Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 20 Halifax 18 - discuss the match here

About the win

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#21 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Sundays result will have a massive bearing on the crowd Thursday

defeat sunday will be lucky to get a 900 on thursday night

#22 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

doubt if we get 500 thursday, win,. lose or draw sunday.

Everyone says the KEIGHLEY game is a  must win game, its a very important game but lets not put to much pressure on the lads, they ALL know how important this game is.

believe Brown at 13 again, what a waste of talent. Hope he doesn't start thinking his games at 6 are over, need him at his best.

Michael Platt supposed to be playing centre for us, Obrien is also supposed to be playing.

as long as we carry on from the Sheffield game we will have no problems.

GET BEHIND THE LADS 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

#23 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Platt would be a big plus. Surprised GM hasn't tried to pinch Langley from the bulls - don't think he has been featuring for them, has size, power and experience.

Everyone says the KEIGHLEY game is a  must win game, its a very important game but lets not put to much pressure on the lads, they ALL know how important this game is.

believe Brown at 13 again, what a waste of talent. Hope he doesn't start thinking his games at 6 are over, need him at his best.

Michael Platt supposed to be playing centre for us, Obrien is also supposed to be playing.

GET BEHIND THE LADS 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

#24 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Platt would be a big plus. Surprised GM hasn't tried to pinch Langley from the bulls - don't think he has been featuring for them, has size, power and experience.

I thought GM told everyone when he was introduced to the fans that we would not be bradfords second team!

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#25 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

I seem to remember John Kear stating that Batley were not going down the Dual Reg route, merely brokering a mutually beneficial resource/facility sharing arrangement with Huddersfield Giants......................................oh wait !

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I seem to remember John Kear stating that Batley were not going down the Dual Reg route, merely brokering a mutually beneficial resource/facility sharing arrangement with Huddersfield Giants......................................oh wait !

Also the deal would be a world beater.My own view while every other clubs doing it.Why not us?The issue is we need the top 8.Morrison cant win if he plays duel reg he gets stick.If he dont he still gets stick if we dont win.The lads job is at stake if he cant get a winning team together its his neck on the line.Its obvious if he can have an odd duel reg hes going to take it.Its time the moaners put all their energy into supporting the team and stop ball aching.

#27 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

GET BEHIND THE LADS 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

It's a MUST win Broadeddie and if that puts pressure on the lads lets hope they can handle it. If true that Aaron Brown is at 13 then I give up....on another note can't begrudge GM the DRs. There is so much pressure and it is so important we get a win what else can he do?

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

What Batley say or don't say about DR is irrelevant. GM said we wouldn't be a second team - is he now back-tracking?

What the team needs, and what the fans really want, is a stable team that has the chance to grow together. If we start to head off down the Swinton route, acting as a reahibiltation centre for Bradford fringe players, then many fans will start to question just what it is that they are watching and, more specifically, if that is really what they want to watch in the future.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

It's a MUST win Broadeddie and if that puts pressure on the lads lets hope they can handle it. If true that Aaron Brown is at 13 then I give up....on another note can't begrudge GM the DRs. There is so much pressure and it is so important we get a win what else can he do?

Coach maybe?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#30 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Quite the opposite actually. He said he would use the DR system to benefit Batley and not Huddersfield, and that he would use Huddersfield players as and when needed.

#31 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

What Batley say or don't say about DR is irrelevant. GM said we wouldn't be a second team - is he now back-tracking?

What the team needs, and what the fans really want, is a stable team that has the chance to grow together. If we start to head off down the Swinton route, acting as a reahibiltation centre for Bradford fringe players, then many fans will start to question just what it is that they are watching and, more specifically, if that is really what they want to watch in the future.

I am against DR and I said so at the outset, BUT, if taking the moral high ground costs us our place in the championship, and possibly our future, then I don't think there is much choice, given that all the other strugglers apart from Keighley are going down the same route. Why we got hitched to one of the financially shakiest SL teams, with one of the smallest squads, is open to debate but we did and we're stuck with it. Seems to me we are now suffering from GM's failure to sign enough quality cover in the outside backs, with all of our credible choices carrying injuries, and our current crop of DR's being forwards or halfbacks. If Platt really is fit and available then backtracking or not we would be foolish not to use him IMO. Having said all that, I still feel that long term loan players would be a better option - provided of course all the clubs are reading from the same hymn sheet.  

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Quite the opposite actually. He said he would use the DR system to benefit Batley and not Huddersfield, and that he would use Huddersfield players as and when needed.

Don't worry about JN DD he's just jealous :)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#33 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

The players also need to know what is going on!

As a season ticket holder, I don't spend my money to watch Bradford

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#34 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Don't worry about JN DD he's just jealous :)

Im certainly jealous of the team you have, dont think theres anything wrong with that B)

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#35 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

DR players?- remind me to day we had one DR player - hardly a Bradford second team, the most we've had as far as I can remember is two players OBrien and Donaldson.

I am not in favour of DR as I think that players like Briers and Morley at Swinton don't care if they win for Swinton they are more about getting fit and avoiding injury so they can get back into the Warrington team. But it's hardly the case at Dewsbury.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 12 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#36 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

What is the ticket price for thursday? Am in the area so gona pop along and have a watch.

#37 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

14 to sit. 13 to stand i believe?? Not sure though as had a season ticket last 4 years. Hope as many of our fans as possible can turn up thursday

#38 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Anybody know of any injuries from Sunday, Brown was limping as he came off, everyone else seemed ok.  which players are still out injured and whats wrong with them, any return dates on these players.................

#39 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

14 to sit. 13 to stand i believe?? Not sure though as had a season ticket last 4 years. Hope as many of our fans as possible can turn up thursday

Is that because few rams fans will turn up DTID?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#40 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Is that because few rams fans will turn up DTID?

in pre season we got 1100 against them and alot of our fans missed the pre season games. If in the league id like to feel wed get between 1300-1500. Be great if we can get over 1000 but i reckon with the short notice on a thursday night/game been on tv/people being skint/us playing ###### and season tickets not counting reckon wel struggle to even top 800.. hope im wrong though! be embarrasing an empty ground on tv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users