Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The RFL's rocky road

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,699 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Off we go again "nonsence proposal" specifics please.

Specifically? It's all nonsense, every bit of it.

#62 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

What's the points system going to be in this new second tier league ?

The 4 SL clubs coming down will have played for 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, no bonus points on offer so far during the season.

The 4 Championship clubs going up will have played for 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and a bonus point for losing by less than 12 points so far during the season.

If points get carried forward will the SL clubs' points be adjusted to the Championship method and retrospectively awarded, or will the Championship clubs' points be adjusted to the SL method and retrospectively reduced ?

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#63 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

What's the points system going to be in this new second tier league ?

The 4 SL clubs coming down will have played for 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, no bonus points on offer so far during the season.

The 4 Championship clubs going up will have played for 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and a bonus point for losing by less than 12 points so far during the season.

If points get carried forward will the SL clubs' points be adjusted to the Championship method and retrospectively awarded, or will the Championship clubs' points be adjusted to the SL method and retrospectively reduced ?

I don't think the points are carried over into tier 2. It's only in Tier 1 and Tier 3 where the points carry on.

Edited by a.n Other, 14 May 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#64 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

It would also allow Super League itself to be launched at a more clement time of the year.

I heard on the radio this morning that there may be snow tomorrow...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#65 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

I don't think the points are carried over into tier 2. It's only in Tier 1 and Tier 3 where the points carry on.

Fair enough, though I've not seen that confirmed anywhere. But the question still remains as to which points system they'll be using - will they be using the BP system or not ?

#66 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't think there are enough strong clubs to justify 14 licenses at the moment, let alone 16.

What we should be aiming for is intensity and transparency at every level

Intensity will be maximised at about 10 clubs, the original Peacock plan.

Even he's back pedalled to suggesting 12.

Transparency?? Licenses are rather opaque and cloudy. Automatic P & R is transparent.

2 x 12 auto P & R.

Revolutionary idea!!

#67 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

will they be using the BP system or not ?

They're going to use the old Shell points system where you could get air miles.

#68 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

I heard on the radio this morning that there may be snow tomorrow...

You can do the honours

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#69 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Fair enough, though I've not seen that confirmed anywhere. But the question still remains as to which points system they'll be using - will they be using the BP system or not ?

Let me preface this by saying the system is nuts but ... if we are to have a tier 2 with this set-up then it should have BP.  It may be the only way to keep the interest going for half the division.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#70 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Let me preface this by saying the system is nuts but ... if we are to have a tier 2 with this set-up then it should have BP.  It may be the only way to keep the interest going for half the division.

But that may cause an identity crisis - you see, SL doesn't have bonus points but the Championship does and by introducing them to this league you are condemning them to carry the horrible stigma of being a Championship league rather than a SL one, and thus destined to be forever ignored and unmentioned by Sky and most other media outlets. Eddie & Stevo will pretend these clubs don't exist until they crop up again at the start of the next season in the top tier. Is this league to be SL Minus or Championship Plus ?

#71 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

But that may cause an identity crisis - you see, SL doesn't have bonus points but the Championship does and by introducing them to this league you are condemning them to carry the horrible stigma of being a Championship league rather than a SL one, and thus destined to be forever ignored and unmentioned by Sky and most other media outlets. 

That would be the least of our problems!

#72 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Fill your boots mate, I'm actually just writing mine now too as it happens...

:)

Yes, it's not massively in depth but a good read. I access love rugby league through the iphone app so I missed these.  Also worth noting that I think there's a performance issue with the live scores page as it times out unless you have 3G, and won't load on E.

#73 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

But that may cause an identity crisis - you see, SL doesn't have bonus points but the Championship does and by introducing them to this league you are condemning them to carry the horrible stigma of being a Championship league rather than a SL one, and thus destined to be forever ignored and unmentioned by Sky and most other media outlets. Eddie & Stevo will pretend these clubs don't exist until they crop up again at the start of the next season in the top tier. Is this league to be SL Minus or Championship Plus ?

We need to get the consultants in.

- Severus, July 2012

#74 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

What happens to the teams not in the 2x12/3x8?

- Severus, July 2012

#75 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Shhh! Don't ask questions.

Presumably they'll be condemned to play in a re-branded Championship 1. And all of those people on here complaining about the lack of P&R will remember the clubs left behind and continue to shout about it......

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#76 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yes, it's not massively in depth but a good read. I access love rugby league through the iphone app so I missed these.  Also worth noting that I think there's a performance issue with the live scores page as it times out unless you have 3G, and won't load on E.

Cheers for the feedback mate, if you ever have anymore then please get in touch. We always want to improve!

Posted Image

#77 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

we are'nt part of the "whole sport plan"

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#78 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

That's the one bit of these proposals that you will absolutely love. It involves conferences.

#79 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

That's the one bit of these proposals that you will absolutely love. It involves conferences.

RE-SULT!

- Severus, July 2012

#80 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

RE-SULT!

Yeah, if what I have been told is correct then the 14 teams in the initial 3rd tier will be joined by 2 new clubs (probably Coventry and ANOther). These 16 clubs will be placed into 2 conferences of 8 clubs. The winners of the conferences will then play a Grand Final for 1 promotion place each season. Or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users