Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Presenting the World Cup

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I don't know if this has been sorted yet. But I'm going to throw Alex ferguson out there. I'm no man it's fan, but at old Trafford, I think it would create a fair bit of media coverage and maybe add some celebrity faces to the crowd. I doubt we will get the queen, we are proudly (sometimes to our detriment) a working class sport. Any thoughts?

#2 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Give him something to do now he's retiring :D

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

There is literally no-one living or dead who could present this World Cup without the usual bitching from fans of RL who probably won't even attend a single game of the tournament. So on that basis, sod prestige, I'll vote for Steve Prescott.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Great idea,so it's got no chance.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

There is literally no-one living or dead who could present this World Cup without the usual bitching from fans of RL who probably won't even attend a single game of the tournament. So on that basis, sod prestige, I'll vote for Steve Prescott.

... providing Prescott is feeling well enough of course.

Edited by hindle xiii, 08 May 2013 - 11:28 AM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Clare balding....

#7 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

It should be presented by the head of the international federation, who and whatever that is.

#8 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

barry humphries?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Rolf Harris
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

darren lockyer?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#11 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

HRH Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.................. and if she can't do it, HRH His Majesty Prince Charles.

#12 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

It should be presented by the head of the international federation, who and whatever that is.

Just to be clear, after winning the world cup there could be no better honour than getting to meet Scott Carter.

#13 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just to be clear, after winning the world cup there could be no better honour than getting to meet Scott Carter.

at least a scott will get to put their hands on the world cup, theres no other way its gonna happen

#14 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

at least a scott will get to put their hands on the world cup, theres no other way its gonna happen

A Scot already has

#15 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Wiggins would be a good one if we win, I'd do seething innovative like have 2 different potential presenters, one for both countries in the final. Check all famous rl fans from NZ , Aus & Eng now
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#16 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

it will be some non descript no body as usual- a bloke in a suit, no one will remember- 90 % of the crowd will have left anyway by the time australia lift the trophy

#17 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

I don't care who presents it as long as it's Kevin Sinfield receiving it!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#18 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,813 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

NIGEL FARAGE MAN OF THE PEOPLE

CM

Downside #1: You'd have to be quite accurate with the flung bottle of urine, just to hit him and not the great and good of RL.

Downside #2: Man of the people, my 'arris!

Edited by Futtocks, 09 May 2013 - 08:53 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#19 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

HRH Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.................. and if she can't do it, HRH His Majesty Prince Charles.

At least with that option, whoever wins the World Cup will have it presented by their head of state!

EDIT: Interestingly, 5 of the top 6 ranked RL teams have the same head of state!

Edited by brooza, 09 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#20 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Invite the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard to do it, then when England win it she have to present it with gritted teeth, and Sinfield will have to use a crowbar to get it out of her hands.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies