Feelgood factor back with P&R return

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

There are a lot of polarised views on a limited number of subjects. People express what by now are deeply held feelings. We are on the opposite side of the debate on p&r dave.
However, I still feel comfortable enough to exchange views with you. You are never abusive. You rarely if ever use sarcasm as your preferred mode of exchange and though I reletain my 'closed' stance on this issue I'm still a happy bloke happy to discuss any aspect of the game with you - though you have to accept as ive yet to see a sl game im somewhat limited on that subject! :lol:
Keep smiling
Love n peace

i do like the odd bit of sarcasm if i'm honest :-)
The bit i struggle with on here is that very few people will concede any point whatsoever.

#122 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,585 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

The bit i struggle with on here is that very few people will concede any point whatsoever.

there's a difference between sarcastic and sardonic Dave.

regarding conceding points. Good point.

there are people who seem somehow proud of their 'entrenched views', so no chance of any progress there. 

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#123 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,914 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Of course. Everything in moderation.
I've read both sides of what is now an epic debate for years. There appears to be little "give" on either side and I suppose we may have to accept the fact we're never going to come together on this issue at least.
And on it will go.....
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#124 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wellsy - I think this issue with Hull was at the height of tensions between the SL and NFP due to a series of seasons where the RFL refused entry to SL for the NFP champions (due to FTP which did not apply to SL clubs!) and Shuddersfield were kept up

Just to be clear, that all happened in the first season a team (Hunslet) were denied promotion. And the APC had already declined Hull and Huddersfield's request to join the NFP before an official decision has been made on Hunslet's application to join Super League.

#125 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Sorry it wasn't I mean a league win

Fair enough!  :D 

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#126 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

there's a difference between sarcastic and sardonic Dave.

regarding conceding points. Good point.
there are people who seem somehow proud of their 'entrenched views', so no chance of any progress there.

Blimey, I had to look "sardonic" up, is that a first time use on here?

Of course points should be conceded if the facts, logic or reasoning dictate, if people don't want to concede its agree to disagree time, now that's what we don't have enough of, and you this, you that is what we have too much of.

Now cue you this you that's!!

Edited by The Parksider, 14 May 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#127 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Agreeing to disagree should have it's own thread. Points should be awarded for the most posts on that thread.

At the end of each season we should have a winner with a trophy too big to lift. The one with the least reasons to agree/disagree get relegated to A.O.B or 3 years to get their act together being nicer to everyone.

#128 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,585 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Agreeing to disagree should have it's own thread. Points should be awarded for the most posts on that thread.

At the end of each season we should have a winner with a trophy too big to lift. The one with the least reasons to agree/disagree get relegated to A.O.B or 3 years to get their act together being nicer to everyone.

and the ones who can't make their minds up will be left to rot no doubt. It's unjust and unfair, you couldn't er make it up

Keeping it local

#129 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,585 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Of course points should be conceded if the facts, logic or reasoning dictate, if people don't want to concede its agree to disagree time, now that's what we don't have enough of, and you this, you that is what we have too much of.

why you...you 

Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users