Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Result v Batley

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Certainly don't condone players going in late, and if Davies did that for us then he deserves punishing. It started with handbags between Flanaghan and Mills and went from there. Daft really.

What disappointed me was your player Ormsby making gestures to the crowd after twice going into tackles late with his knees, and then doing a silly dance after. Total prat. It's a shame he didn't get what was coming to him instead of Mills. Shame too as he also looked a pretty decent player. He made a great break in the first half.

If you can start to take your chances, defend a bit quicker from dummy half and get your key players back, there's no reason why you can't sneak into the 8.

#22 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

You cannot condone but you can understand players, especially forwards, loosing it in the heat of the moment. I was also very umimpressed with Ormsby, though.  During both fracas he ran in and threw punches whilst shielding himself behind other players.  He had no need to join in and his actions looked cowardly from where I stood.  Well done to those players that chose to calm thing round rather than get involved.

A wiser ref, of course, would have brought out a yellow card (or two) in the first fracas to just calm things down.

Its interesting to note, though, how we see things the way that we want to see them, depending on team loyalties. My eyes say that  Mills was punching in the tackle and that a red card was justified.  No doubt a review will provide a more even picture of events than those provided by excited and biased fans, like myself!

Edited by Bi11, 13 May 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#23 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Good to see balanced views and opinions from both sets of fans on here rather than the sometimes very blinkered views from other teams' supporters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users