Photo
- - - - -

Catalan v Castleford - KO change (merged threads)

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

At 1 weeks notice with all travel arrangements booked, they allow Catalans to bring forward next Saturdays game by 3 hours to accommodate the Kick and clap game for tv.

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Err, I'm pretty sure that most Castleford fans travelling won't be arriving in France 3 hours before kick off! If it had been a day, then I'd have sympathy!
Posted Image

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

It's a bit rude, and not for the first time.  Still at least they've not moved the game 50 miles up the road.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#4 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

At 1 weeks notice with all travel arrangements booked, they allow Catalans to bring forward next Saturdays game by 3 hours to accommodate the Kick and clap game for tv.

So are you telling us that the fans have timed their arrival in France precisely  for the kick off?

#5 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I know :lol:

That puzzled me. If Cas fans aren't arriving in France within 3 hours of the game then there's a chance they could miss it anyway.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Good job Cas fans never show contempt for the RFL.
People called Romans they go the house

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Could it be the train timetable that is compromised?

Edited by Wolford6, 12 May 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#8 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

This has happened before, many fans chose to stay elsewhere and travel on the day, I know a lot of Salford fans picked Lloret last time.

I wonder how many fans are affected?

#9 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

At least Cas fans don't have to suffer what London fans did a year or so ago when Sky moved the match to another day completely.  That could seriously mess up timetables.  I would imagine though if fans were planning to arrive within three hours before the game they would be at risk of missing the kick off anyway, travel providers being what they are (namely, unreliable).

#10 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

I know quite a few that land at 1pm. which is reasonable for a 6pm kick off.

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,842 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I imagine this is a real pain for those Cas fans who were just driving down for the day.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm sure the thousands of castleford fans will enjoy the extra drinking time after the match, to drown their sorrows!!

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

That smart car better set off now for the South of France with Cas' huge travelling army of supporters.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#14 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

You have my sympathy but it's not the end of the world. At least French TV will be showing the game before the other one, allowing the audience to get some kip after the excitement.  ;)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I think Castleford are just a victim of circumstance, certainly not contempt shown against them, it was just whoever was playing Catalan that day. Granted it should have been announced earlier (if it could have been), but I doubt it would have made much difference anyway... Catalan trips get organised and paid for a good few weeks in advance. Anyway, if a few Cas fans still want to think the RFL's 5 to 5 on a Friday job is to find out how they can next pish off the Tigers fans then so be it, they've already get a few up their sleeves I hear.

Oh and it's union's fault.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

I would have thought Castleford would have had to agree to this too...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#17 bricktop

bricktop
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I would have thought Castleford would have had to agree to this too...

"The Tigers would like to make fans aware that the decision has been made by the RFL despite our objection to the change as we believe that the late notice is unfair to our travelling fans."

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=3163

#18 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ah well. Thats life.

I couldn't go to Catalan this weekend as it was a Sunday kick-off. These things happen.

Posted Image

#19 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

There's a few guys on the Castleford forum who are going bananas, and rightly so, about this.  One guy in particular has changed his holiday plans (missing the first part so he can go to the game then fly on to join his pals somewhere) who now has a flight and hotel booked that are worthless to him.

To be honest, the sniggering and derision of the Cas fans grievance on here is a bit disappointing to read.

The last time I went to Perpignan to watch Trinity I structured it so it was a family holiday for two weeks, and I would already have been in France had a similar decision been taken as it has here.  Is it too much to ask for a bit of consideration?

When people book for Catalans there are a host of departure and arrival airports and flights to choose from with a wide array of prices, it's not an unreasonable expectation to have the fixture kick off times set in stone to allow fans to make the journey that best suits their pockets and agendas.  Some make a weekend of it, to some it's the start of a break and for others it's the end of a break.  

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

"The Tigers would like to make fans aware that the decision has been made by the RFL despite our objection to the change as we believe that the late notice is unfair to our travelling fans."

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=3163

Fair enough

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users