Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 20 Halifax 18 - discuss the match here

About the win

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

To those that did the walk to those that put their money in their pocket and im so glad i made the second half.TONITE IS OUR VICTORY.Look foreward to hearing the coach out brigade now.PS its a shame my 20 16 forecast went amiss.

#102 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Anyone know when the draw will be made? :thankyou:

#103 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hard to imagine your fullback played for England.He should should have been taking the ball on the burst when you were on the Halifax line.Big guy with no positional sense.

#104 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Sounds like it was going to be the Featherstone - Leigh game Premier Sports was going to pick for t.v,but Mr Poskitt argued that BOTH would lose money if the game was on t.v,what a shame for them both,so they put us on and we lose the extra 400 or more fans we would had got,and we don't need the money then? Also if the game was on Sunday,it would had been on our 40th anniversary to the day when we won the league,thanks to both Feath and Leigh,glad for you both... :no:

#105 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

An excellent and thoroughly enjoyable performance. The whole team played well and were really fired up for this one, so full credit to the coaching staff too.

Was it just me or were we much more structured in attack last night? Nothing fancy but good basic rugby with sensible distribution and good positional sense.

All credit too to the magnaimous 'Fax fans around me who all wished us well in the next round and gave Dewsbury full credit for the win "no excuses. the best team won" was the general comment. Good on you guys!

Now we need to follow that up with giving Swinton a good tonking!

:buba:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 17 May 2013 - 08:25 AM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#106 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

An excellent and thoroughly enjoyable performance. The whole team played well and were really fired up for this one, so full credit to the coaching staff too.

Was it just me or were we much more structured in attack last night? Nothing fancy but good basic rugby with sensible distribution and good positional sense.

All credit too to the magnaimous 'Fax fans around me who all wished us well in the next round and gave Dewsbury full credit for the win "no excuses. the best team won" was the general comment. Good on you guys!

Now we need to follow that up with giving Swinton a good tonking!

:buba:

What happened last night was that we clicked. We weren't clumsy or haphazard and things pulled off for us.

It was a fantastic game and an excellent, fully deserved win.

On another note - Does anyone fancy writing a match report for the supporters website?

Edited by funkmaster flex, 17 May 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#107 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Like Tom, I took the victory last night to be sweet, after seeing the thrashing at Halifax at Easter. If we had lost it would have been an injustice, but we've seen loads of that in the past haven't we!

I would like to know the official reason given for Halifax's long range 'try' being disallowed, so if anyone who watched it on telly can explain I would be grateful (and why all the others were too).

It was a great spirited performance from the lads and I certainly did not expect anything close to a win (see my prediction - and I just knew someone would have to say bonus points would not be available!). I did fear that the ref. would give 'Fax a penalty for Morton deliberately throwing the ball into touch (similar to one occasion not so long ago I recall). The only downside I could see, after it was pointed out to me, was Scott. When defending (second half anyway) he constantly came in from his wing and we saw that clearly with their final try.

I thought Halifax only really got going when they realised time was running out and that final conversion was most un-Tyrer like (is he related to Colin of that ilk?). Reittie is a mawngy so-and-so, always complaining about something or other and the bucket collectors in the stand moaning to the ref. about us being offside...they obviously didn't see any of their own team's misdemeanours did they - 'course not!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#108 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

got to agree an outstanding performance from all the players, our defence was great, still think Brown wasted at loose but if we keep winning what the hell.

How long is Goulding here for, we need to get a settled halfback pairing.

Well deserved win and really enjoyed the match...................well done lads

#109 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Lads did well tonight

ill have to stay away more often ;)

serious note
great performance weather we won or lost tonight...cant ask for anymore from them

well done :)

I knew it - Coolie you're a blood.y  JONAH. How much to keep you at home on sundays ? :tongue:

Thought our experienced players Aizue, Gallagher and Price had their best games for us and apart from a couple of missed tackles that lead to tries, the defence was spot on and we looked to have regained the bite and enthusiasm in the tackle that was there earlier on in the season. Without wishing to be too picky, the kicking game still needs a lot of work and we still need some guile and creativity near the opposition line, but over all I was proud of the lads last night. If we can maintain the intensity we showed last night, we should comfortably avoid the dreaded drop. Wasn't overly impressed by the ref last night, but credit to him, he used the video ref rather than make dubious calls on the tries - did make me wonder whether we would have won if the cameras had not been there though. Twenty quid well spent last night. :biggrin:

#110 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Don't they only televise cup matches when they expect a shock result?

