Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New French Players at Catalans

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ali

ali
  • Coach
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I noticed in Catalans easy win over York today Kevin Laroyer scored four tries and Morgan Escare three tries.

I haven't seen any Catalans games this year, but I hear Escare is getting a few wraps.

What's the story with these two? How old are they and do they have a big future in the game? Can't find much info on them on the internet.

#2 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

ali,

Escare is a really exciting prospect for Catalan and French RL, he is quick and elusive and pops up all over the place.

Laroyer is bigger and stronger so can play either centre or second row. Look forward to see them in the RLWC for France. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,822 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Haven't seen a huge amount of Escare, but he's an exciting runner - one to watch in the RWC for certain.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

There was also talk of young winger Damien cardace being one for the future, good to see France devolving backs.

#5 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I saw Escare at St. Helens and he was a real handful for Saints.  Looks like a very exciting prospect.

#6 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

I saw Escare at St. Helens and he was a real handful for Saints.  Looks like a very exciting prospect.

He's got everybody over here jumping up and down. Comes from Salses just north of Perpignan.He was kind of held back in the St Esteve Elite 1 set up for a while. I think he was the comps leading try scorer this past season with 16 to his name and has played in the local comp for a couple of seasons. Think he is 21/22 yrs old. Some questioned his size as a problem but may be Slater & Tomkins have squashed all that. He's the most exciting prospect seen in France I think for a very long time. Very elusive and great anticipation. He's a throw back to when France produced lots of exciting runners. Lets hope he just stays focused.

Wing/centre Damian Cardace has been a bit of a mystery this year. He got the No5 jumper this year but hasn't appeared yet playing only for St Esteve the feeder club. Fred Vaccari has pushed past him. Cardace got four tries on his debut last year in SL and looked quick and gifted but quickly gone into his shell. Hope David Waite can find the solution.Still only 20 yrs old.

Larroyer firsted noted playing in the Championship for Toulouse Olympique a few seasons back. Still raw but filling out. Got two nice tries at Wakefield showing good anticipation and four yesterday against York.The one we have yet to still see confirming his promise is Bousquet the giant prop 21 yrs old. Suspension and a recurring thigh tear have kept him out this year but in a couple games has looked the real thing. Could be back for the Magic Weekend. Huge but good feet, good off load always gets his nose through the tackle area. He was unstoppable in his last game against the Bulls taking a short pass from Pelissier & rumbling over.

Edited by audois, 13 May 2013 - 11:27 AM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#7 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Always thought Larroyer and Pala could be quite handy, but the last few times i've seen them they both look a bit reluctant to really get stuck in, hopefully its just an age thing, as they're still young.

What happened to Yohan Tissyere (spelling?) who was at toulouse a couple of years back?, the few times i saw him he looked like he could become a decent player.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#8 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Always thought Larroyer and Pala could be quite handy, but the last few times i've seen them they both look a bit reluctant to really get stuck in, hopefully its just an age thing, as they're still young.

What happened to Yohan Tissyere (spelling?) who was at toulouse a couple of years back?, the few times i saw him he looked like he could become a decent player.

Some think a bit on the small size for back row forward. I think he captained Lezignan last season.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#9 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

When is casty off contract my nrl team manly has dad army front row

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users