Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huddersfield v Leeds

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I take it all back about BBCs bias against RL. I thought the coverage was spot on today and so refreshing not to listen to Stevo and Hemmings rattling on. I'm looking forward to the WC coverage in Oct & Nov.

I'm watching the red button now.

Posted Image

#2 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Lengthy discussion on the red button regarding the new SL and Ch proposals. It involved comments from Nigel Wood. It lasted about 1/2 an hour. Did anyone else see  it.

Posted Image

#3 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Really enjoyed that game, very entertaining :)

Question should Danny MaGuire have also walked (as the Hudds lad did for punching) for his punching after taking umbrage of being held up on the line ?

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

I agree the BBC were absolutely fantastic today. Did watch the extended forum on the red button it was quite an interesting watch. I think the RFL chairman made sense in what he was saying for the need of a restructure. There is to many meaningless games in RL which I believe the new structure is addressing. I honestly don't understand why the proposal with the 3 8's has got so much negativity. I think it's quite good and would work in RL.

#5 steve75

steve75
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Really enjoyed that game, very entertaining :)

Question should Danny MaGuire have also walked (as the Hudds lad did for punching) for his punching after taking umbrage of being held up on the line ?

I think they said Cudjoe put a knee into McGuire's face, and it wasn't sustained punching as it was in Wardle's case - might explain the card/ no card scenario!

Posted Image

#6 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Great coverage and excellent discussion on the new league structure. The more I think about the favoured proposal the more I like it!

Posted Image

#7 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Having watched and thoroughly enjoyed BBC's coverage together with Eorl Crabtree's performance and others mind, I'm very seriously thinking about going to the Millennium Stadium for the opening day match-up against the Aussies. 

The Burgess brothers have both been outstanding for the Rabbits so far.  James Graham has just returned from injury with the Dogs so I am more optimistic about running the Kangaroos close this time.

Would love to see Lunt given the 9 shirt.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#8 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Totally agree about Lunt & Crabtree. Never seen Leeds make so many mistakes. Particularly Sinfield & Burrow.

Posted Image

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Having watched and thoroughly enjoyed BBC's coverage together with Eorl Crabtree's performance and others mind, I'm very seriously thinking about going to the Millennium Stadium for the opening day match-up against the Aussies.

The Burgess brothers have both been outstanding for the Rabbits so far. James Graham has just returned from injury with the Dogs so I am more optimistic about running the Kangaroos close this time.

Would love to see Lunt given the 9 shirt.

I'd thought Graham was banned for allegedly biting Slater in the GF. Completely agree with everything else though.

#10 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'd thought Graham was banned for allegedly biting Slater in the GF. Completely agree with everything else though.

He's back now.  Dogs were sat near the  bottom of the pile until Graham returned.  They are a different team when he's on the park.#

Moff
Go Cumbria!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users