Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Im sick of hearing about Alex Ferguson

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

every programme on the tele, even headlines on the news, good riddance to old Bacon Face.

Posted Image

#2 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

Why start a topic about it then?

As for good riddance, love him or hate him the best football manager to ever live.

#3 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Shanklys record says otherwise
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#4 Ironhawk

Ironhawk
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Cloughs says the same

Edited by Ironhawk, 09 May 2013 - 06:10 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

13 league titles, 5 fa cups, 4 league cups, 10 community shields, 2 champion leagues, 1 cup winners cup, 1 European super cup, 1 intercontinental cup, 1 FIFA club World Cup also says otherwise to me, and that's just with Man Utd. His greatest achievement as a manager and he has said it himself in his own book was winning a European cup winners cup with Aberdeen.

Edited by Green Brigade, 09 May 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#6 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

He did that over 27 year, shankly did his in no time. No doubt shankly was a better manager. Ask any football fan

#7 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

What's this got to do with Huns?

I don't want to read about ####

#8 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

He did that over 27 year, shankly did his in no time. No doubt shankly was a better manager. Ask any football fan

Doesn't matter how long it has taken him it's still an unbelievable record. Take your Leeds United specs off Macca the bloke is an outstanding manager.

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Doesn't matter how long it has taken him it's still an unbelievable record. Take your Leeds United specs off Macca the bloke is an outstanding manager.

the blokes a horrible peice of vermin!!! Nowt to do with leeds utd. I wonder if howard webb and the other refs will stay on the pay roll now whisky face has gone

#10 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Give me an open cheque book like hes had at man ure and i,ll get Hunslet in SL, let him go to Wigan Athletic or Norwich and see how good he is...
Posted Image

#11 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

the blokes a horrible peice of vermin!!! Nowt to do with leeds utd. I wonder if howard webb and the other refs will stay on the pay roll now whisky face has gone

Quality

#12 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Give me an open cheque book like hes had at man ure and i,ll get Hunslet in SL, let him go to Wigan Athletic or Norwich and see how good he is...

Spot on mate , it seems thats the way forward now , spend loads of money to buy a trophy , if he had'nt have won owt this year would he have retired , what with Man city and Chelsea losing out this year , they'll be spending next year

#13 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

How much did he spend at Aberdeen?

#14 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

How much did he spend at Aberdeen?

Was that before Rangers and Celtic were buying the league Daz!

#15 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Was that before Rangers and Celtic were buying the league Daz!

The achievement at Aberdeen was a Cup Winners Cup nothing to do with the league.

#16 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Swansea have won a cup this year, so should laudrup me made a sir for that? And what about martinez at wigan he works wonders with no money every season should same apply to him??

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

The achievement at Aberdeen was a Cup Winners Cup nothing to do with the league.

The point i was getting at was Open Cheque book , more money , better players..................

#18 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Swansea have won a cup this year, so should laudrup me made a sir for that? And what about martinez at wigan he works wonders with no money every season should same apply to him??

No because that's 1 cup. Like I said love him or hate him still the best manager in the last 30 years then if you like.

#19 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

The point i was getting at was Open Cheque book , more money , better players..................

Celtic have never had an open cheque book Rik, rangers have and we all know what happened to them mate.

#20 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Celtic have never had an open cheque book Rik, rangers have and we all know what happened to them mate.

It does show that money buy's trophy's (most times) Daz , people who play on there own (not team sports) like Phil Taylor , Ronnie O'Sullivan , ect have and need the talent to win things , but team that win sports of today is mostly down to money..........When the European Cup was won with teams like Aston Villa , Notts Forrest , Liverpool , Celtic , Man Utd , when the rule was somethink like 4 or 5 foreign players , you can't compare them wins to todays wins of the same comp...........Money simple as..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users