Red's for sale!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#81 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

lets all guess what the big things happening soon at haven are. my guess is pora to sign new contract!!

Edited by town4me, 18 May 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#82 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Were you at the meeting last night BTO?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#83 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Why do you think in all seriousness your the best team in Cumbria and it makes you laugh that any town fan would think we are ?
What's your reasoning

#84 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I can't believe how jealous jam fans are of the Town stadium upgrade, its still riling them.

And it looks like it'll never happen in copeland :

http://www.whitehave...ferrerPath=news

#85 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yes, I heard about a new clubhouse and cover on the popularside (most welcome for us Town fans).    No doubt your rent will go up though accordingly.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#86 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

How long must we wait for this killer answer guys

#87 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Is that it ?? Gee whizz . History and present may suggest otherwise but there you go .

Edited by DavidM, 18 May 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#88 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Its the same as saying Whitehaven Amatuers are the best football team in Cumbria.
Everyone knows they aren't apart from the deluded ones

#89 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Its amazing the incompetency and waste of money that was Pow Beck :

http://www.timesands...5?referrerPath=

It was dead in the water 15 months before they admitted it, and the RFL and World Cup had to backtrack because of broken promises.
It did have a good outcome though, we get a spruce up and a WORLD CUP venue.

#90 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

WORLD CUP venue ... Great ring to it , can't wait . Boy we're gonna see some talent and a genuine legend in OUR town on OUR pitch !

#91 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

why would the rent go up then keith? these two things are just a small link in the chain of events scheduled to happen in the next 12 months.

From experience charities have to charge the market valuation for rentals and if there is going to be improvements at the Rec then the rental valuation is bound to increase.    Haven used to pay just under £5000 per year but the Miners put it up to £15k and Haven refused to pay it but I don't think after all that has gone on they could get away with that now.

#92 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Reds are for sale you know

#93 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

So they are going cap in hand again, what a surprise!!
If this another link in the chain what's on the other end? An anchor?? I can see the good ship Haven heading for the rocks again!!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#94 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

why would the rent go up then keith? these two things are just a small link in the chain of events scheduled to happen in the next 12 months.

yeah yeah just like the hotel and leisure complex around the wreck and then the new stadium.all pie in the sky. when will you lot learn. wishful thinking on your part but you can always dream choccy lad.

#95 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

your dreaming it is choccy aint you.keith in the current climate the country is in it would be in the best interests of the miners to put rents up.

Sometimes it's not in the hands of the charity (Miners) as they have to comply with charity laws, which as I said states that the charity has to get the best possible deal for charity and a true market valuation rental.   

Oh, and I know you are not choccy, in fact you're not in his class all though you're trying very hard.   :P

#96 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

big things to happen down at the rec in the next twelve months which will more than prove we are the best club in cumbria.

Mong
bluewhitearmy

#97 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

keith,point proved.

Haven't a clue what your on about.   What does Mong have to do with what you were saying?    That's a new word to me, sorry.

#98 TownTownTown

TownTownTown
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

about your fans and abuse they just cant help themselves.

Back to one! The big things happening to your team of misfits in the next 12 months must be where your name comes from.... Back to Championship 1

#99 TownTownTown

TownTownTown
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

you,ll be down before us lad.watch this space!!

Lad! See you soon boy.

#100 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

davidm you could argue all day as to who you think is the best club in cumbria but the answer will always be wrlfc. it dont need explaining.

Yes it ******* does you moron !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users