next round?

1. London Broncos (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Voted Bradford Bulls (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I should also mention that this game was moved to Friday because of the IRB sevens over the road at Twickers so we are told, despite having played against this weekend and the Middlesex sevens in the past. With that in mind todays announcement of the World Club Sevens at Twickers on the weekend of 17/18 August must put the club's game against Huddersfield scheduled for Saturday 17th at 3,00pm in danger of also being moved to the Friday night shift. An early declaration from the club on this would be helpful especially for Giants fans.

It was discussed on a previous thread that actually this has probably been moved to a Friday because of the short lead in time to the game - security arrangements for one. The London vs Saints game was on as the same time as Army vs Navy at Twickers presumable because they had a fair few months notice. You'd hope with longer than a couple of weeks to arrange things, the Giants game should be fine especially as they were in the diary first.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#22 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

London by 6.

#23 brooza

brooza
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I should also mention that this game was moved to Friday because of the IRB sevens over the road at Twickers so we are told, despite having played against this weekend and the Middlesex sevens in the past. With that in mind todays announcement of the World Club Sevens at Twickers on the weekend of 17/18 August must put the club's game against Huddersfield scheduled for Saturday 17th at 3,00pm in danger of also being moved to the Friday night shift. An early declaration from the club on this would be helpful especially for Giants fans.

Guardian article today suggests it was gue to Quins RU possibly having a playoff game this weekend

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#24 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

It was discussed on a previous thread that actually this has probably been moved to a Friday because of the short lead in time to the game - security arrangements for one. The London vs Saints game was on as the same time as Army vs Navy at Twickers presumable because they had a fair few months notice. You'd hope with longer than a couple of weeks to arrange things, the Giants game should be fine especially as they were in the diary first.

Guardian article today suggests it was gue to Quins RU possibly having a playoff game this weekend

The Official reason from the club http://www.londonbro...m/news/4914.php

"As the result of the rugby union 7s the Met Police and Augmented Safety Advisory Group would not allow another event to take place on the Saturday or Sunday therefore the only option is to play the game on the Friday night"

And uncharacteristically lazy journalism from Andy Wilson

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#25 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

My misses won 2 tickets to the game tomorrow, so we're in for free :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Mortis

Mortis
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

The cup has lost it's lustre..

No, I think it's due to people being skint. As cup games aren't included in the season ticket, it's an extra expense on top of an already stretched budget. It is for me and some of my friends anyway...
I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

#27 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Bradford to win at a canter

#28 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

No, I think it's due to people being skint. As cup games aren't included in the season ticket, it's an extra expense on top of an already stretched budget. It is for me and some of my friends anyway...

I'm pretty sure that is a big part of the reason and there are far more people who buy season tickets these days, but for whatever reason these 'skint' people are buying tickets for league games but turning their noses up at cup matches.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#29 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Bradford to win by 12, at most.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#30 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

I reckon by the time I get home it will be midnight at best.

Up for work at 0400 tommorow.

That said if it had been played tommorow or sunday I would have had to miss out.

As ever just hope they are competitive.

Bulls by 8..

#31 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Foam_Hands.jpg

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#32 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Albanian invasion at the Broncos.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#33 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

typically well thought out comment from one of the M62 cognoscenti at the bottom of the piece

#34 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Foam_Hands.jpg

Hahahaha!

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Bradford, by 18.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Or just a win, please! I'll do my best to update scores from the radio, although it'll be hard to type with foam fingers! ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

0-4

Sammut try.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach