Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

11/05/13 - CCup5 - Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos - 2.30pm (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Which team will go through to the next round? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will go through to the next round?

1. Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Leeds Rhinos (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

The one year when I don't have a holiday booked for Wembley weekend and Leeds play like that!

I think you are doing Giants a bit of a disservice, they have played very well. Leeds didn't exactly hand it to them.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#102 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Well deserved, cracking game, well deserved hudds
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#103 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Well deserved, cracking game, well deserved hudds

Totally agree  :D

Posted Image

#104 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think you are doing Giants a bit of a disservice, they have played very well. Leeds didn't exactly hand it to them.

Two interceptions,poor defence,numerous penalties.I think they did.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#105 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I am surprised

#106 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Two interceptions,poor defence,numerous penalties.I think they did.

Sounds like the words of a poor loser to me. :rolleyes:  Perhaps they didn't play to their best because the opposition didn't let them?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#107 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Sounds like the words of a poor loser to me. :rolleyes:  Perhaps they didn't play to their best because the opposition didn't let them?

Really.I give credit where it is due.I thought Leeds were awful.Certainly not as good a performance as they put in against the Bulls last week.I hope the Giants do well this season,RL certainly needs more teams to challenge for trophies.

#108 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hudds outplayed Leeds all the way through the match, even when they had only 12 men (Wardle should be made to buy the rounds for the rest of the season for putting his team in jeopardy like that).  Great match, great result.

#109 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,435 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Twig is far from a poor loser !!! I suggest you learn to read posts!!!

#110 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Saying Leeds played poorly is not the same as not giving hudds any credit. Hudds were by far the best team on the pitch in every aspect, but Leeds made a lot of basic errors and played some stupid rugby, hudds didn't and they deserved to win

#111 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ablett started what? A few hanbags? Wardell was stupid an clearly threw a punch to the head, I don't think it was a red but Albert was totally in the clear on that one.

Ablett knee to Wardle's head twice whilst on floor then got up and shoved Wardle, hope this helps....

Posted Image

#112 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

sinfield to burrow..... going long.... touchdown!

#113 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,435 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Saying Leeds played poorly is not the same as not giving hudds any credit. Hudds were by far the best team on the pitch in every aspect, but Leeds made a lot of basic errors and played some stupid rugby, hudds didn't and they deserved to win

Spot on... Great game, Huddersfield took there chances. Well done hudds

#114 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

If Leeds have played stupid rugby and made basic errors then they can't have been the best team on the pitch anyway.Surely that's obvious.

As i have said,I really hope the Giants do well.Good luck to them in the next round.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 11 May 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#115 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Well what a game, one of the best I've seen in a while

Cudjoe might not be lightening quick but he is a better all round player than his his opposite today, and a far far better defender than anyone gives him credit for

And there once again three England halfbacks were made to look ordinary by the one not good enough for Macbanana!

#116 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Great game. One of the best I've seen in a while. Also, hats off the Beeb for pretty decent presentation.  Had a big lump in my throat seeing Mike Gregory go the length in Ray French's World Cup Memories. 

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#117 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Twig is far from a poor loser !!! I suggest you learn to read posts!!!

I don't know. He loves a hissy fit now and then.
Huddersfield were majestic. Leeds remain a fantastic team, and you have to defend as if your lives depend on it to keep them out. That was as good and controlled performance as we will see all year. The Giants are a real threat playing like that.
It was wonderful to see such a good crowd - surely now their crowds will grow?
TGG.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 11 May 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#118 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Great game. Best team won.  Leeds did drop a lot of ball, but perhaps that was due to Huddersfield pressure. I thought the disallowed try at the end of the first half should have counted - benefit of the doubt.  Leeds should have taken the two just before Cudjoe's interception.  Huddersfield's defensive stint at the beginning of the second half was awesome. I wanted Leeds to win. They didn't because Huddersfield outplayed them.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#119 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I don't know. He loves a hissy fit now and then.
Huddersfield were majestic. Leeds remain a fantastic team, and you have to defend as if your lives depend on it to keep them out. That was as good and controlled performance as we will see all year. The Giants are a real threat playing like that.
It was wonderful to see such a good crowd - surely now their crowds will grow?
TGG.

:D

#120 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

sinfield to burrow..... going long.... touchdown!

Was the worlds greatest player playing today ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users