Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 20 Halifax 18 - discuss the match here

About the win

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

I might go me sen tomorrow. I kind of hoped to be able to talk some sheeeeiiiiite wi you for a few mins!! :lol:

Edited by Tom Coates, 16 May 2013 - 02:02 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Robin - admission for U16s is free if any Fev fans want to bring their kids along.

#43 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

So which forum members aint off tmora other than coolie? (name and shame  ;) )

Quite afew fans i know aint off for various reasons, work, being skint ect.. i reckon it should of been a tenner entry for adults/ 5 for concessions for both fax and rams fans who have season tickets and bring them to show the turn style operator on entry, add abit of incentive for people to come.. 

Just an idea but then again promoting games and adding incentives to turn up to matches like bring a mate for free seem to have long gone this season despite their success... 

if only we had a club staff member who knew how and was paid to market a club  :rolleyes:

2 OR 3 fulltime staff and not one is employed to try get bums on seats

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 15 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#44 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I might go me sen tomorrow. I kind of hoped to be able to talk some sheeeeiiiiite wi you for a few mins!! :lol:

damn a opportunity missed

;) we could have put the game to rights :(

oh well maybe next time robin

ill catch you one day ;)

chris seeing ive been named and shamed lol as you put it

this is why i aint going

holly jollys on saturday for the week,game was supposed to be sunday so would miss it anyway so was resigned to not going to the match

after last sundays thriller that i struggled to keep both eyes open,the thought of spending £26 taking me and my other half to watch
our sinterlating rugby...didnt not appeal..the £26 will keep my kids entertained all day at ingoldmells on the big rides.

hmmmmmmm lets me see (stroking the chin's)which i will get most pleasure from ;)

i rest my case for the defence your honor ;)

Edited by coolie, 15 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#45 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Quite afew fans i know aint off for various reasons, work, being skint ect.. i reckon it should of been a tenner entry for adults/ 5 for concessions for both fax and rams fans who have season tickets and bring them to show the turn style operator on entry, add abit of incentive for people to come.. 

Just an idea but then again promoting games and adding incentives to turn up to matches like bring a mate for free seem to have long gone this season despite their success... 

if only we had a club staff member who knew how and was paid to market a club  :rolleyes:

I cant go because of a previous commitment, but i do agree that this game represented a good chance to try a few options (£10 in, bring a mate for free etc)

we seem to have discussed this ad infinitum however and to be honest I have given up.  Maybe those involved have worked out that we get the same gate whatever and all these schemes do is loose us money???!

#46 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

if only we had a club staff member who knew how and was paid to market a club  :rolleyes

Good post mate we will give Coolie permission since its his holidays.Otherwise this will show who the true fans are.Its funny other than work how many have commitments on a Thursday.IF MORE EFFORT WAS PUT INTO SUPPORTING THE CLUB RATHER THAN KNOCKING IT ON HERE THAT WOULD HELP.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 15 May 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#47 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

club moto should be

il est plus facile de ne rien faire que quelque chose

ok thats not fair on the batley fans
heres your translation ;)

اسے کچھ سے زیادہ کچھ نہیں کرنا آسان ہے

;)

Speaking fluent batley I am surprised Coolie that ypu want Dewsbury's motto to be "we are and always will be second to our brother across the valley". But as they say the truth will set you free ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#48 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I cant go because of a previous commitment, but i do agree that this game represented a good chance to try a few options (£10 in, bring a mate for free etc)

we seem to have discussed this ad infinitum however and to be honest I have given up.  Maybe those involved have worked out that we get the same gate whatever and all these schemes do is loose us money???!

I believe that, as it's a cup game, the gate is split so both clubs would need to agree to any reduction. As 'Fax wouldn't gain any benefit from any other ground income I can't see them agreeing, can you.

To those questioning others' commitment, we don't need your approval to miss the game if we wish. I shall be there, but out of choice not emotional blackmail.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#49 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

well il be there too so thats 3 of us haha! be like a batley home following thursday as i know loads not off... sparse! (sorry piggy lol)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 15 May 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#50 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

I believe that, as it's a cup game, the gate is split so both clubs would need to agree to any reduction. As 'Fax wouldn't gain any benefit from any other ground income I can't see them agreeing, can you.

