TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

town squad vs widnes

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Re: the crowd figure......ssssshhhhhh, creative bookeeping

#42 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

yeah that sounds way off. the idiots from down the road think it would have neen over 70 if it was sunny???? words cant sum them lot up.

there must have been a radio in the asylum.

Edited by town4me, 12 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Was it 5000 at that play off game v Salford in 91 ??!!!!!

#44 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well done town today thought they put in a great effort against a well drilled widnes outfit!! The play of the balls seemed the difference for me, they were fired up to play the ball and whilst defending maybe offside sometimes but very fit also!!
Thackerey again put in a good performance and made yards with coward too and stack always had 3 or 4 defenders around him and rightly got man of the match for us!!
Hock took some stick but personally I think he played well, taking the ball in at great angles and always making yards as well as get his dirty fingers in the tackles as well but that's the type of player he is, hope he does well in the NRL.
On next week I think we should rest any guys with niggles and use the dual reg to its full advantage and get Forber and coyle if fit in the 17 a win would be nice but donny and keighley away are the must wins, onwards and upwards up the town and good luck to widnes

#45 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

not sure DR are allowed for the NR cup but stand to be corrected??

#46 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hunslet have problems then . I think some of our guys need ( deserve ) a spell .

#47 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Rochdale used dr in NRC

#48 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Great effort by all the lads shame the two Rown players best equipped to step up a level were missing we missed there ability to get a fast play the ball

Should take great confidence from that into our league campaign now
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#49 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Great effort by all the lads shame the two Rown players best equipped to step up a level were missing we missed there ability to get a fast play the ball

Should take great confidence from that into our league campaign now

i think it possibly showed today that the town players who we thought could step a division up right now probably need another 1 or 2 seasons in tbe championship to progress, with the exception of stack.

Edited by wonky, 12 May 2013 - 08:20 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

A huge part of top level teams here and Australia is in the wrestle at the ruck . These teams are experts at getting the ball carrier on their back and putting 2 seconds on the play the ball . No quick plays , no momentum and no control of the game . It's a huge step up in physicality and pace , and that showed for guys like Olstrum , who was snuffed out by big guys in his face . Full time is the difference , so its not like for like .It's just a game to learn from and move on .
We compete with our own on a level playing field ! I would include Matty in that Wonky , those two are our players who could step up now .

Edited by DavidM, 12 May 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#51 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Re: the crowd figure......ssssshhhhhh, creative bookeeping

Thought the crowd was a lot more than is stated, but if thats the figure so be it ;) well done to the lads today, never gave in and gave there all.

Also a big well done to the Widnes fans for attending todays game, came in numbers and supported your team, good luck in the next round .

#52 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

i thought clarke was awesome for widnes as was dave allen.had it been a bit drier the score would of been considerably more.poor crowd although good widnes crowd of about 1000.hock certainly knows how to wind players up.

go on choccy lad throw that fishing line. have you retired pora pora lol

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

And had it been drier it would have helped our handling and fluency to , it works both ways !!!

#54 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

The BBC have confused me again! The brief match report states: "Jack Owens also kicked six goals - including one drop-goal - as his side reached the last eight of the competition."

Edited by Supporter, 12 May 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#55 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Sky sports report I read was very good and accurate , with coaches quotes .

#56 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Clarke mom controlled their pack alround the park,we wouldnt have scored if we had still been playing tmoro.lets not get carried away guys still a massive gulf,catalan put 80 on york,so not a bad showing they did not disgrace themselves.

#57 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Clarke mom controlled their pack alround the park,we wouldnt have scored if we had still been playing tmoro.lets not get carried away guys still a massive gulf,catalan put 80 on york,so not a bad showing they did not disgrace themselves.

widnes were strong in defence today but we still could have got a couple of trys. a few more kicks for Elliot and calders in the 2nd half could have resulted in trys too. widnes got one very lucky try at the end and no long range trys. could easily have been 6-24. widnes deserved the win but were nothing fantastic.

Edited by town4me, 12 May 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#58 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Agreed , all the second half tries were very soft . They were workmanlike in the conditions and played strong basic rugby in attack and defence . We had nothing really to throw back at them , but full credit that they never really broke us or ripped our defence . On the pitch , certainly from 20 metre line to 20 metre line , the action didn't equate to the scoreboard ( which chose today not to bother with the time )

#59 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Agreed , all the second half tries were very soft . They were workmanlike in the conditions and played strong basic rugby in attack and defence . We had nothing really to throw back at them , but full credit that they never really broke us or ripped our defence . On the pitch , certainly from 20 metre line to 20 metre line , the action didn't equate to the scoreboard ( which chose today not to bother with the time )

well said david. our defence was solid and they certainly didn't open us up except right on our line and i thought some trys were soft but take nothing away from the lads

#60 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

widnes were strong in defence today but we still could have got a couple of trys. a few more kicks for Elliot and calders in the 2nd half could have resulted in trys too. widnes got one very lucky try at the end and no long range trys. could easily have been 6-24. widnes deserved the win but were nothing fantastic.

Hard to score long try's in those conditions and to be honest I think dry and warm conditions would have resulted in a higher Widnes score.Stack stood out for your team and I be definitely be interested in him at Widnes.He was your stand out player and for Widnes Dave Allen.Gaz Hock does some stupid penalties at times and Goodluck for the rest of the season.I think there was more than 1600 at the game, I feel fiddled.The conditions where dreadful and spoiled the game to be honest.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 12 May 2013 - 09:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users