Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Red's for sale!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#61 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Club have confirmed and bbc r have tweeted

"@bbccumbriasport:Workington AFC are in talks with two businessmen from outside of the UK who have expressed an interest in taking over

#62 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ken bates and Michael Knighton

#63 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

It's them two Chinese businessmen, Wi Wun Yans and Ow Lang Sen.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#64 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

god luck to the reds whoever is interested in taking over obviously they see potential where as you lot just see blinkers.to have rugby and football at the reds ground would of been the perfect solution,to cuts each others costs and help each other survive.

Keep fishing for those bites!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#65 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

Lets not go down this road again. That stadium debate is long dead in the water.

#66 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

god luck to the reds whoever is interested in taking over obviously they see potential where as you lot just see blinkers.to have rugby and football at the reds ground would of been the perfect solution,to cuts each others costs and help each other survive.

ha ha you could make one of them fishing programmes with robson green.

#67 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

exactly the response i expected BLINKERS!!!

and that's from the person who thinks haven are the best team in cumbria
now that is blinkers!

#68 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

For a team that as yet to beat THE MIGHTY TOWN i just dont know how you work that one out ,your bran new team is called HAVEN 10,THAT was what you were saying on here NEW TEAM NO DEBT NEW START is that right CHOCCY .

#69 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

haven are the best team in cumbria lad and i dont even have to prove it.

Well why don't you go and follow them then?    Aren't they playing this weekend?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#70 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

lol your funny.

#71 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

For the benefit of BTO who again is posting rubbish without letting facts do the talking......but without restarting the stadium debate (Rockerlad)........

The main party against a multi-use stadium at the time was in the Reds camp. They wanted to go it alone.
Town were, in the main, as with most posters on here I'd guess, for the use of a combined stadium, as it made sense then and sense now.

However.....its dead in the water now.

I hope the situation turns out ok for the Reds. They need £10k to cover close season costs, but the recent meeting apparently had plenty of ideas as to how to raise that £10k to tide them over. I hope they get a suitable Chairman and board to run the club in the future (and not foreign fly by nights) and they get their new grandstand.

#72 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Get the stadium built and we will club in and get some great acts on like the keep mount does, I mean clown boy can say the rec got status quo on once didn't they so we can't match that haha get ur 7 up down up neck

#73 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

thats because you cant prove. now stop talking your utter tripe and jog on.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#74 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

big things to happen down at the rec in the next twelve months which will more than prove we are the best club in cumbria.

you gonna pay the leccy bill.

#75 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Like you going bust again because of your pathetic attendances?

#76 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Going to get a new stadium then........oh, I think we've been down that route before

#77 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Not in a position to call some, but definitely in a position to call Whitehaven2010

#78 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

your hardly in a position to call any team about poor attendances now are you? and no we wont be going bust again far from it.

Well it won't be your current BOD turning it around as they are clueless according to a die hard Haven fan I work with. So that must mean your going cap in hand to Sellafield again. How many times will the British taxpayer have to bail your lot out??
I'm sure the millionaires will be queuing up to invest in the sleeping giant called Whitehaven that have never won anything, have a ground thats falling to bits and have gates of about 600 in a town of 20k. I'll bet that guy who took over Salford had a hard decision to make!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#79 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well it won't be your current BOD turning it around as they are clueless according to a die hard Haven fan I work with. So that must mean your going cap in hand to Sellafield again. How many times will the British taxpayer have to bail your lot out??
I'm sure the millionaires will be queuing up to invest in the sleeping giant called Whitehaven that have never won anything, have a ground thats falling to bits and have gates of about 600 in a town of 20k. I'll bet that guy who took over Salford had a hard decision to make!!

Do Haven 2010 Ltd even own the lease to the ground or is it with the RFL?      

#80 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Wasted ? ... Now I have officially heard it all . Talk about being damned by your own words . We have invested wisely to give us a tidy little WORLD CUP ground . Unbelievable some of this stuff we read ...

Edited by DavidM, 18 May 2013 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users