Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Feelgood factor back with P&R return

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Dont know about anyone else, but I'm finally starting to get the feelgood factor again about RL after 5-6 years in the wilderness and being downright peed of with RL - after reading the new proposal and after watching Big Nige yesterday on the red button. I was really encouraged by what he said and thought he came across very well.

I really cant wait for the changes and for the stupid 3year licensing guff to end.

Bring it on! If I were a millionaire I would consider investing again in my local club

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,601 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

What was said? Can't get the red button in Cyprus.
Posted Image

#3 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Does this mean the Championship supporters like Trojan (sorry - first name that sprang to mind!) are going to buy tickets for the World Cup and the Challenge Cup Final now? ;)

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#4 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Agreed, very positive about the future of the game.

#5 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Feelgood factor has just left town.

If I was a millionaire, I would be withdrawing my money from the game because it would all get wasted on short term fix, second rate Aussie.

And I shan't bother with the World Cup, because we can look for to another 30 years of youth development taking a back seat - all so Fev and Leigh can get relegated every other year.
People called Romans they go the house

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,269 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

There'll soon be another injustice, unfairness, immorality to whine about
There always is.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

If I was a millionaire, I would be withdrawing my money from the game because it would all get wasted on short term fix, second rate Aussie.

And I shan't bother with the World Cup, because we can look for to another 30 years of youth development taking a back seat - all so Fev and Leigh can get relegated every other year.

But youth development is only happening properly at the SL clubs. The rest are slowly rotting. The new proposals will allow the other clubs to develop youth. Regarding Aussies - I would reduce imports to one per club in SL.

#8 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Does this mean the Championship supporters like Trojan (sorry - first name that sprang to mind!) are going to buy tickets for the World Cup and the Challenge Cup Final now? ;)

Well I'm certainly more inclined to.

Renewing sky sports and prem sports is on ice

#9 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Agreed, except that I can't see Leigh challenging any time soon. Fev and Halifax maybe.

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Dont know about anyone else, but I'm finally starting to get the feelgood factor again about RL after 5-6 years in the wilderness and being downright peed of with RL - after reading the new proposal and after watching Big Nige yesterday on the red button. I was really encouraged by what he said and thought he came across very well.

I really cant wait for the changes and for the stupid 3year licensing guff to end.

Bring it on! If I were a millionaire I would consider investing again in my local club

I couldn't agree more me owd cockle-doodle-do!! :D  :D  :D 
I'm a cautiously happy fat bloke this morning!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Does this mean the Championship supporters like Trojan (sorry - first name that sprang to mind!) are going to buy tickets for the World Cup and the Challenge Cup Final now? ;)

let's not rush owt eh? See how it goes. :lol:
But I'm happier with the game today than I've been at any other time for over 6 yrs! ....
Someone mentioned Tonga!!!!! :lol:

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#12 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Shall we do a deal? You SL fans buy some tickets for the NR Cup Final and Championship Grand Final and we'll have a think about returning the favour.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#13 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Agreed, except that I can't see Leigh challenging any time soon. Fev and Halifax maybe.

Perhaps not - but there is a chance we might. And that'll do for me a thousands of other fans in the championship - inc. the lapsed ones.

People said the same about Wigan Athletic....

#14 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Feelgood factor has just left town.If I was a millionaire, I would be withdrawing my money from the game because it would all get wasted on short term fix, second rate Aussie.And I shan't bother with the World Cup, because we can look for to another 30 years of youth development taking a back seat - all so Fev and Leigh can get relegated every other year.

Why should youth development take a back seat because of this? Despite the obstacles which licensing puts in the way of championship clubs I think you'll find Fev have continued and self funded their robust youth development programme while many other more illustrious members of the Professional game have to some extent abandoned theirs. I don't see any good reason why Fev or the other clubs shouldn't have good youth structures just because of the proposed changes.

God forbid we try to make the game meaningful for all. The game, as a whole, has realised that its time for change and I share the optimism.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 12 May 2013 - 12:40 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#15 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Dont know about anyone else, but I'm finally starting to get the feelgood factor again

Yes indeed.

Hudgell will feel good he doesn't have to spend so much if his club will be competing against CC clubs. Fulton and O'Connor will feel the same. Maybe Hughes will also feel good that he can keep London going in cheaper second tier SL. Abbot and Nahaboo will also feel good about not having to spend so much just to survive.

I suspect this has all come about in reality because nobody wants to invest millions in their clubs every year when there's a glass ceiling.

#16 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

12 team comp no P & R and no NRL has beens and never wasers in the way forward.

#17 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

12 team comp no P & R and no NRL has beens and never wasers in the way forward.

A neo Luddite no less.

#18 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,601 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Shall we do a deal? You SL fans buy some tickets for the NR Cup Final and Championship Grand Final and we'll have a think about returning the favour.

What have the NRC Final and Championship GF got to do with SL?

The international game and the Challenge Cup have something to do with the Championships.

Kind of a strange argument based on unreasonable and unrelated demands!
Posted Image

#19 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,269 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

What have the NRC Final and Championship GF got to do with SL?

The international game and the Challenge Cup have something to do with the Championships.

Kind of a strange argument based on unreasonable and unrelated demands!

It's weird stuff

Attending rugby games featuring the best players in the world is apparently a 'favour' and the reasons people have given for virtually boycotting the World Cup are unbelievable well maybe not when I think about it.
Nobody has to of course: but it does illustrate the self serving parochial attitutudes of some people.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#20 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

The big dream of franchised game has been shown up for what it is. A waste of time.

Its just a shame that so much damage has been done to the game outside SL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users