Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/05/13 - CCup5 - London Broncos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Which team will go through to the next round? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will go through to the next round?

1. London Broncos (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Voted Bradford Bulls (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Well done London on their win. London fans must be chuffed to bits.

Commiserations to Bradford. 

#62 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

I was gloriously wrong in my prediction. Really chuffed with that result. Sat waiting for the Bulls to sweep 'em aside in the second half but it never came. Much better atmosphere with everyone in the same stand even though we only know LAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNDAN!

Sheffield in the QF's and then somebody injury ravaged in the SF's and it might just be our year ;-)

#63 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

great win Broncos, commiserations Bulls.

last 16 or last 8????

i dont know but this is all the club have to play for and i wish them the best of luck in the next draw with a home tie against a Champ club.

can they make it to Wembley????

deep down inside i think we all want them to

#64 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Great win by London. Plenty of effort and they never gave up.

I've now been to 3 London games since I've moved here, and they've won all 3. Maybe Dave Hughes can shout me a season ticket for the rest of the year ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

A very poor and disappointing turnout from Bradford fans. I recall Wath Brow bringing more when they played London at Kingstonian a few years back.

Good atmos in the stand.

Edited by Lobbygobbler, 11 May 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#66 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Didn't see that coming. Best performance of the season by far, especially in the first half. Got a bit nervy in the last 15 but we held on with a bit to spare. We really meant that last night.
I really thought each and everyone of them played well. I appreciate the Bulls weren't at there best but we did what needed to be done.
That result and performance makes it all worfhwhile.

#67 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

1,200 there to see it
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#68 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Gale hoping to blow Broncos away in Challenge Cup

The Tetley’s Challenge Cup is special for every Rugby League player but for Bradford half-back Luke Gale, Friday night's fifth round tie against London Broncos at The Twickenham Stoop will have extra significance.
The former Leeds Rhinos Academy player was on loan with Doncaster when he signed for Harlequins RL at the end of 2008 and it proved to be a career-defining move. In his three seasons with the London club he made 72 appearances and earned a place with England Knights.
“The Challenge Cup is special,” said Gale. “It’s a different game, you don’t play week in week out, so it’s a different kind of buzz and the boys always get up for it. Every team dreams of a good Challenge Cup run and it definitely has a different feel about it.
“I think when you start your career you dream of playing at Wembley. It’s a massive thing, something that everyone wants to achieve.”
So how will it feel to be back and The Stoop? “It will be good, I’ve got a few friends at the club and I enjoyed my time down there. I’m looking forward to it and I know the boys are as well.”
Bradford played the Broncos a month ago at High Wycombe when The Stoop was unavailable in what turned out to be a cracking contest. The Londoners led 20-12 at half-time thanks to a hat-trick from Kieran Dixon but Jarrod Sammut turned the ga :D  :D  :D  :D 
“I know they’ve been at the foot of the table but they’ve got class players like Luke Dorn and some good young kids in Kieran Dixon and Daniel Sarginson.
“With it being Friday night there should be a bit of atmosphere and hopefully they’ll get a good crowd in. It’s a game to look forward to definitely.”

For further information on this season’s Tetley’s Challenge Cup, please visit www.thechallengecup.com, www.facebook.com/TetleysChallengeCup or follow @TetleysChCup.

#69 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Wrong place oops :D  :D :D  :D  

Gale hoping to blow Broncos away in Challenge Cup

The Tetley’s Challenge Cup is special for every Rugby League player but for Bradford half-back Luke Gale, Friday night's fifth round tie against London Broncos at The Twickenham Stoop will have extra significance.
The former Leeds Rhinos Academy player was on loan with Doncaster when he signed for Harlequins RL at the end of 2008 and it proved to be a career-defining move. In his three seasons with the London club he made 72 appearances and earned a place with England Knights.
“The Challenge Cup is special,” said Gale. “It’s a different game, you don’t play week in week out, so it’s a different kind of buzz and the boys always get up for it. Every team dreams of a good Challenge Cup run and it definitely has a different feel about it.
“I think when you start your career you dream of playing at Wembley. It’s a massive thing, something that everyone wants to achieve.”
So how will it feel to be back and The Stoop? “It will be good, I’ve got a few friends at the club and I enjoyed my time down there. I’m looking forward to it and I know the boys are as well.”
Bradford played the Broncos a month ago at High Wycombe when The Stoop was unavailable in what turned out to be a cracking contest. The Londoners led 20-12 at half-time thanks to a hat-trick from Kieran Dixon but Jarrod Sammut turned the ga :D  :D  :D  :D 
“I know they’ve been at the foot of the table but they’ve got class players like Luke Dorn and some good young kids in Kieran Dixon and Daniel Sarginson.
“With it being Friday night there should be a bit of atmosphere and hopefully they’ll get a good crowd in. It’s a game to look forward to definitely.”

For further information on this season’s Tetley’s Challenge Cup, please visit www.thechallengecup.com, www.facebook.com/TetleysChallengeCup or follow @TetleysChCup.

#70 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Well, it's saved me £500 I suppose

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#71 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Best London performance in a Loooong Time.. :D

When Bradford scored first, I feared the worst especially with one James Child as referee, but once Craig Gower had been victim of a cheap shot then this seemed to fire up the forwards with payback being swift and a Bull being removed from the field following a legitimate king-hit. Top show from all the forwards on display last night and if the show the highlights today before the Huddersfield game watch Kieran Dixons try the second for London which went from the 20 metre line to under the sticks as The London Phantom hit the afterburners. The scoreline was if anything flattering to Bradford with a late try scored in garbage time with the game beyond them.

For all you Tony Rea knockers out there, it was the right call after the Hull game to identify the problem at the club, the difference between Tony and Rob Powell is that Tony through being an ex-player, coach and club stalwart has the respect from the players and within the game to be able to be able to sort things out on the training paddock and get the players to respond.

Tony is also big on energies and if there was more energy on the field then there was also more off it, small crowd maybe, but big atmosphere so much that so that I was amused to overhear a Bull bemoaning the fact that he was sat next to the loudest London fan in the stadium, "Tony Rea came down two minutes from the end and shook him by the hand we dont do that with our coach". Not that your reading this Mr Rammond but don't turn it down next time you sit next to anyone from Yawkshire..

Season stiil live until at least July and I can concentrate on making a bid for those lucky red shirts later (hopefully much later ;) )

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#72 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

A very poor and disappointing turnout from Bradford fans. I recall Wath Brow bringing more when they played London at Kingstonian a few years back.

Good atmos in the stand.

Glad to see the quality of your Bradford baiting hasn't dropped... :rolleyes: 

Mind, I'm not sure how it could get any lower

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#73 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Any excuse for a dig at the Bulls eh Lobby? Presume the Wath Brow match was at 8pm on a Friday as well just a month after they had previously played down in London?
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#74 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Any excuse for a dig at the Bulls eh Lobby? Presume the Wath Brow match was at 8pm on a Friday as well just a month after they had previously played down in London?

Don't bite, I was there and there was plenty more than 50.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#75 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Don't bite, I was there and there was plenty more than 50.

How many would you say? As low as 50 may be a bit harsh, but it couldnt have been much more than 100 in the away stand

I took a photo of the away end and it was very sparse.

#76 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

I took a photo of the away end

:lol: What a sad fellow.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 11 May 2013 - 02:26 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#77 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

:lol: What a sad fellow.

Thanks! On a more general note, away fans visiting London have declined alarmingly over the last few years. Hopefully the move to a new ground and the return of relegation will stimulate more away fans visiting

#78 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Let's hope, for the sake of your future photo albums.
SQL Honours

#79 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

How many would you say? As low as 50 may be a bit harsh, but it couldnt have been much more than 100 in the away stand

I took a photo of the away end and it was very sparse.

There were fans in the west stand too.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#80 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

there were 100 in the away end, give or take 10 or so. There was also a smattering around the West Stand. As London fans I normally find it best not to take the micky out of others teams followings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users