Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

BBC to show more World Cup games than originally announced.

world cup bbc

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned already on here but it looks like the BBC have already decided they will be showing more World Cup games. They originally announced that they would show all Englands group games, a quarter-final, a semi-final and the final, but they advertised during the Hudds v Leeds game that they will also be showing the Wales v Italy game now. It'll be on BBC 2 straight after the England v Australia match. Hopefully this means they may pick up some more games as-well.

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yep just noticed that - great news!

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Lovely stuff, fair play to them!

Posted Image

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Their coverage was absolute quality yesterday. Fair play to them great news they're showing more games.

#5 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Good on the BBC.

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Fantastic news, missed that. Thanks

#7 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

I hope they have Noble and Wilkin signed up for their coverage, both are naturals infront of the camera. Noble has a brilliant personality and is very funny, without being a northern stereotype a la Barry and Terry.

#8 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

We need to fill the stadiums and the Beeb will sit up and take notice. If a month out the WC Final is sold out, 50k have been sold for the opener and Wembley then the press and TV will want to feature it more etc.

#9 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hear, hear to all the above.

I thought all three panellists brought a nice mixture of views and interacted with each other well. They did a splendid job. 

What's the best way of telling the Beeb, keep it up??

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#10 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Their coverage was absolute quality yesterday. Fair play to them great news they're showing more games.

Coverage was very good but i found hearing the ref shout so loud at every tackle annoying. Hearing the video ref was good though as was the red button after the game.

#11 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

The red button coverage yesterday was excellent and overall the game coverage was very good, well done BBC ! Now if they had just got the cup draw right...

Posted Image

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Great stuff.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

What's the best way of telling the Beeb, keep it up??

If you're on Twitter you could tweet @BBCSport and let them know that way or alternatively you could email them. I think the email address is rugbyleague@bbc.co.uk (if memory serves from the red button coverage yesterday, when they gave out an email address!)

I think as many people as possible contacting them would be great because if they realise fans think they are doing a good job then that will help them continue doing a good job!

#14 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

read somewhere the other day - RL World I think - that they're trying to persuade BBC Wales to show all the Welsh games live. Hopefully that will be confirmed at some point soon

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Aye, I noticed that.

I remember Premier Sports saying they only have exclusive rights to the Australia and NZ matches (unless England are involved), so it seems the other matches are up for grabs

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#16 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Might end up on S4C, but they could do an English commentary on the red button like they do with soccer.

read somewhere the other day - RL World I think - that they're trying to persuade BBC Wales to show all the Welsh games live. Hopefully that will be confirmed at some point soon

#17 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Might end up on S4C, but they could do an English commentary on the red button like they do with soccer.

I'd be amazed if it ends up on S4C - they don't even read out the RL scores or any reports of the Welsh derby, but I am always hopeful.   I did write to the BBC to complain that I thought Wales as a host nation for the RLWC2013 were being overlooked and I am glad that there appears to be some reconsideration

#18 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,305 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'd be amazed if it ends up on S4C - they don't even read out the RL scores or any reports of the Welsh derby, but I am always hopeful.   I did write to the BBC to complain that I thought Wales as a host nation for the RLWC2013 were being overlooked and I am glad that there appears to be some reconsideration

They did show Celtic Crusaders games ... and their highest rated programme of 1995 was Wales v Samoa in the RLWC.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#19 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I did write to the BBC to complain that I thought Wales as a host nation for the RLWC2013 were being overlooked and I am glad that there appears to be some reconsideration

Well done for that. At what point did the first 'B' in BBC become short for 'English', after all. We should be expecting coverage of all the Scotland and Wales games as a minimum - imagine this happening if it was the football world cup.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Well done for that. At what point did the first 'B' in BBC become short for 'English', after all. We should be expecting coverage of all the Scotland and Wales games as a minimum - imagine this happening if it was the football world cup.

Scotland and Fifa World Cup are not common bed fellows. :P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.