Ahem!!

#111 LITTLEAL83

LITTLEAL83
  • Facebook
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

as a featherstone supporter

what a performance last night by your team last night in the northern rail cup tie this was a great match and dewsbury was worthy winners you tackled there players and didnt miss many . you had a brilliant attacking flare keep this performance up and you wont be far of some silverware

once agaiin what abrill performance

#112 landy13

landy13
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

I would like to know the official reason given for Halifax's long range 'try' being disallowed, so if anyone who watched it on telly can explain I would be grateful (and why all the others were too).

Hi

When dewsbury kicked through Dane Manning took out a chaser (and high according to video ref) 

O'briens was ruled out for double movement, Barlow lost the ball before grounding and they ruled watkinson dived on the ball in the corner with a foot out of play (if he'd stepped back in play before diving he'd have been ok)

Think thats them all??

Edited by landy13, 17 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

www.matchdayphotography.com

#113 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Smashing night! Best rams win and peformance of the season and could argue for afew seasons!!, that win was for the loyal fans who turned up, WAS ROCKING AT THE END! All ypou who missed it live missed a great night.

Without getting too carried away but who knows now with fax out and leigh or fev meeting in this weekends round, they will only be 3 of the top 6 left in the last 8 if batley (at keighley) and sheffield win their matches... 2 wins from a final... il take anyone at home in the quarters or semifinals on that showing no reason why we cant beat anyone but would love to meet and beat batley in the final (dare we dream??)

SO PROUD TO BE A RAMS FAN AGAIN!! 

DEEEEWSBURYYY!! DEEWWWSBURRYY!!

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO....

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 17 May 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#114 Conway91

Conway91
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Saw the game myself, great performance from both sets of players..

Dare say though the best side won,

Well Done to the Rams!

When Rovers and the Rams met earlier in the season it was also a great game, hard conditions and 150% effort put in from both sides, cant wait for the second encounter.. Maybe the third!

(Fev Fan)

Effort is wasted reminiscing over past disappointments. Move onwards, move upwards.

#115 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Smashing night! Best rams win and peformance of the season and could argue for afew seasons!!, that win was for the loyal fans who turned up, WAS ROCKING AT THE END! All ypou who missed it live missed a great night.

Without getting too carried away but who knows now with fax out and leigh or fev meeting in this weekends round, they will only be 3 of the top 6 left in the last 8 if batley (at keighley) and sheffield win their matches... 2 wins from a final... il take anyone at home in the quarters or semifinals on that showing no reason why we cant beat anyone but would love to meet and beat batley in the final (dare we dream??)

SO PROUD TO BE A RAMS FAN AGAIN!!

DEEEEWSBURYYY!! DEEWWWSBURRYY!!

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO....

I am correct in my belief that you are talking about the "Micky Mouse Cup" that so many on this forum rubbished ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#116 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yes but piggys mate.... its becomes the alittle more important when you actually believe you can maybe win it. However moment you get knocked out, it becomes the micky mouse cup  ;)

The RFL dont help though, staging it at The Shay.. be like Dewsbury to get to final now its lost its tag as a good day out...

#117 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

ohhh and we all know were nailed on to be at Don Valley Sheffield in the next round anyway!

#118 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Why can nobody remember !!!!!

dewsbury never play the same back to back
before we reach the giddy kipper heights where nose bleeds happen....we gained no points from the victory just a fantastic performance to build upon.....little steps peps...little steps ;)

#119 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

What happened last night was that we clicked. We weren't clumsy or haphazard and things pulled off for us.

It was a fantastic game and an excellent, fully deserved win.

On another note - Does anyone fancy writing a match report for the supporters website?

Can't help but think that the win last week was vital in last nights win. It seemed to many of us that the main problem was a loss in confidence. Let's hope it's back and we can kick on from here...

#120 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yes but piggys mate.... its becomes the alittle more important when you actually believe you can maybe win it. However moment you get knocked out, it becomes the micky mouse cup  ;)

The RFL dont help though, staging it at The Shay.. be like Dewsbury to get to final now its lost its tag as a good day out...

It is a mickey mouse cup and we won't win it, but when you've had as little to cheers as we have who cares ?