Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Weekend

Magic Weekend

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I am new on here and have never been to the magic weekend before so i have some basic questions i hope you could help with. 

Four games in a day is a long day what are to rules at Man City re taking in food and drinks?

Car parking, is it easy to park and what's it like getting away as i guess fans are coming and going between the matches.

Is it possible to leave the stadium and come back later, i.e. you may want to watch the first and fourth games only?

Do they print a programme to cover all 7 games or is there one for each day ?

#2 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm going this year.....first time for me and really looking forward to it......what baffles me is why the sat starts so early (12pm) while the sun starts so late (3pm).......means I've got to busta gut to get there for the start, then there's a lot of waiting around on sun followed by a really late sun finish with a struggle to make last trains etc

#3 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thought the same, The Sunday would be better to start a couple of hours earlier.

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

First time for me also but the times are a little confusing. Have to catch a train at 8am Saturday to get to Manchester for a 12 KO (would usually be 9.23 but the railway tracks are having work done at carnforth). Then because the Sunday starts so late we had to book another night in a hotel as there wasn't any trains late enough to get home which meant having to come back on a bank holiday which made the train tickets twice as expensive.

Anyways looking forward to it, hope the weather is nice.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 12 May 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#5 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

I am driving up from Essex.Leaving Friday, going back Monday. Long weekend.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

No food and drink allowed into the stadium IIRC, though I'm sure we snuk in cornish pasties, butties etc last year. As long as it's not a picnic hamper you're probably ok.

And you're free to come and go but expect a stamp on your hand for re entry.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

No booZe in the stadium then?

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

No food and drink allowed into the stadium IIRC, though I'm sure we snuk in cornish pasties, butties etc last year. As long as it's not a picnic hamper you're probably ok.

that was quoted but they never searched us at all for food.

#9 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

When this was in cardiff or Edinburgh, there would have been 3 or 4 of us with tickets sorted and hotel. Since its been in Manc we haven't really bothered. Went on Sunday last year but probably not going to bother at all now.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#10 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

We're heading up for the weekend, and looking forward to it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

My recollection from when the question was asked last year is that someone posted some info sent to them from the stadium management, stating that food and drink was forbidden. However, this was just the generic rule for Man City games, and after checking further it turned out food was allowed. There probably is some 'within reason' rule so like you say, as long as you don't take liberties.

If anyone asks, just say you're diabetic. I'm sure there must be some rule to cover those with a medical need to take their own stuff in.

#12 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

By the way, has anyone received their ticket yet? I ordered mine weeks ago and nothing yet.

Edited by Nomad XIII, 13 May 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#13 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

What kind of crowd are we looking at this year as it all seems very quiet on the promotion front

CM

Loads of posters in Manchester - far more than last year. Been seeing them all around town for about a month now.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 13 May 2013 - 12:32 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#14 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Loads of posters in Manchester - far more than last year. Been seeing them all around town for about a month now.

There are no posters on the Moscow underground, evidently.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Slight tangent, whispers the other week that one ofthe games, perhaps the first - Catalan v London, wasn't going to be shown on sky. Does anyone have any confirmation or denial of this?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Slight tangent, whispers the other week that one ofthe games, perhaps the first - Catalan v London, wasn't going to be shown on sky. Does anyone have any confirmation or denial of this?

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/ - has it on SS3 at midday.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/ - has it on SS3 at midday.

Ta. Good stuff. I'm sure this rumour goes round every year only for all the games to be shown anyway. Splendid.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Ta. Good stuff. I'm sure this rumour goes round every year only for all the games to be shown anyway. Splendid.

In fairness they didn't always show all the games.  Just to be clear and all that.

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

In fairness they didn't always show all the games.  Just to be clear and all that.

True. But I think I went to those ones so I was happy enough anyways. :)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

They have always showed all the games I think - just not always live - one or two have been either on delay or on the red button.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Magic Weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users