Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Red's for sale!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

The Red's board of directors, three of them, are to stand down and they are looking for a new investor.

http://www.newsandst...ferrerPath=home

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

i offered them a tenner before but sadly they had no change.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

The Red's board of directors, three of them, are to stand down and they are looking for a new investor.

http://www.newsandst...ferrerPath=home

Dale Brotherton is currently in talks with a new investor with regards to selling his shares in the club. The club has no debt and has a fair bit of cash in the bank, But any deal needs to be completed with in the next few weeks as all director are standing down at the end of may think.

HD has poor health at the moment and is doing the right thing.

#4 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hope the blokes health recovers and I wish him no ill but IMO he was a dinosaur in his thinking and was very short sighted with the shared stadium plan. Won't it be ironic if the new owner can see past the end of his nose and wants to explore using the stadium all year round. Unfortunately DP is in the middle of its facelift and now they have missed the boat - shame!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#5 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

BP has also just been granted a new lease to the reds and funding is in place for the "new stand". Weather it goes up is a totally different matter

#6 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

No debt as in bank loans or no debt as in directors loans. I find it difficult to believe they don't owe anyone anything....

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Why don't we buy them move them to derwent park, make a decent stadium out of it and go from there, works with Doncaster look at there ground it's amazing!! Decent ticket offer for both teams and speedway, would be well worth it.

#8 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

No debt as in bank loans or no debt as in directors loans. I find it difficult to believe they don't owe anyone anything....

No debt full stop. All debts were paid with the bridge money. The club also have quite a fair bit in the bank.

#9 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

So it was them that were holding the council to random then. They mustve got a pretty penny if they could pay all the directors loans off.

Good idea regarding Town buying them though although it could prove a millstone if they continue with the poor attendances

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Like I said we have a ticket offer for both or all 3 including speedway it's gotta to be win win! The old school fans need to get with the times it's a tight time for cash and we need a stadium with the times also

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

multi use stadiums are the way forward. maintaining a stadium that gets used once a fortnight on average ( and not at all in some months) is a weight round any small clubs neck. ground sharing and holding other events would help a lot with finances.

#12 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I hope someone who can make things happen is reading this, we have a World Cup stadium why not now see the light and push on!! Tesco could take on borough park and make it a decent hypermarket and then put in to make derwent park a complex and they could sponsor it!!

#13 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

I hope someone who can make things happen is reading this, we have a World Cup stadium why not now see the light and push on!! Tesco could take on borough park and make it a decent hypermarket and then put in to make derwent park a complex and they could sponsor it!!

Why would Reds give up borough park when they have just signed a new lease and secured funding for a new grandstand.
Dale brotherton has nearly £70,000 worth of shares in the club. If a buyer isn't found do you really think he will just let his investment go down then pan?

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Why would Reds give up borough park when they have just signed a new lease and secured funding for a new grandstand.
Dale brotherton has nearly £70,000 worth of shares in the club. If a buyer isn't found do you really think he will just let his investment go down then pan?

typical.

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

But those shares will be a paper value and won't be worth that in reality unless the club makes bumper profits.

Is the grandstand fully funded or do reds need to make a contribution? If they do how much is that contribution and do they have that sitting in their bank account?

#16 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Because reality is we do not need 2 dating stadiums and one decent stadium would be more then enough! We need to get with the times!

#17 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

We is barroom bloom or bob Jamison when u need them? World have also said brooks mileston but that fella died a few years ago RIP

#18 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Because reality is we do not need 2 dating stadiums and one decent stadium would be more then enough! We need to get with the times!

Let's not rake over old ground. The chance of a new stadium and the sporting facilities that went with it, are gone, and now it looks like the Luddites who opposed it are gone too. We all need to just move on and not think of what might have been.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

We are a World Cup stadium , fact !!! Roll on October !!

#20 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

We are a World Cup stadium , fact !!! Roll on October !!

David he is just fishing for bites. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users