Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ben Harrison

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

I had a flick back through me old yearbooks.
I dont remember as much consternation when you won the championship by cheating in 2009.
Our team mainly consisting of kids is nowt in comparison.
Give it a rest

Mainly consisting of kids? Your side was not that young looking when they played at craven park recently. Might be hard paper rounds in Swinton, or Leigh as you are now sorry

#22 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

See Barrowbob thats just another dig isnt it? We are Swinton. You can avoid the argument all you like but the six signings from Warrington which have upset so many of you on the moral high ground are 20 or 21.

#23 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

We could do with Harrison, Morley and Briers playing for us, would certainly help not folding in the second half like we do every game at the minute

#24 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

See Barrowbob thats just another dig isnt it? We are Swinton. You can avoid the argument all you like but the six signings from Warrington which have upset so many of you on the moral high ground are 20 or 21.

i dont think the upset is over 6 warrington players aged 20 or 21, i think the argument was about briers, aged 33(ish), harrison (25 or so), morley 34 (ish), all internationals in their day.

then add the likes of Bridge to them aswell, then these players are certainly not 20 to 21 year olds gaining experience.

they are players being brough back to fitness at the expense of a championship club.

for the club its great you can call on warrington players, for the team it wont be so good, when you played at Barrow, you looked like you werent a team who knew what each player was going to do.

#25 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

i dont think the upset is over 6 warrington players aged 20 or 21, i think the argument was about briers, aged 33(ish), harrison (25 or so), morley 34 (ish), all internationals in their day.
then add the likes of Bridge to them aswell, then these players are certainly not 20 to 21 year olds gaining experience.
they are players being brough back to fitness at the expense of a championship club.
for the club its great you can call on warrington players, for the team it wont be so good, when you played at Barrow, you looked like you werent a team who knew what each player was going to do.

Thats certainly true Gus and its been a symtom of our play as a result of DR.
Im not a fan in many respects dont get me wrong. Its just that its what we seem to need to survive this season
The rest of our team is very young
Our main starting prop jack morrison is 20.
We have just signed three other youngsters in cooper harvey and sarsfield.
Our other problem has always been as soon as we develop a good player...Alex Hurst..Karl Ashall...another club comes along and pinches them
What is not relevant to this argument is us having no ground...playing in Leigh etc.
You have a captive audience up their restricted location and alternatives. Plus whether you like it or not you did much much worse to be successful.
It really is different when your own team is in the wrong. My loyalty leads me to launch to my clubs defence when people post ill informed nonsense such as started this thread

#26 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Thats certainly true Gus and its been a symtom of our play as a result of DR.
Im not a fan in many respects dont get me wrong. Its just that its what we seem to need to survive this season
The rest of our team is very young
Our main starting prop jack morrison is 20.
We have just signed three other youngsters in cooper harvey and sarsfield.
Our other problem has always been as soon as we develop a good player...Alex Hurst..Karl Ashall...another club comes along and pinches them
What is not relevant to this argument is us having no ground...playing in Leigh etc.
You have a captive audience up their restricted location and alternatives. Plus whether you like it or not you did much much worse to be successful.
It really is different when your own team is in the wrong. My loyalty leads me to launch to my clubs defence when people post ill informed nonsense such as started this thread

swinton certainly are not alone in the need to survive this season.

it may be a case of your BOD realising you were potentially going to be in trouble so formed this merger with warrington, where our board stayed clear of DR where i personally think we should have tried to form a link with someone.

clubs outside of SL need to adopt the survive at all costs and selling out to a SL side may be the way Swinton have done that. if that is the case then fair play, i mean i dont hear swinton planning a crisis meeting half way through the season.

as for the repeative dig of us cheating the title, like ive said on other threads, we just got caght.

it would be very intersting if all clubs from the championship were investigated like barrow were.

#27 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Fair play Gus ...the dig was a punch back.
I'll give that a rest now

What my main thrust has always been in this vast array of discussions on DR that the rugby league family of fans is letting itself down with comments that can only be construed as hoping Swinton fail in a terminal way
This is against all the values of sportsmanship I was ever taught

#28 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

What many clubs don't realise are the full facts of the link with Warrington, like the training facilities, the dieticians,the match and post match analysis coaches....the added benefits go on and of course non of which clubs like Swinton can afford on their own.
In my opinion it shows our club how we should be operating and so long as we learn from it then I can live with seeing Lee Briers in blue and white.

#29 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

What many clubs don't realise are the full facts of the link with Warrington, like the training facilities, the dieticians,the match and post match analysis coaches....the added benefits go on and of course non of which clubs like Swinton can afford on their own.
In my opinion it shows our club how we should be operating and so long as we learn from it then I can live with seeing Lee Briers in blue and white.

I have no idea if they fully utilize these options from Wire, but we would not be able too due to distance etc unless stuff like this is used via facetime phone calls, viral meetings etc

#30 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

So how was James Mendieka, 'signed' from Warrington on a permanent deal, yet oaned to London by Warrington? that's what i don't understand. Did you sign them or not or are they still Wolves players?

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#31 steve75

steve75
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

According to sky sports centre  Harrison isn't playing  Swinto but Bridge is!

Posted Image