Challenge Cup Quarter Final draw

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#21 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

No problem with it being not the day after. It doesn't seem right to not have a pre-arranged time and day for the draw though. These things should be made well in advance. It doesn't portray an image of an organised sport. And the last thing the RFL need is to give an excuse for people to have a go.

What he said

#22 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

And no, it's not because Bradford are out! ;)

Least convincing footnote ever

;)  

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#23 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

The draw should be on TV straight after the Sunday 3pm KOs - end of

#24 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Least convincing footnote ever

;)  

:lol:

And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling Hull fans.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

The draw should be on TV straight after the Sunday 3pm KOs - end of

One of the quarter finals might be on the Monday evening, I read in LE.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

One of the quarter finals might be on the Monday evening, I read in LE.

Monday night on the BBC? Something different, could be good.

#27 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Potentially all 4 QF's could be shown. The BBC get first pick on 2 matches, and Sky can show the other 2 games, although this appears to be on the basis of them being UK based. The Monday night game would be on Sky. I'm assuming if Catalan are drawn at home and the BBC decide not to show it, then Sky wouldn't bother with it and only 3 games would be shown.

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Sky.

I'll copy what Sadler says:

But the good news is that the BBC will have the first two picks of the qurater-final matches, and they will broadcast them on Saturday and Sunday 13 & 14 July.

Sky will broadcast one or two matches.

If the Catalana are drawn at home, but are not selected by the BBC, Sky will show just one match, on the Friday night.

If the Catalans are selected by the BBC, or are drawn away, Sky will broadcast a second game on the Monday evening.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,464 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

So, the answer to my original question is nobody knows.

Hmm.

And we're trying to sell ourselves to the outside world.

A Fev Blog

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

No problem with it being not the day after. It doesn't seem right to not have a pre-arranged time and day for the draw though. These things should be made well in advance. It doesn't portray an image of an organised sport. And the last thing the RFL need is to give an excuse for people to have a go.

+1

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Question - Does the delay and uncertainty about the draw outweigh the publicity the game will get when it is made?

#32 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Question - Does the delay and uncertainty about the draw outweigh the publicity the game will get when it is made?

I would imagine the answer to that will depend on what publicity the game will get when it is made!

I hope that the delay is down to the BBC being ultra careful in avoiding another farce.

#33 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Why the delay and confusion regarding when the draw for the next round will take place?There is a rumour that now Leeds are out Redhall has lost interest

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#34 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just read a tweet from WISH FM (local radio station) advising that they have spoken to the RFL who state that they are waiting for the BBC to return to them with a time for the draw.

#35 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

They're practicing to make sure Wigan and Wire avoid eachother.

#36 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Chris Irvine @Chrisirvine 5m

Finally ... #ChallengeCup quarter-finals draw will be on BBC Breakfast TV on Saturday, sometime between 7am and 9am

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#37 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

I heard 3pm today however the latest rumour is between 7am to 9am on Saturday Breakfast BBC programme. You heard it here first

#38 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Challenge Cup draw to be held live on BBC Breakfast TV

The draw for the quarter-finals of the 2013 Tetley’s Challenge Cup will take place on Saturday May 18 and will be screened live on BBC Breakfast TV between 7.00am and 9.00am.

The draw sees holders Warrington Wolves joined by the seven other surviving clubs from last weekend’s fifth round ties, all of whom will be in quarter-final action in mid-July.

Two quarter-finals will be screened live on BBC2 on Saturday July 13 and Sunday July 14 and Sky Sports will screen the remaining two quarter-finals (if UK-based) on Friday July 12 and Monday July 15.

An RFL spokesman said: “We are delighted that BBC Breakfast have agreed to televise the draw and it’s clear from the enquiries we have received in the last few days that the appeal of Rugby League’s oldest and most prestigious competition, the Tetley’s Challenge Cup, shows no sign of abating.

“We had been speaking to our broadcast partners about the draw for some weeks and were keen that as many people as possible had the opportunity to watch the quarter-final pairings being made.”

The eight teams that will go into the draw are Catalan Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Hull FC, London Broncos, Sheffield Eagles, Warrington Wolves, Widnes Vikings and Wigan Warriors.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#39 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Splendid.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#40 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

“We had been speaking to our broadcast partners about the draw for some weeks and were keen that as many people as possible had the opportunity to watch the quarter-final pairings being made.”

And so they arrived at 7am on a Saturday?.......

Seriously - wtf?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users