TRL Helpdesk - is my boiler *@$ked?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Morning all - I know naff all about boilers but quite simply there is no power to it at all. There is power on the control unit as that seems to be working fine but absolutely nothing form the boiler. I've checked the fuse and that's about it!

can anybody help?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,824 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Almost certainly the thermocouple linked to the pilot light is not working. If you are lucky, the gap between its probe and the pilot light has become clogged with surface dust/fluff and can be brushed clean.

More likely, it has burnt out. It's quite a common problem and a replacement should be re-fitted by a qualified gas engineer.

I've had a few go over the years .... generally about £50 to £70 for a fitter to supply and replace.

It is probably worth asking the cost of a combined replacement and boiler-service.

Edited by Wolford6, 12 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

hmm - being doing some digging and my pressure was at 0! Been told this boiler will shut down if pressure not up to scratch. So I've represssurised the system, gone to turn the boiler back on and still nothing.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

hmm - being doing some digging and my pressure was at 0! Been told this boiler will shut down if pressure not up to scratch. So I've represssurised the system, gone to turn the boiler back on and still nothing.

Sounds like you've done some sensible investigating and come up with a blank, but I would suggest it's now time to call in someone who does know what he(she) is doing.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Get on the internet. Although you'be got the pressure back up the boiler may still need resetting. Google the boiler make and model with the word reset and see what comes up.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

circuit board gone - £300

cracking news

Posted Image

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

circuit board gone - £300

cracking news

Don't worry pal,I'll buy the beers.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Don't worry pal,I'll buy the beers.

The blow is well and truly softened! thank you!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users