TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bulldogs v Swinton latest score

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

6-0 to the dogs
A new future has begun!

#2 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

12-NIL

A new future has begun!

#3 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

16-0

Were playing uphill in the second half

A new future has begun!

#4 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

22-0

A new future has begun!

#5 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

28-6

A new future has begun!

#6 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

34-6

A new future has begun!

#7 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Glad you stuffed them but shocking attendance

#8 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm pretty sure Swinton brought more players than fans today. Outrageous.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Regardless of how many Swinton brought, less than 600 is pretty poor. Ironically, I reckon being successful is working against us, with people not turning up to matches where they reckon we will win easily enough.

#10 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

We should not bother how many opposition fans there are, they should be the bonus. We should be ensuring we have enough home fans to keep the club solvent.

#11 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

and what was the official crowd figure ?

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Sod the crowd its there loss but I do wonder if DD is on to summat? As people dont like to watch a losing team (aka Rams) perhaps the lack of a challenge (aka Swinton) puts the floating speckie off? Perhaps when the format changes and the good teams (aka Bulldogs Fev etc) are playing the dross from Superdooper league and not the poor championship teams (aka the Rams) then the crowds might pick up if not our secret lottery winner will keep having to pump money in ;)

That last comment was for you Equalizer ya green eyed monster :lol:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#13 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sod the crowd its there loss but I do wonder if DD is on to summat? As people dont like to watch a losing team (aka Rams) perhaps the lack of a challenge (aka Swinton) puts the floating speckie off? Perhaps when the format changes and the good teams (aka Bulldogs Fev etc) are playing the dross from Superdooper league and not the poor championship teams (aka the Rams) then the crowds might pick up if not our secret lottery winner will keep having to pump money in ;)

That last comment was for you Equalizer ya green eyed monster :lol:

Oddly enough nearly 900 at Tetleys today for two "Poor championship teams". I believe that equates to approx another £4000 in the coffers for the Rams. Sorry I forgot that Batley charge that bit extra for watching a "good team" so maybe only £3000 extra. There again if you want to watch a " good team" who win trophies on regular occasion then maybe it's worth it. Sorry I slipped up again.  ;)

#14 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'll second that theory.

With the good quality stuff we've been playing, the thought of going to watch sides that are an almost certain walkover hasn't been appealing. This is a new feeling for me as a Batley fan.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Its like yer old appendage Young un its not how big it is its what you do with it that counts and at Dewsbury yer shuving it up a sheeps bum. I hope the 900 enjoy your relegation battle because if you think sneaking a win against Keighley will transform yer season just wait untill early June when the dogs put 50 on yer sorry arses. Still 892 of you wont be there to see it will you :lol:

#16 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Its like yer old appendage Young un its not how big it is its what you do with it that counts and at Dewsbury yer shuving it up a sheeps bum. I hope the 900 enjoy your relegation battle because if you think sneaking a win against Keighley will transform yer season just wait untill early June when the dogs put 50 on yer sorry arses. Still 892 of you wont be there to see it will you :lol:

I maybe a little bit on the thick side here but as I understand it the Dogs currently stand as having lost to Sheffield,Leigh, Fev and gaining a draw against Fax at home. Doesn't augur well for the rest of the season from an attendance point of view as I think you only have one "good team" left to play at home, Leigh. All the rest will apparently be walk overs. :huh:

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nah we av the seaguls to beat at home too although they only bring 3 fans but their coach spends quite alot on chips while he's there. And as attendances are over a season we will boost our average on our way to the play off final and another NR cup win rather than being hit over the head with the wooden spoon!

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Regardless of how many Swinton brought, less than 600 is pretty poor. Ironically, I reckon being successful is working against us, with people not turning up to matches where they reckon we will win easily enough.

So I guess the extrapolation of this is that the more games you win the lower your gates will get. Fascinating!!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

£55 you either live in doncaster or your a greedy boy bulldoggy

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think that the entrance charges have to be seriously looked at because after paying in and having some food and a few pints and a taxi there and back it cost me £55 today. its not a cheap afternoon out and I can see why our crowds are poor.

Hmmm! £14 to get in and £41 on taxi, ale and grub yet it's the entrance charges that are too high.

I hope you didn't buy a programme too.

;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users