Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Weekend

Magic Weekend

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/ - has it on SS3 at midday.

Sky Sports website agrees.

http://www1.skysport...y-league-on-sky

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I believe I have found a hotel in Thailand with Sky Sports, so I'm set! Just need to work out the time difference!

EDIT: Damn, 1:30am on Monday. I'll be in Cambodia then! Need to find a hotel in Cambodia with Sky Sports! :laugh:

Edited by brooza, 13 May 2013 - 01:12 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#23 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,958 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

I believe I have found a hotel in Thailand with Sky Sports, so I'm set! Just need to work out the time difference!

EDIT: Damn, 1:30am on Monday. I'll be in Cambodia then! Need to find a hotel in Cambodia with Sky Sports! :lol:

You'll get no sympathy here.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#24 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

You'll get no sympathy here.

But I'll miss the Rhinos match!

#25 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

By the way, has anyone received their ticket yet? I ordered mine weeks ago and nothing yet.

My email confimation says:

All tickets will be posted out to arrive no later than 5 working days before the event, unless specified to the contrary.

#26 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

For the people who stuck with nothing to do on Sunday morning - there is a Masters tournament at Eccles ARLFC involving 6 teams from Eccles, Blackpool, Leeds and Kent.

#27 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,958 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Win/win then.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#28 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

They have always showed all the games I think - just not always live - one or two have been either on delay or on the red button.

Just to be boringly pedantic, at the first Millennium Magic in 2007 Sky did not show the first match on either day, but just showed the tries from them when they came on air. The second year they still did not show those matches live, but instead had extended highlights of them following the live games (making it impossible to avoid the scores).

The first Murrayfield Magic in 2008, when it had been expanded to seven matches, was when they started showing every game live, although that year one of them (Hull vs Cas) was only on the red button with a replay later in the evening.

From 2009 every game has been shown live on a normal Sky Sports channel.

#29 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

I can tell you most of what happens now if you like.

McGuire will throw some punches, no blood will be spilt.  He won't be penalised.

Sinfield will referee the game, and take an age over penalty kicks if his team are tired.  Eddie will describe him as a "wonderful servant" at least once, despite him being a well paid professional player.  Sinfield will kick repeatedly to the corner for Hall, Moon will be described as a revelation despite just being a solid centre.  Delaney, Peacock and Hardaker will have lots of tattoos on show.

There will be a couple of shots of the Hetheringtons sitting together in the stand.

#30 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

I can tell you most of what happens now if you like.

McGuire will throw some punches, no blood will be spilt.  He won't be penalised.

Sinfield will referee the game, and take an age over penalty kicks if his team are tired.  Eddie will describe him as a "wonderful servant" at least once, despite him being a well paid professional player.  Sinfield will kick repeatedly to the corner for Hall, Moon will be described as a revelation despite just being a solid centre.  Delaney, Peacock and Hardaker will have lots of tattoos on show.

There will be a couple of shots of the Hetheringtons sitting together in the stand.

NO SPOILERS!!!

#31 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just to be boringly pedantic,.

Oi stick to your brief.

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

Oi stick to your brief.

:lol:

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

My email confimation says:

All tickets will be posted out to arrive no later than 5 working days before the event, unless specified to the contrary.

Thanks, i only asked because Rugby League tickets I buy online usually get delivered so promptly. They arrived in the post today anyway.

#34 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Just to be boringly pedantic, at the first Millennium Magic in 2007 Sky did not show the first match on either day, but just showed the tries from them when they came on air. The second year they still did not show those matches live, but instead had extended highlights of them following the live games (making it impossible to avoid the scores).

The first Murrayfield Magic in 2008, when it had been expanded to seven matches, was when they started showing every game live, although that year one of them (Hull vs Cas) was only on the red button with a replay later in the evening.

From 2009 every game has been shown live on a normal Sky Sports channel.

I don't know, I think every game has been shown live or on the red button since Magic began

#35 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

I don't know, I think every game has been shown live or on the red button since Magic began

They haven't.

Just to be clear is usually right with stuff like this as well.

#36 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

sorry, I actually have no idea. I just couldn't help myself

#37 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone know if we have copyright on the 'Magic Weekend', as i've just read a piece on the RFU championship gaining a new sponsor, which refers to their plan to host three 'Magic Weekends' at the start of their season.

Quote: "The Greene King IPA Championship will launch in September with three ‘magic weekend’ double-headers played at neutral venues in the south-west, south-east and midlands/north, creating a ‘23rd game’ on top of the 22-match regular season."

Apologies for diverting the thread slightly..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#38 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

My ticket(s) one arrived today. One ticket for both days apparently.

#39 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Does anyone know if we have copyright on the 'Magic Weekend', as i've just read a piece on the RFU championship gaining a new sponsor, which refers to their plan to host three 'Magic Weekends' at the start of their season.

I think they have them in union anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Magic Weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users