Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Red's for sale!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#41 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Don't forget Keith there was a big cash injection due to compensation from the bridge disaster

#42 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Like I said we need our board to tell them how it is take over and merge!! Credit crunch times! Time too see the light

#43 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Like I said we need our board to tell them how it is take over and merge!! Credit crunch times! Time too see the light

Realistically do you think town could afford to but the reds? Your looking at £100k plus

#44 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

It could at least be looked into dont you think? I'm not saying barroom balloon the goon but there could be someone out there who would like a footy speedway and rugby league business to work with!

#45 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

If you look at the net worth (which gives a better indication of the value of the business) you can see the graph showing it being negative up until the cash injection from the bridge money.

Although it's currently a positive figure that valuation would be written down based on year on year losses. Although the net worth is positive its artificially inflated by the cash savings which would disappear if a new stand was built and although the new stand would be a fixed asset because it's (the stadium) a leasehold property that valuation would also be written down the further into the lease they go.

For my mind, why spend it on Borough Park when it could be spent on Dwrwent Park if they moved across the road. Another £100k would surely go a long way.

#46 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Our rent to the council is 5k. Would town settle for such a low ammount given the ammount speed way pay?

#47 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

It shouldn't affect what speedway pay. There would also be the add ons from bar sales and town could ask for a higher rent as reds wouldn't have any maintenance or light/heat/water to pay

#48 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

How about moving into brough park when/if the stand goes up. Sell DP to speed way use the cash to invest in the team and your closer to the pitch as well ;0)

#49 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Speedway wouldn't want to buy Derwent Park they wouldn't get enough use out of it to justify a big outlay I wouldn't have thought.

#50 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Simple get u reds lads binoculars!! Arnisons 32 goals next season my bet

#51 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

With a bit of luck

#52 Brow lad

Brow lad
  • Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Think arnys moving to Manchester

Edited by Brow lad, 09 May 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#53 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Think arnys moving to Manchester

He already has about 3 month ago. Committed to the club for next season tho (as long as there is a club)

#54 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

It would be a unthinkable if Reds went to the wall, it would be a sporting disaster for the area, here hoping it turns out okay and somebody steps in to buy the club.

Somebody mentioned about playing at Borough Park. Well it wouldn't bother me Town playing there, I only saw a couple of Town games there and they were fantastic occasions with a great atmosphere. Its never likely to happen as a shared pitch was one of the arguements against the new shared stadium.

Best of luck to the Reds, it's nice to see nearly everyone on here being supportive. I very much doubt we would get the same reaction on the Reds forum if the shoe was on the other foot. ;)

#55 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

It wouldn't make sense to move due to the state of their stadium. Town are in a far stronger position financially so any move would have to be the opposite way to make worthwhile

#56 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

It wouldn't make sense to move due to the state of their stadium. Town are in a far stronger position financially so any move would have to be the opposite way to make worthwhile

At this time Town are stronger financially having about 90 years left on the lease of Derwent Park whereas Red's have been given a 30 year lease in order to try and get funding for a new stand.   Town have already spent the best part of half a million on Derwent Park to bring it up to a better standard and they also have the added income from the speedway.     The Comets couldn't afford to buy out the Town lease for DP whereas the Red's would probably be better off without the upkeep of BP.     The Red's moving to DP is infinitely better than no Red's at all!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#57 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Couldnt play football on DP,we struggle to get it ready for RL.I would be happy developing and moving to BP lets be honest there both ######s at the moment,remember watching great Wigan team there Gill,Hanley,Lydon fantastic atmosphere.

#58 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I must be missing the reports from monday to saturday on how much of a struggle it is to get DP ready. Improvements were made at the start of the season and as a result time is needed for the new turf to settle in and a few good downpours were needed to sort the ground out after a long spell without rain after having machinery on and around the pitch while the work was carried out. 

Surely the club would be asking for help every home game if it was a struggle

#59 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Couldnt play football on DP,we struggle to get it ready for RL.I would be happy developing and moving to BP lets be honest there both ######s at the moment,remember watching great Wigan team there Gill,Hanley,Lydon fantastic atmosphere.

I know, that one game proves we can never get a game on. As for atmosphere,comparing the current one to the atmosphere for that game is just ridiculous.

#60 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

i think derwent park isnt that bad at all, yeah the old girl has seen better days but its everything we need. its certainly not a s#*# hole like people are saying. as for the pitch you would expect the rain to do it some good and the drains be up and running to full effect now.

Edited by wonky, 11 May 2013 - 10:33 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users