Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

12/05/13 - CCup5 - Warrington Wolves v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Which team will go through to the next round? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will go through to the next round?

1. Warrington Wolves (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Salford City Reds (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Discuss this Tetley's Challenge Cup fifth round tie here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Referee: R Hicks

Touch Judge: P Brooke

Touch Judge: M Craven

Reserve: J Page

Match Commissioner: D Campbell

In Goal: P Graham

In Goal: A Smith

Time Keeper: A Mills

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I would love Salford to win this but their defence is so bad that they don't have a hope.  Alas. 

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wires have turned a corner, I expect a close game early doors, then wires to turn on the style

#5 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Wires 80

Salford 6

#6 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Wires 80

Salford 6

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate! You really think we'll get 6?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

This will be a good a useful barometer of Wire's state of play. As bigger battles get closer, are they locked and loaded or a season past their peak?

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Martin Gleeson, Liam Foran, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Wayne Godwin, Vic Mauro, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Ryan McGoldrick, Darrell Griffin, Adam Walne, Jake Emmitt, Lee Gaskell, Chris Nero.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Lee Briers, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Simon Grix, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monagahan, Richie Myler, Stefan Ratchford, Chris Riley, Glenn Riley, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Rhys Williams, Paul Wood.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Warrington, by 14.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

While I am not too sure who will line up on the right wing for Salford,with the absence of Danny Williams,the prospect of the has he/hasn't he signed for SCR

Jodie Broughton,possibly up against former SCR loanee Rhys Williams is certainly intriguing.

With Lee Briers in the line-up the half back performance,where I hope Theo continues to showcase his talent,may be another area where a team is only as strong as its weakest link.

Salford victory - without requiring the golden point. :wacko:

#12 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Finished 52-6 to Warrington

#13 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

It was respectful of Tony Smith to put out a strong line-up for Warrington.

The intense preparation by Salford,for such an important game,of having the head coach and players at Chester Races during the week,obviously paid dividends. :rolleyes:

With 98 points conceded in the last 2 away games,Wigan and Warrington,it demonstrates the great strides the club has made since the sacking of Phil Veivers. :wacko:

The failure to put points on the board despite repeat sets in the first half shows we ain't missing Sean Long. :(

A poor turn out by Warrington followers,with an attendance of 5k when they can usually find another 25k to go to Wembley.

A big well done to the Salford supporters for their vocal support in the second half.

May I request all masochists out there to congregate at the SCS next Friday evening.Be in the stadium for an 8pm start.

#14 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

The intense preparation by Salford,for such an important game,of having the head coach and players at Chester Races during the week,obviously paid dividends. :rolleyes:
With 98 points conceded in the last 2 away games,Wigan and Warrington,it demonstrates the great strides the club has made since the sacking of Phil Veivers. :wacko:
The failure to put points on the board despite repeat sets in the first half shows we ain't missing Sean Long. :(
A poor turn out by Warrington followers,with an attendance of 5k when they can usually find another 25k to go to Wembley.
A big well done to the Salford supporters for their vocal support in the second half.
May I request all masochists out there to congregate at the SCS next Friday evening.Be in the stadium for an 8pm start.

Saving money for the bigger games, have Salford improved the crowds since the money came in?? Glasses houses mate, now coock off

#15 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Whilst the attendance is significantly down on a corresponding SL fixture, I would look a little closer to home before throwing stones.

#16 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Yes the 150 Salford fans made themselves heard for the last 20 mins.

#17 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Fair play to Wire - they put a strong side out and the result was probably never in doubt.

CC attendances are lower than ever and the crowd for this match crowd was better than Hull KR v Wigan - so no point in dwelling on that and yes, our crowds are so poor we can't speak on the matter anyway!

I think Wire look good right now and should win some silverware again. At Salford it is just one game at a time and enjoy any wins that come our way - ala Widnes last year. I don't expect anything else, but hope next season will be better ...

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

I already can't call it... who knows who will play worse!!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I already can't call it... who knows who will play worse!!

I think it's too close to call....who knows who will play better!!

Just to put a positive slant on things.

Bradford are probably the "safer bet", but Salford are quite capable of springing a surprise, and if we can sneak an extra player onto the pitch, well ...   :lol:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think it's too close to call....who knows who will play better!!

Just to put a positive slant on things.

Bradford are probably the "safer bet", but Salford are quite capable of springing a surprise, and if we can sneak an extra player onto the pitch, well ...   :lol:

A must-win game for us I feel. And I mean this as no disrespect to Salford - if we lose to on Friday I think it's season over for us.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.