TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 18 Keighley Cougars 10 - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I cant disagree on that mate ;)

dont be saying "if" either...its a done deal

or should i say soon to be completed deal
according to my sources in the land registry dept

dewsbury/batley ramdogs..not a brand id pick

or how about piggys rambull.... which he often does ;)

#62 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Without wanting to spoil your fun Coolie the Land Registry only get involved in the registration of title numbers once a transaction has been completed. And I kind of think we may have known about it if that was the case.

And I'm qualified conveyancer just to add.

So for now, and hopefully a fair few years to come us 532 hardy souls still have a place to reside on a Sunday afternoon!

If the ground ever did get sold, which I can't imagine would go down well after it being our home for over a century, then at least we'd have a nice lump sum to develop a new one, with it being owned outright by the club. Whatever people say about Kev N, he is incredibly shrewd when it comes to money.

I'm sure at times it is difficult to balance the books though with the crowds we get and the amount of winning pay we've had to part with these last few years. Although I guess that's not something you guys can really empathise with;).

#63 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Lillycrop, Spicer, Buchanan, Tonks, Craven all missing, number of losses on the bounce and we win. What more do people want?

Were Keighley missing five first teamers? Had Brown passed near the end when he made his break we'd have scored again, likewise Walshaw wasn't that far from scoring down the left.

We are 6th despite the disastrous run, got Swinton at home next, so another chance to pick up a win. All I want from this season is to stay up and hopefully be safe before the last game or two.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 13 May 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#64 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Thanks Micky1920.

Interesting to watch these highlights. Both teams should have had a try chalked of in my opinion - Keighley's second was passede off the floor and our third was a knock-on. Overall I felt the ref did well, however.

Thanks for posting this. Not sure I agree about the two tries being written off. Felt that they might both have just about been ok. Couple of thoughts I had watching this; firstly Pryce could score far more tries like this one if he pushed on the way he did here. secondly how are we meant to tell the difference between O'Brien and Wright ? They look identical. Perhaps most importantly you can see that the team spirit after the tries are scored seems better than I imagined.

#65 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for posting this. Not sure I agree about the two tries being written off. Felt that they might both have just about been ok. Couple of thoughts I had watching this; firstly Pryce could score far more tries like this one if he pushed on the way he did here. secondly how are we meant to tell the difference between O'Brien and Wright ? They look identical. Perhaps most importantly you can see that the team spirit after the tries are scored seems better than I imagined.

I did say "in my opinion"!

It's easy to tell the hookers apart - they both wear diffrerent squad numbers. Weren't you paying attention when the benefits of squad numbers were being explained to us Nick? In fact O'B is slightly taller, but that means we can only tell them apart when they're both on the pitch at the same time. My system is that if he makes a good tackle then it's Wright, if he messes it up then it's O'Brien.

B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#66 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I did say "in my opinion"!

It's easy to tell the hookers apart - they both wear diffrerent squad numbers. Weren't you paying attention when the benefits of squad numbers were being explained to us Nick? In fact O'B is slightly taller, but that means we can only tell them apart when they're both on the pitch at the same time. My system is that if he makes a good tackle then it's Wright, if he messes it up then it's O'Brien.

B)

And if they make a break or score a try it's O'Brien. ;)

#67 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

And if they make a break or score a try it's O'Brien. ;)

Touche!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users