To those questioning others' commitment, we don't need your approval to miss the game if we wish. I shall be there, but out of choice not emotional blackmail.

I can't normally attend evening matches due to family commitments, but as luck would have it this Thursday is an exception - and the bugg.er of it is that I can't use my season ticket. However like you BSJ - should I choose to exercise my right to stay at home I will.

#51 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yes Fax would have to agree and if the admission was halved the attendance would have to double to break even, which is unlikely.

Normally junior coaching commitments would stop me attending but as luck would have it, seasons just finished so will be attending.

#52 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Otherwise this will show who the true fans are.Its funny other than work how many have commitments on a Thursday.

Whoooooo.....I apologise profusely for not being able to make the match Equaliser.  I will flagellate myself until raw and contemplate the error of my ways.  How I didn't foresee that we would be playing Halifax on Thursday 16th May several months ago I will never know.

I will write a thousand times "co-sponsoring a player, buying three season tickets, having two drema numbers and contributing to squad builder is not enough - I must always clear my diary in order to be a true fan"

#53 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Good points as ever BSJ.  Thanks

#54 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

club moto should be

il est plus facile de ne rien faire que quelque chose

ok thats not fair on the batley fans
heres your translation ;)

اسے کچھ سے زیادہ کچھ نہیں کرنا آسان ہے

;)

:biggrin:

#55 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Can't make it as I'm working. 

#56 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Whoooooo.....I apologise profusely for not being able to make the match Equaliser.  I will flagellate myself until raw and contemplate the error of my ways.  How I didn't foresee that we would be playing Halifax on Thursday 16th May several months ago I will never know.
I will write a thousand times "co-sponsoring a player, buying three season tickets, having two drema numbers and contributing to squad builder is not enough - I must always clear my diary in order to be a true fan"

Serves you right for the ultimate insult and calling me a Batley fan.ha ha.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 16 May 2013 - 12:30 AM.

#57 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

The game can be picked up on Wiziwig at 6.30am tomorrow here in NZ so I will be watching.Best of luck to you guys in Dews.

#58 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

The game can be picked up on Wiziwig at 6.30am tomorrow here in NZ so I will be watching.Best of luck to you guys in Dews.

Glad that our Rams fans in New Zealand can pick up the game,don't expect too much though,think we might lose this one by around 16 points,att will be 999.

#59 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

I think what equalizer is trying to say is us fans have a job to do too, to support the team and keep the club going aswel as just the players just turning up and peforming. Its ok fans having a go at players and coaches when they dont turn up and peform, yet when we have a sparse crowd tonight because we use the can watch it on tele excuse you could argue the fans are letting the club down.. (dont want to be a batley now do we)

I understand people work and have other things on and can do what they want with their life and money. What i will say though is marks appealed for fans to turn up tonight, at the after match presentation against keighley sunday to make us look a good vibrant club on tv to the national audience... A decent crowd and atmosphere on tv can help attract new fans to games in future aswel as new sponsors... a poor crowd and empty stadium isnt going to attract new sponsors and new supporters to the club. If for example a kid from dewsbury at 13 watchers the game on tv, likes the fact his hometown club are on tv as hes never been to a match, sees a good vibrant atmosphere and enjoys the match and what he sees then the kid may one day get his family to take him to a match or go up with his mates... A few of the younger rams who stand with the barmy army are now supporters having originally only watched us afew year ago for the first time on sky.. they saw the games on sky and now go to every home match ever since!!

I seem to remember anotther new fan whos only recently moved to dewsbury yet goes to watch its local rugby team being given abuse the other day on this forum for what he said been taken the wrong way... Hes a new fan to the club, dont put these new fans off please as we need as many supporters as possible to keep the club going. If that fan reads this, come stand with the barmy army mate, wel make you welcome!! :-)

Finally, one thing to remember is were all dewsbury fans and all want success for this great club no matter our view or opinion we all want us to win. See you all tonight! come on the rams!!!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 16 May 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#60 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Chris think over the last 40 years

the club and the team have let down the fans

more than the fans have ever let the team and the club down.

tell me one time the fans didnt turn up and support to there full.

Think over the recent years weve have a few performances where the team didnt turn up and perform to their full.

its easy following a big club but it takes a more hardy person to follow his hometown club.

and the hardy person is resting on his laurels.

before we get in another fine mess !! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users