Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Poll - Supporters Association Contributions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: ORLFC Supporters Association (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you be willing to contribute to a completely open and transparent Supporters Association to manage ORLFC and replace the current management based on a 12 month contribution period

1. I dont want to contribute to this (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. £10 per month (11 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

3. £15 per month (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

4. Voted £20 per month (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

5. £25 per month (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. More than £25 per month (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

A poll to gauge opinion on whether supporters would contribute to a supporters association to manage ORLFC and how much they would be willing to contribute.

Edited by thecrab, 08 May 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#2 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

I would say at the very least you are going to need 750 people each donating £10 per month for a 12 month period that equates to £90,000 per year

1000 people at the same amount equates £120,000 per year A front loaded sponsorship approached and a high intensity marketing and merchandise strategy will be required to raise additional income of around £100,000 per year

Match day income will need to be improved, the Championship One clubs have 2 home games in the cup and 8 home games in the league, a total of ten days when you will need to raise match day income. If members are offered discounted season tickets the revenue will need to come through the turnstiles and refreshments. Ten opportunities to raise around £50,000, the club will need to take an average of £5,000 per home day (profit) that is a big ask!!

How much do the club receive from the RFL????

The project will also need a financial backer,

FC United and Ebbesfleet have several thousand members so for this to progress we need to identify a couple of thousand members?

it can happen if people make it happen

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#3 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

I need to caution you about using Ebbsfleet as a model, and perhaps use it as a dose of reality.
MyFC was created after 50,000 people expressed an interest and monthly subscriptions started in July 2007.
They paid £635k for Ebbsfleet.
EA sports contributed a significant sum too.

2 years later, half those people never even returned to the myFc site or continued subs.
2010, there were only 9,000 subscribers.
by 2011, only 20% of those 9,000 renewed.
Prior to the 2012/3 season, it had dropped to 1,300.

On 23 April 2013 it was announced that MyFC's members had voted in favour of handing two thirds of MyFC's shares to the Fleet Trust, a supporters' trust for the club, and the final one third to one of the club's major shareholders (believed to be former club chairman Phil Sonsara).
Perhaps factor that in, and budget for a significant drop in renewals (particularly if no success I would suggest)

#4 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Whilst that is true. It's not comparable. The people dont really care about Ebbsfleet which is why that website was always destined to fail

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

as i suggested in another thread id have 2 levels of membership..

£10 a month "silver membership" with 50% off season tickets.

&

£20 a month "gold membership" with 75% off season tickets.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

I need to caution you about using Ebbsfleet as a model, and perhaps use it as a dose of reality.
MyFC was created after 50,000 people expressed an interest and monthly subscriptions started in July 2007.
They paid £635k for Ebbsfleet.
EA sports contributed a significant sum too.

2 years later, half those people never even returned to the myFc site or continued subs.
2010, there were only 9,000 subscribers.
by 2011, only 20% of those 9,000 renewed.
Prior to the 2012/3 season, it had dropped to 1,300.

id bet a vast majority of the 1,300 subscribers left are actually ebbsfleet fans,who where ebbsfleet fans long before the myFC project began..

should we get anywhere near a 1000 oldham fans paying monthly membership subscription..that would put us on a very strong financial position relative to the rest on the clubs in both championship 1 & the championship..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#7 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

I'm going to start a poll to see how many of you keyboard warriors have been to games this season,Home and away, and how many have you attended, including both teams.

UP THE YEDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Ill go first, I have been to 2 games. Rochdale Home and Rochdale Home 

Also went to U20s at Mayfield.

Ill be going to Gateshead, Hemel, North & South Wales Home matches and Playoff games. Doubt ill go to anymore U20s games unless they are Saturday Matches.

and ill be watching Rochdale Away on TV.

What has me stating this achieved by the way?

I'm going to start a poll to see how many of you keyboard warriors have been to games this season,Home and away, and how many have you attended, including both teams.

UP THE YEDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I go to all home games and the Rochdale away games, and have been for a long, long time.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#10 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

All the home games plus Crusaders and Hornets away 1st team and all u20s Home games plus Hornets & Leigh away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users