TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Results 11-5-13

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Crazy

#22 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Lee fewlass (Gateshead) jordan precious(gloucestershire) matty welham (hunslet) and Carl booth (keighley)

Carl Booth was watching his brother play for Skirlaugh today & told me his season is over due to his knee injury !

#23 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hope he hasnt Hull Fan as Tony is a good coach. Cnt understand why Myton are under performing this season???

#24 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Not what some of his players are saying codecracker they are not happy with the players and coaches he is bringing in

#25 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Just what I've heard

#26 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thatto 24-26 Wests...in Golden point, Wests slot a penalty goal from 40 yards out to pinch it.

#27 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Bruce i can't believe how you can say that West Hull pinched the game when it was score for score all the way through. The fact that you blew two good drop- goal attempts and then gave away a penalty in what can only be described as very windy conditions took some bottle to go for goal and win what was really a good end to end game. I would also like to pass on our deepest sympathy to the family of Betty Lawley of who we have had some good laughs with RIP from all at West Hull ARLFC

#28 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Bruce i can't believe how you can say that West Hull pinched the game when it was score for score all the way through. The fact that you blew two good drop- goal attempts and then gave away a penalty in what can only be described as very windy conditions took some bottle to go for goal and win what was really a good end to end game. I would also like to pass on our deepest sympathy to the family of Betty Lawley of who we have had some good laughs with RIP from all at West Hull ARLFC

Rammo, I think you have miss understood my phrase 'pinched it' which was just a phrase of speech. As you say taking nothing away from a score for score game and missed chances from both teams in difficult conditions. Thank you for the condolences for Betty, she was one of the many unsung Heros of the amature game that keep the clubs ticking over. At least we can concentrate on winning the league now, and all the best in the next round.

#29 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Wath Brow beat Woolston 38-0 but the score didn't reflect the effort of the Woolston lads. It was 6-0 until 53 minutes but then Wath Brow pulled away. I wasn't there but my wife said that Wath Brow were a great club and we wish them well for the remainder of the season.

#30 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Leigh Miners 48 v 16 Ince Rose Bridge

Leigh Miners started their defence of the Conference Challenge Trophy with a comfortable 48-16 victory against a weakened Ince Rose Bridge outfit yesterday on a windy afternoon at Twist Lane. Miners made the perfect start scoring in the opening set of six from young winger Andrew Hodson, Youds converting from the touchline to give the score 6-0. Ince responded straight away from the restart when their centre stole the ball one on one to race into score, the kick being converted to tie the scores up at 6-6. Miners hit back straight away when Rose Bridge knocked on from the restart, Andrew Groves finishing off in the right corner from the scrum, Groves was in again soon after when he steamed onto a twos play in centre field to race into the right corner from forty out to score, Youds adding the extras to give the score 16-6. Groves completed his hat trick inside the opening twenty minutes stepping inside to score after some good work by Jonny Youds, Youds adding the extras to put the score to 22-6. The visitors hit back to score their second try on twenty minutes before Miners scored two more first half tries from Darryl Kay and Andrew Hodson, Youds converting the Kay try to give the half time score 32-10 in favour of the home side.

Miners scored their seventh try of the afternoon ten minutes into the second half when hooker Tom Farrimond jumped from dummy half to score on the left, Scott O’Brien was next to score a few minutes later opening up a thirty point lead with the score at 40-10. Ince could have easily rolled over but to their credit they carried on plugging away and scored their third try of the game on the hour after some good play down the right to give the score 40-16. Andrew Hodson grabbed his hat trick with fifteen minutes remaining before MOM Andrew Groves finished the scoring with his fourth try of the game to give the final score 48-16 and send Miners into the next round against Rochdale Mayfield.

Next week Miners are away to Siddal in the league.

Miners team = Jimmy Muir, Andrew Groves, Jonny Youds, Sean McDonald, Andrew Hodson, Steven Marsh, Scott O’Brien, Kev Howells, Tom Farrimond, Darryl Kay, Liam Coleman, Danny Jackson, Danny Jones, SUBS = Adam Thomason, Todd Appleby, Dave Rowlands, Luke Murfin

Miners MOM = Andrew Groves

#31 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Always a good match report from the Miners. Does any one think they will retain the cup?

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Carl Booth was watching his brother play for Skirlaugh today & told me his season is over due to his knee injury !

Out of curiosity could you find out if he was wearing blades, we've had 6 bad knee injuries since 2004, all the players involved where wearing blades and the ground was also very firm (5 during our summer days)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#33 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

WIGAN ST JUDES 20-44 HUNSLET WARRIORS

A depleted Judes side were dumped out of the Conference Cup by a big mobile Warriors who fielded three former professionals and it told, Judes started well and scored first when good handling got Darryl King over in the corner the kick failed then ten minutes later M.O.M. Nathan Jones stole the ball one on one and raced forty metres to go under the posts Darryl King added the goal but then the self destruct button was pressed and penalties and handling errors kept Judes under pressure and they cracked to leak in two converted tries to trail 12-10 at the break.

The second half was all Hunslet as their big pack started to off load in the tackle and cause problems for the Judes defence they stretched their lead to eight points but then Judes hit back with a well worked try from Darryl King this was only a blip as the visitors tore holes in the Judes line with good off loads and good support play to run in three tries of which two were converted and kick a penalty to make the gap eighteen points. It seemed that if Judes could get in the Warriors twenty they would come up with a score and on one such rare visit Darryl King was put over by Paul Pendlebury to claim his hat trick he then added the extras to round off Judes scoring for the day but Hunslet were still effective and their attack was relentless as they ran in another long range effort inter passing on the way and finished the game with a seventy metre interception try as Judes tried to prise open their defence.

Edited by wiganstjudes, 14 May 2013 - 06:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users