Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 20 Halifax 18 - discuss the match here

About the win

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 allaboutbatley

allaboutbatley
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Last nights game was a cracker. Dewsbury's No.2 was MOM for me. Excellent in both attack and defence. Shame Price didnt pull his weight, or even half of it.

The best team won and I hope you do the same to them in the league!

AAB_Small_500x67.jpg

#122 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Like Tom, I took the victory last night to be sweet, after seeing the thrashing at Halifax at Easter. If we had lost it would have been an injustice, but we've seen loads of that in the past haven't we!

I would like to know the official reason given for Halifax's long range 'try' being disallowed, so if anyone who watched it on telly can explain I would be grateful (and why all the others were too).

It was a great spirited performance from the lads and I certainly did not expect anything close to a win (see my prediction - and I just knew someone would have to say bonus points would not be available!). I did fear that the ref. would give 'Fax a penalty for Morton deliberately throwing the ball into touch (similar to one occasion not so long ago I recall). The only downside I could see, after it was pointed out to me, was Scott. When defending (second half anyway) he constantly came in from his wing and we saw that clearly with their final try.

I thought Halifax only really got going when they realised time was running out and that final conversion was most un-Tyrer like (is he related to Colin of that ilk?). Reittie is a mawngy so-and-so, always complaining about something or other and the bucket collectors in the stand moaning to the ref. about us being offside...they obviously didn't see any of their own team's misdemeanours did they - 'course not!

Handforth took the last conversion, that's probably why it was un Tyrer like. :sleep: . It was a belter too.

#123 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

And what was even more remarkable about the win was the players only had a short turnaround with 3 days rest after Keighley game whereas Halifax played last Friday.

Edited by Tom Coates, 18 May 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#124 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Sounds like a missed a great game. I forgot we were playing and agreed to work on my day off, then remembered - I was well p.i.ss.ed off.   :angry:

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 18 May 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#125 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Well played to the Dewsbury team.

#126 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Sounds like a missed a great game. I forgot we were playing and agreed to work on my day off, then remembered - I was well p.i.ss.ed off.   :angry:

I think you would have quite enjoyed in Eddie.

Never mind, there's always next time.

:girlwerewolf:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#127 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

If you dont work m8 u dont get to see any of the matches.

#128 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Sounds like it was going to be the Featherstone - Leigh game Premier Sports was going to pick for t.v,but Mr Poskitt argued that BOTH would lose money if the game was on t.v,what a shame for them both,so they put us on and we lose the extra 400 or more fans we would had got,and we don't need the money then? Also if the game was on Sunday,it would had been on our 40th anniversary to the day when we won the league,thanks to both Feath and Leigh,glad for you both... :no:

According to sources it was because Fax are the holders.Which is the policy the beeb operates with the challange cup.Always including the holders in the first game.

#129 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi

When dewsbury kicked through Dane Manning took out a chaser (and high according to video ref) 

O'briens was ruled out for double movement, Barlow lost the ball before grounding and they ruled watkinson dived on the ball in the corner with a foot out of play (if he'd stepped back in play before diving he'd have been ok)

Think thats them all??

Cheers Landy.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#130 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Its been a bad season for me wanting to watch The Rams. If its not on a  sunday , I can't go. We have had a few non-sunday games already.

#131 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Well done rams, great win, love it to be a Bat v Dews final, well we can dream can't we ???

#132 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just need to avoid Batley, Leigh and Sheffield to get each other in next round and it could be a Batley v Dewsbury semi at least.

#133 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

I wouldn't want an away trip to Cumbria, I don't think there are any easy games.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#134 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Realistically we need to avoid Batley, Sheffield and Leigh to start thinking about Finals.

Despite our abysmal 2nd half performances against everyone else we should be confident of challenging the remaining teams

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#135 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Realistically we need to avoid Batley, Sheffield and Leigh to start thinking about Finals.

Despite our abysmal 2nd half performances against everyone else we should be confident of challenging the remaining teams

Does that include Halifax John?

:hunter:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users