Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

11/05/13 - CCup5 - Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos - 2.30pm (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Which team will go through to the next round? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will go through to the next round?

1. Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Leeds Rhinos (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Who are Bradford's three good half-backs?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#162 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Luke Gale, Jarrod Sammut, Brett Kearney

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#163 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Bite from a bitter whino

Not bitter,if you have something constructive to post,please do.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#164 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Controversially I think we have actually looked worse since Gale returned to the squad. I can't remember him ever having an outstanding game for us.

Gale was absolutely brilliant for twenty minutes at  Warrington.

:)

Unfortunately, it was only for twenty minutes.

:(

#165 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Immense performance from Huddersfield who totally outplayed their opponents, exposing the limitations of this supposedly "great" Leeds side by simply getting in their face and refusing to go away.

Huddersfield's win was all the more remarkable as not only did they have to defeat Leeds, they also had to defeat an incredibly pro-Leeds refereeing performance by the all the match officials. Huddersfield had a perfectly good try disallowed, Leeds were never onside and should have had men sent to the sin bin for employing their usual tactic of giving away penalties deliberately once their opponents got any momemtum. The amount of Leeds forward passes that went unpunished reached comedic proportions and I'd love to know how Maguire throws punches and stays on yet wardle throws punches and has to go off? The special relationship at work again if you ask me.

Anyway, the best side won in the end and it was wonderful to see Sinfield, Maguire, Bailey and the rest of them, including the truly dreadful Hetheringtons, skulking around at the finish with faces like smacked aaaarses.

Well done Huddy - gggrrreat result for Rugby League!!! I'm absolutely delighted!!!!

Classic.The invite is still open for you to come and meet former Wigan player Gary Hetherington.I don't suppose you will though.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#166 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Luke Gale, Jarrod Sammut, Brett Kearney

Two steady half-backs and a good fullback, I reckon. For a moment I was worried that 'stocky halfback' Danny Addy was being included.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#167 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Danny Addy is a good player. Needs a longer run imo.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#168 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Two steady half-backs and a good fullback, I reckon. For a moment I was worried that 'stocky halfback' Danny Addy was being included.

Your club will be calling in the close season, especially if Ratchford goes back to Salford.

#169 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well thanks once again one and all for giving me a fair description of the game.Of course once ive sorted out the hicks and the sticks I form my view from the genuine unbiased poster's as most of you are

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#170 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

A bit late but it was a cracking game, decent forum afterwards too. And for what it's worth, I thought Cording was held up, Hardaker did exceptionally well to get a hand under the ball and another around it.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#171 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Managed to convince my football mad brother to watch the game, he had never watched so much as a clip of league in his life and was so impressed hes asked to tag along to a world cup game or 2.

#172 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

A bit late but it was a cracking game, decent forum afterwards too. And for what it's worth, I thought Cording was held up, Hardaker did exceptionally well to get a hand under the ball and another around it.

I dislike Leeds intently, but I thought it was a good try, and I wondered whether Ganson liked being on the telly a bit too much.  There were far more reasons to give than not give it IMO.

#173 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Managed to convince my football mad brother to watch the game, he had never watched so much as a clip of league in his life and was so impressed hes asked to tag along to a world cup game or 2.

Why wait until then?

#174 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Why wait until then?

Good point, if it was'nt for work commitments, lack of cash and the fact that Iive in deepest darkest Norfolk I would be regular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users