Hunslet Amateur Teams

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Yeh i agree with the Pennine League comment , last year we beat Sharlston 3 times and a few good signings and youngsters coming thru and there a class side this year , top notch defence and strong pack...............How would you rate this side from the one 6 years ago Col
Its very hard to compare teams Rik as things change over the years the Barla National Cup isn't what it use to be as most of the top conference teams don't enter anymore so getting to the finals for me was a lot harder to achieve then. The greatest memory personally for me regarding Sharlston was when Sharlston beat Dewsbury at Post Office Road in the challenge cup and a certain 17 year old Danny Grimshaw scored one of the tries in front of 2000 spectators. Under Martin Wood they had the best defence I can remember but for me Gordie Long has to be the stand out in terms of his commitment for the Rovers both as a player and now a great coach and I must mention the Committee behind the scenes who with hard work has turned Sharlston Rovers into one of the top clubs in the country.

Please don't bring that game up col it still hurts. Hope you and your family are all good pal.

#42 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

What has any of this school playground drivel got to do with HUNSLET HAWKS. Week after week we have news of games and results concerning Hunslet amateur RL teams posted on the Hunslet Hawks forum, why?

There are forums on here that cater for the amateur game why not use them?

IMO it's about time the moderator locked this thread before it gets out of hand.

most of us like to see our local teans doing well so thats why the amateur team fixtures and results get put on here
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#43 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

most of us like to see our local teans doing well so thats why the amateur team fixtures and results get put on here

Quite agree macca most of us do, what most of us don't want to see is the pathetic name calling and offensive personal comments that sometimes accompany these threads.

#44 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

What has any of this school playground drivel got to do with HUNSLET HAWKS. Week after week we have news of games and results concerning Hunslet amateur RL teams posted on the Hunslet Hawks forum, why?

There are forums on here that cater for the amateur game why not use them?

IMO it's about time the moderator locked this thread before it gets out of hand.

I put amateur fixtures/results on here because people can go to one website and get all the info they need to find out about Hunslet amateur teams , which are part of the community of Hunslet , i do see Hunslet Hawks fans at the amateur games and these fixtures are aimed at Hunslet fans , I noticed that you've got 14 posts on here so you must be a new fan or using another name , you made a comment last week about the amateur teams bringing the good name of Hunslet down , were you there at either of the games or just what you've heard , i've seen far worse at pro games Mr Moose , hope that answers your question..............

#45 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Not as many as Francis Maloney. Next question? Your not fat and spotty and play prop for the old boys are you by any chance?

Jamie fields , i think goes under the name of (BigOldBoy)............

#46 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Next round of Conference Challenge Trophy............. Wigan St Patricks v Hunslet Warriors........Sat 1st june 2013............

#47 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

I put amateur fixtures/results on here because people can go to one website and get all the info they need to find out about Hunslet amateur teams , which are part of the community of Hunslet , i do see Hunslet Hawks fans at the amateur games and these fixtures are aimed at Hunslet fans , I noticed that you've got 14 posts on here so you must be a new fan or using another name , you made a comment last week about the amateur teams bringing the good name of Hunslet down , were you there at either of the games or just what you've heard , i've seen far worse at pro games Mr Moose , hope that answers your question..............

I've been a Hunslet fan for over 60 years, I played for Hunslet Boys Club in the late 1950's in the same team as Mick Shoebottom, I hope that qualifies me having the right to have my say. As for being at the Rochdale/Old Boys cup game, no I wasn't but I've read enough reports about the game to believe that the behaviour of the Old Boys players and fans fell well below an acceptable standard.

Were you happy with your players and fans behaviour at the match Mr Blackbeard?

#48 hunsletoldboys

hunsletoldboys
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

I've been a Hunslet fan for over 60 years, I played for Hunslet Boys Club in the late 1950's in the same team as Mick Shoebottom, I hope that qualifies me having the right to have my say. As for being at the Rochdale/Old Boys cup game, no I wasn't but I've read enough reports about the game to believe that the behaviour of the Old Boys players and fans fell well below an acceptable standard.

Just because 1 fan got asked to leave does that make all the 270 other just as bad. The thing is that was R CUP FINAL. And you no what they say don't beleave everything you read. And I will say the player that got sent off got SOS no ban . Super teams do get sin binned and red carded are they below an acceptable standard .!!!!!!!!

#49 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Just because 1 fan got asked to leave does that make all the 270 other just as bad. The thing is that was R CUP FINAL. And you no what they say don't beleave everything you read. And I will say the player that got sent off got SOS no ban . Super teams do get sin binned and red carded are they below an acceptable standard .!!!!!!!!

Don't take my word for it have a look at the Rochdale forum and read the thread about the game or are all the Rochdale fans liars and nothing untoward happened. Rochdale fans had no axe to grind they won the game, I know which version of events I believe.

#50 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

We'll if you played with Mick Shoebottom at the Boys Club you should know  John Grant , Brian/Paul Thorpe and Dennis who runs the club and they'll tell you what happened , the fans were rowdy , Yes ,but no seats were ripped out , there was no fighting , no one was arrested , one of the fans was removed from the ground and just walked ............the bar takings that day would have put a lot of money into the Rochdale funds and at no point did the Rochdale bar refuse to serve anyone , if things were that bad why did'nt they close the bar , i've read the Rochdale forum and agree with some of the comments  , the game was Ref'd well , the sin bins/sending off were correct , and the 3 Tetley coaches that we used that day were not damaged , and had no complaints about are conduct.............

#51 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

Quite agree macca most of us do, what most of us don't want to see is the pathetic name calling and offensive personal comments that sometimes accompany these threads.
[agree/quote]agree moose that was some sick mind that made those disgusting remarks is this what huns fans at any level wants to see maybe CARDIGAN ARMS should take a trip to the oncology wing at ST JAMES maybe then he might not be so flippant with hs disgusting comments

#52 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Thursday 16th may 2013.............ko time to come.....

Hunslet Old Boys 1st/2nd team players v RAF Leeming........Friendly............

#53 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

RAF game OFF...........

#54 hunsletoldboys

hunsletoldboys
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Brighouse Rangers A 0 v 30 Hunslet Old Boys A (11-05-13)
Match Awarded

#55 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

Brighouse Rangers A 0 v 30 Hunslet Old Boys A (11-05-13)
Match Awarded

Well done on your promotion great achievement.

#56 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Sat 18th May 2013............2.30ko

NCL Div 1.......

Millom v Hunslet Warriors..........

YML Premier.........

Hunslet Warriors A v Bramley Buffaloes...........

(Summer League)

Hunslet Old Boys (Summer Team) v Leeds Akkies..............

#57 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Game been switched to away now.............2.45ko

Leeds Akkies v Hunslet old boys (summer Team) ........at Old Modernians (cookridge)............

#58 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Game been switched to away now.............2.45ko

Leeds Akkies v Hunslet old boys (summer Team) ........at Old Modernians (cookridge)............

cracking clubhouse at mods rik. I play football there
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#59 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Queens v Sharlston 2.15pm 4th cup for Shilo if they win depends on what team Queens have available then its old boys last game at Shilo rik 

Edited by suzzy, 18 May 2013 - 10:02 AM.

chappy

#60 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Queens v Sharlston 2.15pm 4th cup for Shilo if they win depends on what team Queens have available then its old boys last game at Shilo rik 

I was taking to a middle age gentleman who played with Queens the other week and he said with him , Steve Morton , and Andy Wilson they had a combined age of about 120 years , Joe Howey , Romeo arn't playing no more , Sharlston win for me Col............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users