Finance crisis

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Average attendance 850-900, meeting to be held in Raiders Bar which holds less than 100?

Shouldn't all supporters have a chance to attend?

#2 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

The atendance at the proposed meeting will be unknown until the actual night it occurs. I would imagine a greater number than 100 due to the past.

I personally cannot make the meeting which will probably come as a relief to the Board of Directors and some nieve fans ;) . I will say again that this position was clearly forseen and should come as no suprise to anyone who had knowledge of the finances of the club and the inherited debts. This is NOT a cash flow situation were borrowed money will omit the problem and it is hard cash that the club needs to pay of some of the long standing debts from previous to the curent BoD. It was always going to be an up hill battle but one thing that Barrow RLFC has is a hard core of fans and supportesr that have kept the club above water over the years. I can see a good future for the club but any plans must be actioned and long term otherwise this will reccur year in year out.

Sorry for the negativity but I have been harping on about this day coming for over 12 months.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#3 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

I personally cannot make the meeting which will probably come as a relief to the Board of Directors and some nieve fans ;) .

Where is the LIKE BUTTON. lol

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#4 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Average attendance 850-900, meeting to be held in Raiders Bar which holds less than 100?

Shouldn't all supporters have a chance to attend?

How do you arrive at your average figure?
Posted Image

#5 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Gate figures around 1000-1200 allowing for traveling supporters and children, my point being the Raiders Bar is to small to hold a meeting of this importance to the club. Going off past attendances at previous crisis meetings

#6 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Can't see a turn out of more 200 and I think that's being optimistic.

#7 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Totaly agree barrowbob Raiders Bar has a licence for around 75-80 if my memory is correct, could be wrong.

#8 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

cant make the meeting but i really hope it goes well and a solution can be found. alot of people have invested a great deal of time and money in the club, voluteers,  back room staff, BoD members past and present, the shop, its helpers and fans.

I dont think anyone wants this season or the club to fail and if its is only a cash flow problem im sure it can be overcome but the BoD need to be frank and open if we are to move forward.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#9 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Im sure the bar will be able to accommodate the numbers due. A bit of rearranging the furniture, plus there is always outside. We have a mic and a speaker what can go outside. Plus the last meeting we had at the lisdoonie, I'm sure there was less than a hundred there. I might be wrong.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#10 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

The meeting scheduled to be held in the Raiders Bar on Friday 17th May 2013 at 8pm, will now be held at the Lidsoonie Hotel - 6pm start
Posted Image

#11 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

lets hope for a big turnout...would be disapointing if only a few turn up after having to move the venue.

let me know how it goes please.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#12 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

The meeting scheduled to be held in the Raiders Bar on Friday 17th May 2013 at 8pm, will now be held at the Lidsoonie Hotel - 6pm start

Some of us dont finish work until 5-15 p.m. on a Friday so this is no good to me! :(

#13 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Just out of Interest does the lisdoonie sponsor the club at all.I didn't see a problem with using the raiders bar and keeping the money in the club even more so when the club needs all the money it can get

#14 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Be interesting to see how many people that are complaining the raiders bar wont be big enough to hold the meeting actually turn up themselves

Tom Heighton

#15 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Any bits of fund raising planned for Friday night? I know it won't be much but surely it all helps?

#16 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

The Raiders Bar will be open after the meeting at the Lisdoonie. So if you fancy a couple of pints to discuss the nights events with each other, your more than welcome. Plus we will be showing the Warrington v Hull game at 8pm. Doors will open at 7.15pm

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#17 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Apologies from Sandra and myself but we are in Ireland. I look forward to reading all about it after the meeting.

Posted Image

#18 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Unfortunatley I wont be there either as I dont finish work in time for a 6 p.m. meeting, shame it was not 8 p.m. as originally planned ;)

#19 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just hope there's a good turn out out after the griping about the meeting being held in raiders bar . If you want answers it want to share ideas for fundraising .. Help your club if you can by being there tonight . 30 mins and counting :)

#20 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Any news on this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users