Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow in trouble

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Cash flow problem and warning they could go out of buisness.Lets hope the RL can help out this great old club.Always liked going up to Barrow, some of the best fans in the game and a real rugby town. In years gone by never thought id see the likes of Oldham and Barrow in their presant predicament.

Posted Image

#2 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Cash flow problem and warning they could go out of buisness.Lets hope the RL can help out this great old club.Always liked going up to Barrow, some of the best fans in the game and a real rugby town. In years gone by never thought id see the likes of Oldham and Barrow in their presant predicament.

state of the game now steve , can see a few clubs going down the same road as bramley, its the clubs themselves that need to rebel against the RFL,if they havent the bottle to get in thier faces then clubs will deserve everything they get , time to call a halt dont u think, get the lily livered chair people to make a stand let the fans do thier bit and and get in the clubs face and demand action 

Edited by blackhawk, 08 May 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

The clubs know the score before the season starts . If they can't do the numbers then that's their look out. Nothing against barrow at all but they need to do the maths. Im sick of hearing about this club and that club being skint then expecting the rfl to step in

#4 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Think you should look a bit closer to home SGT PEPPER,if it was,ent for the DR system and LEEDS i think you would be in trouble.At leased barrow are trying to pay of there debt that has brought there problem on so lets have a bit of spmpathy for them.

#5 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I've got a lot of time for barrow as a club, some great fans and history. I personally hope they get help and pull through the mess they're in. Good luck barrow!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#6 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Think you should look a bit closer to home SGT PEPPER,if it was,ent for the DR system and LEEDS i think you would be in trouble.At leased barrow are trying to pay of there debt that has brought there problem on so lets have a bit of spmpathy for them.

Haha absolutely clueless, some people never cease to amaze me on this forum

We're the worst fans in the Rugby League!

Edited by morley-hawk, 08 May 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#7 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thats right MACCA6 we all like to have a banter between clubs but no one surly whant ,s to see a club with cash flow problems especially in our league, as the RFL only look after super league

#8 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

In terms of cash flow it could affect a few clubs, surely the RFL could come up with a simple fixture list where you alternate home and away each week? Most teams seem to have weeks on end at some stage with no gate money coming through

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

All Im saying is it's a different team each week whether it's salford bradford cas leigh keighley donny the list goes on. Until relagation and promotion is brought back things ain't going to improve. The game is dying fast so things need to change fast or else

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

In terms of cash flow it could affect a few clubs, surely the RFL could come up with a simple fixture list where you alternate home and away each week? Most teams seem to have weeks on end at some stage with no gate money coming through

That's impossible.    Think about it.    If your team is at home then all the other teams that are at home on that day will be away when your away so when do they ever get to play each other!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

That's impossible. Think about it. If your team is at home then all the other teams that are at home on that day will be away when your away so when do they ever get to play each other!!!!!

Football seem to manage it well enough!

I think Donny don't play at home now until July, surely there is a better way than that!

#12 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I think Donny don't play at home now until July, surely there is a better way than that!

thats because there pitch is having work done on it, joys of a ground share,but this is partly to blame for other clubs fixture imbalance.As they have to have so many away games during this period it means either side of it they have to have more home than away which has a knock on effect with all the fixture

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Ummmmm.   So if say Hawks are at home when Batley are at home and you alternate home, away,home, away, and so on when do they ever get to meet?

No doubt Doncaster will have a spell when they have several home games together or with say 1 away game between them.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

You clearly know what I'm getting at, no need for the pedantry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users