TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

12/05/13 - CCup5 - Catalan Dragons v York City Knights - KO 3pm (CET)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Which team will go through to the next round? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will go through to the next round?

1. Catalan Dragons (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted York City Knights (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Discuss this Tetley's Challenge Cup fifth round tie here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Cats 48 york 6

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Referee: T Alibert

Touch Judge: J Periera

Touch Judge: R Webb

Time Keeper: J Louis Daniel

Match Commissioner: B Lilley

In Goal: C Vergnes

In Goal: G Towey

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

It’s now or never in the Cup, says Presley

York City Knights half-back Jonny Presley insists the Championship club are primed and ready to face their biggest test of the year when they play Catalan Dragons in a Tetley’s Challenge Cup fifth round tie on Sunday (3.00pm).
The match pits the Championship club against Super League opposition for the first time in two years and Presley is confident York will rise to the challenge of booking their place in the quarter-finals of Rugby League’s oldest and most prestigious competition.
York have already beaten French opposition this year with a 30-28 victory over Toulouse in the fourth round setting up the trip to Perpignan and Catalan Dragons will hold no fear for the City Knights.
“These are the kind of matches every player wants to be involved in, especially the English boys,” said Presley. “Playing in the Challenge Cup takes me back to my childhood watching the games on Grandstand and listening to Ray French.
“To play and be involved in games such as these in such a prestigious competition is really special. We’ve all dreamt of playing at Wembley and you never know what can happen in the Challenge Cup.
“It’s exciting to get an opportunity to play against Super League opposition and test yourself against the best. If we were to win it would certainly be one of the highlights of my career.
“Cup shocks do happen, you only have to look back to last year when Featherstone beat Castleford, but everyone at the club realises the size of the task.
“It helps that Catalans are on TV a lot so we know how they play and who to watch out for but it’s important to concentrate on ourselves and our performance, both collectively and individually. If we can get that right, I’m sure we will do York and the fans proud.
“The boys are looking forward to it, it gives us the opportunity to spend a couple of days together which will only strengthen the great team spirit we have.”
Presley rejoined York at the start of the year having spent 2012 playing Down Under with Fremantle Roosters, where he was named half-back of the Year in the Western Australian league.
“I really think playing in Australia for a season has benefited me and made me a better player,” said Presley. “The Kingston Press Championship is a tough competition and the standards are always improving which means as a player you need to keep improving too.
“We all know there’s a big difference between Super League and the Championships but we’re certainly not fazed by that, especially with what’s at stake.
“You always think ‘what if’ and it would be incredible to reach the quarter-finals but for now we are just concentrating on going over to France doing the best we can and enjoying the experience.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Only ever going to be one winner in this tie but hopefully the York fans will enjoy the trip! 

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Only ever going to be one winner in this tie but hopefully the York fans will enjoy the trip! 

Wish I was going...  <_<

Posted Image

#7 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

True,we have struggled away from home all season ;) Surprisingly,quite a few York fans are making the trip.

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

True,we have struggled away from home all season ;) Surprisingly,quite a few York fans are making the trip.

Is it really surprising though?  I mean, the chances of getting sunshine and warmth are so much higher in Perpignan and Perpignan is a beautiful city  .... (York's beautiful too, obviously, but I don't recall much chance of sunshine and warmth!)  Good excuse for a long weekend/week away!

Edited by Saintslass, 08 May 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#9 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Dragons by 50 plus, with young stars being given a chance to shine

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Catalan squad: Damien Blanch, Leon Pryce, Zeb Taia, Thomas Bosc, Ian Henderson, Rémi Casty, Louis Anderson, Greg Mounis, William Barthau, Antoni Maria, Eloi Pelissier, Kevin Larroyer, Daryl Millard, Mathias Pala, Mickael Simon, Jamal Fakir, Vincent Duport, Jean Philippe-Baile, Morgan Escaré.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Catalan squad: Damien Blanch, Leon Pryce, Zeb Taia, Thomas Bosc, Ian Henderson, Rémi Casty, Louis Anderson, Greg Mounis, William Barthau, Antoni Maria, Eloi Pelissier, Kevin Larroyer, Daryl Millard, Mathias Pala, Mickael Simon, Jamal Fakir, Vincent Duport, Jean Philippe-Baile, Morgan Escaré.

Blimey, they're not holding back then...!

York are taking three u20s and two trialists!

Posted Image

#12 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Much like when they played Sheffield in the cup last season, though it was good to see the star players turn out, even though we got hammered!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#13 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

100-0 cats
bluewhitearmy

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Catalan, by 52.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

90 - 8 apparently

#16 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

92-8 on BBC. Takes some doing to score that many! I notice it was 46-2 at HT. wonder when the kicked the penalty ......
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#17 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I notice it was 46-2 at HT. wonder when the kicked the penalty ......

lol "take the two!!!"................"really?!"

#18 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

92-8 on BBC. Takes some doing to score that many! I notice it was 46-2 at HT. wonder when the kicked the penalty ......

They went 2-0 up after 5 mins according to LoveRugbyLeague.

I remember when that amateur team popped a drop goal over in the first few mins against Wigan about 10 years ago, then got a penalty and went 3-0 up! Think they lost 110-3 or something in the end!
Posted Image

#19 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

My prediction was close
bluewhitearmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users