About the win

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I think what equalizer is trying to say is us fans have a job to do too, to support the team and keep the club going aswel as just the players just turning up and peforming. Its ok fans having a go at players and coaches when they dont turn up and peform, yet when we have a sparse crowd tonight because we use the can watch it on tele excuse you could argue the fans are letting the club down.. (dont want to be a batley now do we)

I understand people work and have other things on and can do what they want with their life and money. What i will say though is marks appealed for fans to turn up tonight, at the after match presentation against keighley sunday to make us look a good vibrant club on tv to the national audience... A decent crowd and atmosphere on tv can help attract new fans to games in future aswel as new sponsors... a poor crowd and empty stadium isnt going to attract new sponsors and new supporters to the club. If for example a kid from dewsbury at 13 watchers the game on tv, likes the fact his hometown club are on tv as hes never been to a match, sees a good vibrant atmosphere and enjoys the match and what he sees then the kid may one day get his family to take him to a match or go up with his mates... A few of the younger rams who stand with the barmy army are now supporters having originally only watched us afew year ago for the first time on sky.. they saw the games on sky and now go to every home match ever since!!

I seem to remember anotther new fan whos only recently moved to dewsbury yet goes to watch its local rugby team being given abuse the other day on this forum for what he said been taken the wrong way... Hes a new fan to the club, dont put these new fans off please as we need as many supporters as possible to keep the club going. If that fan reads this, come stand with the barmy army mate, wel make you welcome!! :-)

Finally, one thing to remember is were all dewsbury fans and all want success for this great club no matter our view or opinion we all want us to win. See you all tonight! come on the rams!!!

Good post.

Maybe I flamed the new poster a bit but, hey, this is a RL forum!

:rtfm:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#62 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Joking apart and thats all it is.We may not have the biggest supporters base but what we have are a loyal bunch.Having a 730 kick off does not help people that finish at 5 or 6.In my opinion a 745 or 8 kick off might get a few more through the gates.Hopefully i can make it back for the second half in the ground.
Score after going 16 nill down we will come back and win 20 16.now thats a bet.And not a drug in sight.

#63 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I think what equalizer is trying to say is us fans have a job to do too, to support the team and keep the club going aswel as just the players just turning up and peforming. Its ok fans having a go at players and coaches when they dont turn up and peform, yet when we have a sparse crowd tonight because we use the can watch it on tele excuse you could argue the fans are letting the club down.. (dont want to be a batley now do we)

I understand people work and have other things on and can do what they want with their life and money. What i will say though is marks appealed for fans to turn up tonight, at the after match presentation against keighley sunday to make us look a good vibrant club on tv to the national audience... A decent crowd and atmosphere on tv can help attract new fans to games in future aswel as new sponsors... a poor crowd and empty stadium isnt going to attract new sponsors and new supporters to the club. If for example a kid from dewsbury at 13 watchers the game on tv, likes the fact his hometown club are on tv as hes never been to a match, sees a good vibrant atmosphere and enjoys the match and what he sees then the kid may one day get his family to take him to a match or go up with his mates... A few of the younger rams who stand with the barmy army are now supporters having originally only watched us afew year ago for the first time on sky.. they saw the games on sky and now go to every home match ever since!!

I seem to remember anotther new fan whos only recently moved to dewsbury yet goes to watch its local rugby team being given abuse the other day on this forum for what he said been taken the wrong way... Hes a new fan to the club, dont put these new fans off please as we need as many supporters as possible to keep the club going. If that fan reads this, come stand with the barmy army mate, wel make you welcome!! :-)

Finally, one thing to remember is were all dewsbury fans and all want success for this great club no matter our view or opinion we all want us to win. See you all tonight! come on the rams!!!

Good post.

Maybe I flamed the new poster a bit but, hey, this is a RL forum!

:rtfm:

I'll be there tonight to support the players and the club - Agree with DTID completely and couldn't put it better myself. BSJ you may have flamed me but I have risen from the ashes stronger.

Tonight is a great opportunity for a spirited performance on the pitch against a team that is quite some way further up the league than us and for the fans to show the TV watchers that Dewsbury is a well supported club on the up and perhaps then they come down helping to ensure the club does not go to financial ruin.

Do I expect a win - no.

Is it possible? Yes... strong crowd presence can make the difference and lift the lads to give a one helluva performance, when they lift their heads and see no-one how does that motivate? 

I am glad I do not have all the baggage of the past so I can't make convenient excuses to make me feel better!

#64 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Seems Harrisons trying to get a duel reg or a loan player for tonight.Murrel still out looks like its their same outfit that went down to Sheffield.

#65 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

Who are halifax dueled up with ??

thought they had opted out in favour of buckets

;)

#66 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Who are halifax dueled up with ??

thought they had opted out in favour of buckets

;)

Think its a loaner coming in.

#67 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Good points DTID, but what is more likely to attract young supporters, is an exciting team playing exciting football and occupying a position near the top of the league.

Edited by Tom Coates, 16 May 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#68 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Looks like a decent evening for a good match too! no rain and some sunshine due around kickoff time  :D

#69 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Seems Harrisons trying to get a duel reg or a loan player for tonight.Murrel still out looks like its their same outfit that went down to Sheffield.

Think its a loaner coming in.

He'll have been on to the loan arranger - hypocrite.

#70 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'll be there tonight to support the players and the club - Agree with DTID completely and couldn't put it better myself. BSJ you may have flamed me but I have risen from the ashes stronger.

Tonight is a great opportunity for a spirited performance on the pitch against a team that is quite some way further up the league than us and for the fans to show the TV watchers that Dewsbury is a well supported club on the up and perhaps then they come down helping to ensure the club does not go to financial ruin.

Do I expect a win - no.

Is it possible? Yes... strong crowd presence can make the difference and lift the lads to give a one helluva performance, when they lift their heads and see no-one how does that motivate? 

I am glad I do not have all the baggage of the past so I can't make convenient excuses to make me feel better!

;) ;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#71 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Cannot see a win tonight, not even a B.P.!!!

Dewsbury. 8-34 Halifax

Att: 915
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#72 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well, you've got 6 of the 8 already, after 11 minutes.  No BPs tonight though.

Cannot see a win tonight, not even a B.P.!!!

Dewsbury. 8-34 Halifax

Att: 915

#73 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Dewsbury are playing well. Unfortunate with that last try disallowed.

6 - 6 HT

#74 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

I pray to god we beat Keighley now otherwise you lot are going to be utterly intolerable for the next week;).

Well done...a cracking victory. And very enjoyable game to watch.

#75 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Great game and a well deserved win. Showed a lot of guts to see it out tonight.

Always good to see the bucket collectors getting knocked out of a competition!

#76 Chris_T

Chris_T
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Well done Dews, a good nail biting finish. Glad Fax are out at least one of the finalists wont have a home tie now!

#77 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well played Dewsbury.Credit where its due.You thoroughly deserved that win tonight.

#78 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well done dews great game great result. Good stuff

#79 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,268 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Almost unilateral support from fev tonight.
Awesome result for you guys. Fabulous effort
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#80 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Agree with all that's been said, great game, deserved win too. Well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users