Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Merde!

#2 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Go away clown

Edited by jiggyknight, 12 May 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#3 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Not in any way merde you fool ! With the side we had out there they deserve massive credit not critism !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#4 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Really well done to the boys who played today. Everyone who was there saw the effort they put in against a very strong Catalan side. Really enjoyed the game too.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#5 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Were they wearing the "pink" shirts?

#6 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

No, blue, so that's that theory blasted out of the water.
Hey hoe next year next year.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well I for one am proud to call myself a knights fan total respect to every player today.

#8 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Me too.

They were playing a side today with little to fear in the way of defeat who threw the ball around in champagne fashion. Some of the offloads , particularly from Leon Pryce were stunning. OK, there were defensive errors but the lads stuck in time and time again and never gave up trying. The French fans gave them a standing ovation at the end of the game. Ed Smith was harshly denied a great try and Az Lyons hit on Bosc was worth the watch alone.

Talking to the lads afterwards you realised quite how hard it had been. Jack Iley all but passed out after the game but was fine an hour later.

The Catalans would have beaten ANY other side today. Mickael Simon was immense. Kevin Larroyer was well nigh untouchable and in William Barhtau, Eloi Pallisier and Morgan Escare they have three world stars in the making.

The French were wonderful hosts and invited the fans to join the team for a bite to eat and some wine after the game.

Hard for young Joe Picketts today on his debut, he took a hell of a knock in the first half, was down for nearly ten minutes but got up and carried on and he will be an asset. Ben Dent and Greg Minikin made superb try saving tackles.

Just watching the game again and some of the Catalans ball handling is unreal..

Edited by andyacko, 12 May 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#9 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Andy

Sounded like champagne stuff from the Dragons but also immense bravery and heart from our young side, what an experience for them, will the highlights be on the website ? with a bit more notice I would have been there just had some business stuff already arranged. My experience of Catalans fans was Millenium weekend in Cardiff few years back, great bunch, so friendly, they were quite happy to share their wine then as well !!
Posted Image

#10 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Merde!

You really are a Richard the third !
Posted Image

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

As a Workington fan I think both our clubs have done very well in the Cup this year and are a credit to ourselves and our league . We can't match full time SL clubs , so what ? We did our best , we conducted ourselves well , we have great memories and we move on to the bread and butter . Well done guys .

#12 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Andy

Sounded like champagne stuff from the Dragons but also immense bravery and heart from our young side, what an experience for them, will the highlights be on the website ? with a bit more notice I would have been there just had some business stuff already arranged. My experience of Catalans fans was Millenium weekend in Cardiff few years back, great bunch, so friendly, they were quite happy to share their wine then as well !!

Cant speak for official highlights, Andy but I do have some footage of todays game which shows both the flair and panache of the Catalans and our young lads determination to chuck their bodies on the line to stem the tide. Whenever I get chance I'll edit it and post it somewhere..

#13 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

No, blue, so that's that theory blasted out of the water.
Hey hoe next year next year.

We were playing a top super league team who were at full strength. We had 14 players who were playing at best Championship under 20's a few months ago, 10 first teamers missing and 2 of our most experienced players today were 19 years old. No "theory" has been proven or disproven today other than a club who can spend £3m will always beat a team who are only allowed to spend a tenth of that.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#14 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

There are always official highlights. I imagine the dvd won't be back in blighty till tomorrow night so we might not get them for a few days though.

#15 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Facebook
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Highlights: http://bit.ly/164TfSU

Doesn't look like double movement to me.

#16 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

What a fantastic try Halibut ruled out!

#17 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Press report here.

http://www.yorkpress...8/#commentsList

Please keep comments coming on Press site, good or bad.

PS As an aside, may i just say the York fans who travelled were all ace and helped make it a good weekend for all (myself included, apart from the FA Cup final bit). Cheers, Pete

Oh, and Catalans played some bloody brilliant stuff at times.

@PMartiniPress

#18 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Totally 100% proud of those 17 lads, outstanding effort, Ed Smith might have got my MOM, but

all 17 deserve it.

Also, would like to thank the players & staff for coming to speak to us before the game and

getting us into the posh bar bit after the game complete with all the free wine & food, briliant to

see how the fans & players stuck together.

All in all, a weekend you will never forget watching the Knights

#19 froggie

froggie
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm not the best of mathemeticians but I'm surprised that no-one has observed that despite being part timers (not the same level of fitness) and being young and inexperieced, the Knights only conceded the same number of points in the second half as in the first. Moreover despite the inevitable fatigue they were able to mark a try of their own. No I wasn't there but I wish I'd made the effort.

For those who were there don't be too surprised by the level of hospitality offered. Of course 500 fans couldn't be accommodated but it is normal over here for the handful of away fans to be invited to join the players after the match for a beer or glass of wine (the wine being a hell of a lot cheaper)! 

#20 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'm not the best of mathemeticians but I'm surprised that no-one has observed that despite being part timers (not the same level of fitness) and being young and inexperieced, the Knights only conceded the same number of points in the second half as in the first. Moreover despite the inevitable fatigue they were able to mark a try of their own. No I wasn't there but I wish I'd made the effort.

For those who were there don't be too surprised by the level of hospitality offered. Of course 500 fans couldn't be accommodated but it is normal over here for the handful of away fans to be invited to join the players after the match for a beer or glass of wine (the wine being a hell of a lot cheaper)! 

Not sure about the invited bit - we followed our local expert Andy Acko up many stairs & down many corridors,

we included Aaron Lyons & Craig Potter as they were not sure what the plan was, but the journey was well worth it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users