TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Changes in the ranks required me thinks

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

So everyone seems to think I have got it wrong with our 6 and 7.  I am open to change, but yet to see it.  So why is this team not gelling then? 

As mentioned before, I think we have a brilliant set of outside backs and FB.  The pack is quite good and big but dont hand off enough - and Mr March needs to be dropped and Hayley or someone similar step into LF positon.  Hookers are quality too, so dont feel as though we are failing there either.

I am just not getting it  - so feel as though it has to be our 6 and 7.  For sure they dont bring our wingers in, I would hate to be a winger in this team!!  We cannot wait for another 8 weeks to see if they come together, by then we will be looking at the relegation door. 

If I have got it wrong about these two then please tell me whats goig wrong as I am really unsure !!!

For the sake of the club Gazmeister i would love to see another 500 people like you come on board and criticize the lad because that's what he want for Hunslet Hawks but as you say his form has been up and down since being out all last season with a groin injury but do watch the highlights video of 2011 and it might give you some idea of what the lads capable of i never disrespect any one who says it how he see,s it but i do hope he can start performing how we all know he can then you might change your stance welcome to Hunslet Hawks 

chappy

#22 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

For the sake of the club Gazmeister i would love to see another 500 people like you come on board and criticize the lad because that's what he want for Hunslet Hawks but as you say his form has been up and down since being out all last season with a groin injury but do watch the highlights video of 2011 and it might give you some idea of what the lads capable of i never disrespect any one who says it how he see,s it but i do hope he can start performing how we all know he can then you might change your stance welcome to Hunslet Hawks

col everyone knows the ability that grimmer has, he's devastating on his day. For whatever reason he just doesnt seem to have got going yet but it will happen and when it does im sure we will be in for a real treat
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#23 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

With Grimmer I think it's a confidence thing, let's not forget he missed pretty much all last season, that will certainly have set his development back

Have a look at our 2011 season highlights on youtube, the whole video is pretty much 'The Danny Grimshaw Show', that's what he's capable of Gazmeister (I was writing this part just as Suzzy wrote the same thing!)

Given time he'll come good, there's a long way to go this season yet, and I guess the one positive about having so many teams in the relegation battle is that you're unlikely to get cut adrift after a couple of defeats

Edited by morley-hawk, 13 May 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#24 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

It was written into the bye-laws of the game in about 2008 KOL ... "Hunslet Hawks RLFC must not attempt, or will be rewarded with, a successful 40-20 kick in general play" ... why else would it be that we've not done one since then ?

Assuming Grimmer is fit and ready for the trip to Workington this week, and the rest of the team will be largely unchanged, it will be interesting to see if the result is any different to a couple of weeks ago ...      

#25 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

It was written into the bye-laws of the game in about 2008 KOL ... "Hunslet Hawks RLFC must not attempt, or will be rewarded with, a successful 40-20 kick in general play" ... why else would it be that we've not done one since then ?

Assuming Grimmer is fit and ready for the trip to Workington this week, and the rest of the team will be largely unchanged, it will be interesting to see if the result is any different to a couple of weeks ago ...

Think I kicked a few after that date.

#26 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Margaret the person who is in charge of the ball boys on match day has kicked more 40/20s than Helliewell and Grimmer.

#27 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Think I kicked a few after that date.

Maybe you did, but popular Hunslet folklore suggests you were the last player to kick a 40/20, which may or may not be true, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

But in any case, it was a bl00dy long time ago ...   

#28 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Maybe you did, but popular Hunslet folklore suggests you were the last player to kick a 40/20, which may or may not be true, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

But in any case, it was a bl00dy long time ago ...

It was a long time ago your right there.

#29 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Have to agree about our kicking game,it is pathetic,40/20s never attempted,almost all kicks on last tackle go to hands and we end up under pressure by better sides who run it straight back at us.Barry eaton was a master at the kicking game,so why is it not coached into our team,should we not do hours of practice on our own pitch,ie kicking the opposition back to there own try line,and 40/20s down the line,its not rocket science is it really.We cannot allow anymore bonus points to bite the dust they are going to be vital come the end of the season,,,,,I will say it again,this isnt doom and gloom as some people are saying,,,if we need to get something from our last two games(sheff away,,fev home)we are down,plain and simple.

#30 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Spot on
Posted Image

#31 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Coyle the half back joins from Leigh - Was that down to me posting on here I wonder :(  ;)

If so we need a new Loose Forward too please?

Edited by Gazmeister, 15 May 2013 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users