TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Dallimore

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Has this story about him being targeted developed this week?
I'm not sure our current pay structure would suit him.
Personally speaking, I would like an individual with pace who is prepared to take the line on and beat the odd player.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#2 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Further to my earlier post. I tweeted Jamie to ask him if there was any truth in the rumours. He tweeted back that he will be joining up with the lads at training next week. He didn't say he'd signed or would be signing, just that he would be meeting up next week
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#3 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Further to my earlier post. I tweeted Jamie to ask him if there was any truth in the rumours. He tweeted back that he will be joining up with the lads at training next week. He didn't say he'd signed or would be signing, just that he would be meeting up next week

Interesting - ive certainly always rated him and I think he would improve us 

He once played for us in the Blackpool 9s on trial when Darren Shaw was coach along with Leon Brennan (now of NWC) and I rated him then

Couldnt see him wanting a fortune pay wise having been an amateur only a couple of years ago - sometimes these are the types of player you have to pay a bit more for, can be "match winners" maybe look for a sponsor to sponsor him and contribute to wages 

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Interesting - ive certainly always rated him and I think he would improve us

He once played for us in the Blackpool 9s on trial when Darren Shaw was coach along with Leon Brennan (now of NWC) and I rated him then

Couldnt see him wanting a fortune pay wise having been an amateur only a couple of years ago - sometimes these are the types of player you have to pay a bit more for, can be "match winners" maybe look for a sponsor to sponsor him and contribute to wages

Dallimore can kick goals as well, puts Crooky under pressure who seems to have forgotten his kicking boots this season.
Phil Bull.

#5 Hornets are u ready ready

Hornets are u ready ready
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

His goal kicking had been hit and miss this season, as I noticed a few other players have been too like Tommy Johnson of NW who is usually very good, do you think I could be something to do with the change of balls? Noticed more handling errors creeping in too, heard mixed reports about them new Rhino balls

#6 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

It appears, according to what he says on twitter, he's off to NWC.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

NWC seem to be showing quite a bit of ambition

#8 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Interesting twist, he told me he was just waiting for Talbot to contact him. Not sure if that happened? Then he's NWC bound. A good addition to there squad, gives them real options at 6 & 7. After seeing them twice now there current 6 & 7 look fantastic, not sure if Dalli will get a shirt. But if NWC are paying the right cash, fair play to the lad.
Again teams like Oldham & Hornets are going to struggle to compete with teams with cash.
The reason he left Oldham was that like Hornets, if you ain't playing your not getting paid. Looks like that's not the case at Cru?
Phil Bull.

#9 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Interesting twist, he told me he was just waiting for Talbot to contact him. Not sure if that happened? Then he's NWC bound. A good addition to there squad, gives them real options at 6 & 7. After seeing them twice now there current 6 & 7 look fantastic, not sure if Dalli will get a shirt. But if NWC are paying the right cash, fair play to the lad.
Again teams like Oldham & Hornets are going to struggle to compete with teams with cash.
The reason he left Oldham was that like Hornets, if you ain't playing your not getting paid. Looks like that's not the case at Cru?

From what you are saying though it may not all be about cash - did we make the lad think we wanted him?

Re the no play no pay from what I have seen of him I would think he would have got in our team more times than he didnt 

On another note but while we are on half backs I see young Bobbie Goulding masterminded a shock win for Dewsbury over Halifax last night - chip of the old block?   

#10 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

From what you are saying though it may not all be about cash - did we make the lad think we wanted him?

Re the no play no pay from what I have seen of him I would think he would have got in our team more times than he didnt

On another note but while we are on half backs I see young Bobbie Goulding masterminded a shock win for Dewsbury over Halifax last night - chip of the old block?

Asked Dalli, and yes Talbot & Mike Rush tried hard to get him onboard. However Dalli feels his options are better at Cru. Yes I'd agree. Once match fit I think Dallimore would be getting in our team most weeks.
Phil Bull.

#11 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Its funny how some fans from other clubs think that they know that NWC have loads of cash to spend etc, My feeling is this if you've got evidence that the NWC are this 'money no object club', then share it with us all, or as the old saying goes 'put up or shut up!.

