Des, was he actually in the wrong?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Less than 800 for the CC game in a Yorkshire derby v Fax is crapola, Fax must have took 200 at least, something not right there ?
IMHO

#22 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Batley fans and Sheffield fans aren't on their forums pointing fingers.....

#23 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Nobody said they were Mark my old mucka

#24 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Looking back is great but I'm more interested in now + the future

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#25 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Looking back is great but I'm more interested in now + the future

guess your not a liverpool fc fan then Morty?

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

i would agree that Mr J was not the main reason were financially in a mess.

Taking Batley as an example, if all things are legit there, it would be interesting how a couple of seasons ago, you managed to build a competetive squad and have a coach like Karl Harrison, all from crowds of around 700 which you get.

If all things are square there, then the business plan you must have in place will be pretty impressive.

So is the implication that Batley are doing something underhand? The main difference I think is that Barrow signed established players who were stars and would ahve cost a decent amount. The team that batley had around Harrison's time was of capable Championship players and SL academy hand me downs who were given another chance. Our main influence was Tiger Handforth who came cheap because he was at Doncaster when they went bust. Hardly comparable to your marquee signings, Rooney, Catic, Fletcher etc

#27 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

also, the excuse of us being in cumbria cant be used as haven and worky are further out than us and surely must have higher players wages to pay than us and their crowds are lower than what we get.

It isn't all about income through the turnstiles though. At Workington we have a lottery with more than 5,000 members which brings in a good income, we have a sponsorship deal with NES that is as good as any outside of SL, and of course we have the very useful income from the speedway rent at ~£50k per year (Town also keep all of the car parking and bar takings from speedway as well).

#28 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

It isn't all about income through the turnstiles though. At Workington we have a lottery with more than 5,000 members which brings in a good income, we have a sponsorship deal with NES that is as good as any outside of SL, and of course we have the very useful income from the speedway rent at ~£50k per year (Town also keep all of the car parking and bar takings from speedway as well).

That's good business
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users