TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Salford fined £10000

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

http://www.reds.co.u...e-for-sub-error

Bit steep that, am I right that Saints only got £100 when they did the same against us. I assume they will appeal.

#2 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

I think it should have been more to be honest. What's to stop any team doing it.

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yes, you're right westhuller.  We got fined £100 in 2006.  £10,000 is a ridiculous fine.  Nobody gets fined that amount in RL for anything.  They must have plucked that figure out of nowhere because it relates to nothing at all. 

Edited by Saintslass, 08 May 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

I think it should have been more to be honest. What's to stop any team doing it.

That could have been said following Saints' doing it in 2006, yet we are now in 2013 and this is the first incidence of it so that kind of undermines your question really. 

#5 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yes, you're right westhuller.  We got fined £100 in 2006.  £10,000 is a ridiculous fine.  Nobody gets fined that amount in RL for anything.  They must have plucked that figure out of nowhere because it relates to nothing at all.

They had an extra player defending their line for 3 minutes - what do you think the punishment should have been?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#6 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Are the rfl strapped for cash? Maybe they think they can just grab some of Dr Koukash's. On reflection, perhaps they should have docked us the 2 points - we aren't going to make the 8 or get relegated, so it doesn't matter.

I think it's steep (certainly in comparison with Saints) and I accept it deserved more than just a "Don't do it again you naughty boys!" Maybe £1,000 or even £5,000 would be more appropriate. I know you'll all say "Rubbish!", but I do wonder what the fine would have been had it been Wigan or Leeds in the dock.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#7 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

They had an extra player defending their line for 3 minutes - what do you think the punishment should have been?

3 plays, not 3 minutes, I believe.

#8 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Bet Cas don't think it's harsh!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#9 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Bet Cas don't think it's harsh!

Clearly not, from the posts so far.

#10 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

On reflection, perhaps they should have docked us the 2 points - we aren't going to make the 8 or get relegated, so it doesn't matter.

Quite. None of it matters. :ph34r:

#11 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Clearly not, from the posts so far.

I've no opinion on it to be honest I was merely asking the question.

Saintslass stated that the figure was plucked from thin air so wondering what amount he would fine them without plucking it from thin air and applying reason
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Are the rfl strapped for cash? Maybe they think they can just grab some of Dr Koukash's. On reflection, perhaps they should have docked us the 2 points - we aren't going to make the 8 or get relegated, so it doesn't matter.

I think it's steep (certainly in comparison with Saints) and I accept it deserved more than just a "Don't do it again you naughty boys!" Maybe £1,000 or even £5,000 would be more appropriate. I know you'll all say "Rubbish!", but I do wonder what the fine would have been had it been Wigan or Leeds in the dock.

Probably more.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#13 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Probably more.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In all honesty, though. Wigan and Leeds would not have got the substitutions wrong in the first place. :(

Edited by tonyXIII, 08 May 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

The official in charge of controlling substitutions maybe. Just a thought. It is his job.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

The official in charge of controlling substitutions maybe. Just a thought. It is his job.

Isn't it the clubs responsibility.

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Isn't it the clubs responsibility.

No, the fourth official, if I'm understanding correctly,must hold back a replacement until the player coming off leaves the field of play, that is one of his duties.

He policies replacements.

That doesn't mean the club has no responsibilty, but the onus isn't on them to get it right.

Edited by Padge, 08 May 2013 - 08:28 PM.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#17 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

No, the fourth official, if I'm understanding correctly,must hold back a replacement until the player coming off leaves the field of play, that is one of his duties.

That doesn't mean the club has no responsibilty, but the onus isn't on them to get it right.

It should work like that but 90% of the time the player enters the field as the other one is still jogging off.

I thought after the Saints incident the RFL did put the onus on clubs probably why there is such a disparity between Saints fine and Salfords.

#18 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm not convinced the onus isn't on them to get it right, I'd like to see that in writing if that is the case. Otherwise clubs could be sneaking players onto a field and simply blaming the 4th official.

On the actual fine, they have been found guilty of breaking 3 operational rules, and the player that didn;t leave the field made a tackle. I'm not sure of the circumstances of the Saints incident, I suspect it was less serious than what happened here?

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

It should work like that but 90% of the time the player enters the field as the other one is still jogging off.

I thought after the Saints incident the RFL did put the onus on clubs probably why there is such a disparity between Saints fine and Salfords.

If a player is allowed on the field before he should be, that is the officials fault, unless the player does it in such a way as to deliberately try to con the official and gets away with it.

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In all honesty, though. Wigan and Leeds would not have got the substitutions wrong in the first place. :(

That too.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users