It could be that the lad saw this as an exciting prospect with an exciting team, so why not just give it a go. Good luck to him I say.

#12 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

totally agree number 7 wether cru have got money to burn or not the lad could just be excited to join a team at the top of the league and looking very good for promotion ,good luck to him I say

#13 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

There is nowt wrong with ambition good luck Jamie with NWC, Hornets ambition is to tick over - fine both clubs have a point. However the quicker the spat with NWC is over the better "bravery v Budget" and all that because it just gives NWC players and extra point to prove - think about it!!!!

#14 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Its funny how some fans from other clubs think that they know that NWC have loads of cash to spend etc, My feeling is this if you've got evidence that the NWC are this 'money no object club', then share it with us all, or as the old saying goes 'put up or shut up!.

It could be that the lad saw this as an exciting prospect with an exciting team, so why not just give it a go. Good luck to him I say.

I never stated money was no object for Cru, I would suspect the difference is that a signing on fee or payments maybe made should a player not be in the match day side. Hornets & Oldham cannot do that.
As for Budget v bravery, that came from the clubs twitter feed. Tony Benson also eluded to it spend in his Pre match build to last weeks Oxford game.

I personally have no issue with who's being paid what.
Phil Bull.

#15 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Anyone who was at Crusaders fans forum on Thursday heard that the players aren't on salaries or retainers they just get paid if they play with win/loss money. Can't see they'd have changed things for one player.

The Board and a couple of the players were there and we're having a bit of a laugh about the big spending thing.

What they did say is they'd tried to cut back in other areas this year, with players sharing cars to games rather than renting a coach to go everywhere - they gave the example of Rochdale staying overnight in Neath in a 4 star hotel and they went down on the day, even though it was a four hour journey via Warrington.

From the sounds of it they maybe spending a couple of extra quid on the match fees than others and saving in other areas, but it certainly didn't sound like it was mega bucks.

#16 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Anyone who was at Crusaders fans forum on Thursday heard that the players aren't on salaries or retainers they just get paid if they play with win/loss money. Can't see they'd have changed things for one player.

The Board and a couple of the players were there and we're having a bit of a laugh about the big spending thing.

What they did say is they'd tried to cut back in other areas this year, with players sharing cars to games rather than renting a coach to go everywhere - they gave the example of Rochdale staying overnight in Neath in a 4 star hotel and they went down on the day, even though it was a four hour journey via Warrington.

From the sounds of it they maybe spending a couple of extra quid on the match fees than others and saving in other areas, but it certainly didn't sound like it was mega bucks.

Good shout, the over night in Neath did us the power of good didn't it? Looks like Cru are setting an example.
Phil Bull.

#17 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

It looks like whoever runs that twitter feed embarrassed us, budget V bravery?

Edited by Snoopy Loopy, 19 May 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#18 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Dalli had a good run out and got a try on his début for the Cru today .

#19 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Good shout, the over night in Neath did us the power of good didn't it? Looks like Cru are setting an example.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont....................................The club gave the players every help by staying in South Wales overnight (Damned if you do)

If the players had travelled down the same day as the game, 'Why didnt they stay overnight to give the players a chance'? (Damned if you dont)

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#20 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Damned if you do, damned if you dont....................................The club gave the players every help by staying in South Wales overnight (Damned if you do)

If the players had travelled down the same day as the game, 'Why didnt they stay overnight to give the players a chance'? (Damned if you dont)

Crooky says it most weeks in his column. Talbot gives them everything THEY need to win games. The coach, board & fans are giving it there all, overnight stays included. Lets hope the players at the end of the season can look at themselves and feel they have give it there all?

All I'm stating is Cru seem to have a happy ship, hard working players, who appear to be getting no special treatment but are producing solid performances. I also believe we (on our day) are a match for anyone in this league, but! We have yet to show it.

Whilst not griping to much, the players need to show that killer instinct whilst playing for a full 80 minutes.
Phil Bull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users