TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

A new-look TotalRL.com is on its way!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

A new-look TotalRL.com is on its way!We'll be introducing some changes to the TotalRL.com website over the next few weeks adding new features and better integration with our popular Fans Forum. Please bear with us as we rearrange the furniture!

Click here to view the article

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Will it have P&R?

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

I suggest that you change the URLs for the forums as like many others I link straight to here, there's a real risk that any good work and effort put in to the main site will not be noticed if you don't.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#4 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I suggest that you change the URLs for the forums as like many others I link straight to here, there's a real risk that any good work and effort put in to the main site will not be noticed if you don't.

Yes, good point, although I use the IP Boards app so I'll still inadvertently bypass the main site.

#5 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Why the change? I liked the forum we had in the early 80's (black & white) - none of this coloured rubbish.
Progress? Why fix something thats not broken?
Moan moan moan, moan moan moan!
:) ;)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#6 TheChief

TheChief
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Is it just me but all I get when visiting the link (on my iPhone) is a poll and then the twitter feed below it?
Follow me on twitter @MalcHankey

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Why the change? I liked the forum we had in the early 80's (black & white) - none of this coloured rubbish.
Progress? Why fix something thats not broken?
Moan moan moan, moan moan moan!
:) ;)

I don't think the forums will change, it's the front page no ###### reads.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

The forum needs more chat about the game!

Twitter, journalism and broadsheet blogs are continuing to improve their analysis on the actual sports they're reporting on; Gary Neville on MNF is a must see these days as he's giving the customer more detail about what they've seen over the weekend.

It'd be interesting to see, what's the traffic on here compared to say 5 years ago?

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

The forum needs more chat about the game!

Twitter, journalism and broadsheet blogs are continuing to improve their analysis on the actual sports they're reporting on; Gary Neville on MNF is a must see these days as he's giving the customer more detail about what they've seen over the weekend.

It'd be interesting to see, what's the traffic on here compared to say 5 years ago?

I agree.  Just back few year this was the place to come not only for debate of the games issues, but also for breaking news and rumours.  I remember starting a post about Ian Millward getting the elbow from Saints, I can't remember whether or not I chose to cite the rumoured reason at the time.  Nowadays it would already have been on twitter.

Forums have changed, I think this one still has a lot to offer if I'm honest.  Way more than RLFANS.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

I agree.  Just back few year this was the place to come not only for debate of the games issues, but also for breaking news and rumours.  I remember starting a post about Ian Millward getting the elbow from Saints, I can't remember whether or not I chose to cite the rumoured reason at the time.  Nowadays it would already have been on twitter.

Forums have changed, I think this one still has a lot to offer if I'm honest.  Way more than RLFANS.

If the old threads weren't destroyed in the Great Clean up of 2010, we could easily find who you were rhuby. ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,984 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I've only just got used to this version. :shout:

rldfsignature.jpg

#12 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I like the smileys. Especially this one: :onthequiet:

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

:no: At least we have a shakes head smiley. Of sorts. The rest well... hmm!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

I've just noticed the like button, and also the customise views and the top row with the Goldthorpe medal table etc

Back in the day, Id have seen these the second they appeared - whayhey! I have finally got a life  :preved:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#15 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I've just noticed the like button, and also the customise views and the top row with the Goldthorpe medal table etc

Back in the day, Id have seen these the second they appeared - whayhey! I have finally got a life  :preved:

Not even 10 minutes since John activated it and sent me a message letting me know!  Are you sure you have a life?

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#16 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

I noticed the Like buttons around lunchtime. Does that mean I'm special? (I already know I don't have a life!)

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Why don't my posts have a "Like This" button?!

Farce, joke, disgrace.

Yes, I know why I don't really.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Why don't my posts have a "Like This" button?!

Farce, joke, disgrace.

Yes, I know why I don't really.

There's a name for people who like themselves too much! ;)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

There's a name for people who like themselves too much! ;)

The Parksider? :O :ph34r:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Blimey, TRLers don't miss much do they!??

I thought I'd sneak the reputation system back into use without a fanfare, after the way things turned out last time.

This one is a positive reputation system. You can only 'like' a post, not actively 'dislike' it.

All the old reputation points have been wiped too, so we start with a nice clean slate.

You can't 'like' your own posts. That would just be silly.

In your member profile, on the left hand menu there is a new menu option called 'Likes' and this will show up any posts you have 'Liked' as well as any of your own posts that have been 'Liked' by others.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users