Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup Quarter Final draw

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

They've shown willingness to go to France before, though. Remember Toulouse's Cup run a few years ago? The BBC chose their match at home to (I think) Widnes over any of the ties involving SL sides.

Also I think I pointed it out in this thread earlier, Catalan v wire was broadcast live by the BBC last year. It would be brilliant if they pick the Catalan game and the Wire game, as then Sky would be expected to pick up the other two and we would get all four games.

#122 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Also I think I pointed it out in this thread earlier, Catalan v wire was broadcast live by the BBC last year. It would be brilliant if they pick the Catalan game and the Wire game, as then Sky would be expected to pick up the other two and we would get all four games.

That would indeed be most excellent.

Still, if the BBC don't show it there's always the option of watching Catalan v Hull in the pub.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#123 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Attention Richard Bacon! This is how to do a very simple task well. Take note.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#124 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

They've shown willingness to go to France before, though. Remember Toulouse's Cup run a few years ago? The BBC chose their match at home to (I think) Widnes over any of the ties involving SL sides.

I agree, the BBC probably will show the Catalan game. My comment was in reply to a poster who thought the report in League Express stated that the BBC had already agreed to show Catalan at home - which as far as I'm aware they hadn't. Hopefully they will though.

#125 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Good draw for Huddersfield..... I believe in probability, hope I'm wrong.... July a few weeks away.... Wires must improve.

Nah

Wire just need to hope Huddersfield don't change their usual game plan v Wire which is usually "enjoy watching the excellent attack from Warrington for half an hour then try to join in"

#126 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think there's a fair chance that the Catalans-Hull game wont be on tv. BBC have, I think, the first two picks - they wont send a full production crew all the way to France when they can send one to Wigan instead. They'll deffo go for Wire-Giants and then I'd be very surprised if it's not Wigan. Sky have said they'd only show two games if they're both in the UK.

In the event of London v Catalans semi,they've got to play it in France. Doubt they would but.....

They might not have to, can they use the BeIn Sports footage?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#127 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

sky    Fri    July 12 - Sheffield v London (8pm)

bbc:  sat   July 13 - Catalan v Hull FC (4.00pm)

bbc   sun   July 14 - Warrington v Huddersfield (4.15pm)

sky   Mon  July 15 - Wigan v Widnes (8pm)

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#128 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's a real result! I think both BBC games are on BBC 2 which is disappointing, but all 4 quarters on is excellent.

#129 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

glad I was wrong about the BBC going to France, 4 games all televised - some serious couch time heading my way! That's in the eventuality the sores have healed up from this weekend's couch potatofest

#130 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hate Sunday 1/4 finals, work with a hangover!!!

Great that the BBC have picked the Catalan v FC so we've a festival of league - respect

Tetleys will be happy they sponsored the cup, extra exposure for ###### in a pint !!

#131 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Excellent news, really looking forward to that lot.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users