Northern Rail Cup

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Right, lets get straight back on the horse. Send us your thoughts on Sunday's big Northern Rail Cup knockout game at home to Doncaster & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Doncaster memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att: 

:D

Posted Image

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Tickets to the Knights Northern Rail Cup 1st knockout round game at home to Doncaster on 19th May are also on sale. Supporters can either get their regular match ticket or a special match-day offer of just £25 (£20 for concessions) for a main stand match ticket with a pre-match meal, match day magazine and access to the sponsors’ lounge both before and after the game.  Places are limited so please book from Roland Court or by calling 01904 767404 as soon as possible!

Season tickets do not count for cup games. Adult admission will be the usual match-day prices of £14 (plus £2 for seating), £10 concessions and just £3 for under 16s. Bar 13 will also be open as usual.

Posted Image

#3 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don't think we fell off any horse in the Catalans game. Yeah the 84 points difference looks bad, but consider the 50-0 v Batley last year when we were crocked with injuries and fielded mostly u20s plus the "60 points between a top SL and a top Champ club" that GT suggested, and you see we beat those odds by 26 points - which is fantastic, especially away on the med.

Anyhoo...

Score: York 25 v 10 Doncaster
First Tryscorer: Brett Waller
MOM: Ben Johnston
Att: 7

#4 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

If all give 110% will me more than happy with that. Doncaster been playing well this year think will be a tough game .

Will have to wait and see what sort of team we can put together, Hopefully a tough determined one.

YORK 38 Doncaster 24  

#5 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

If we can put aside the Leigh game,and play to the potential that we have seen at home this season,with or without duel reg players,we should see another home win.
Looking forward to the return of Brett and lee should never have left for me.

York 28 Donny 12

Edited by jiggyknight, 13 May 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#6 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Lee Waterman was dropped for our last home game.

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

The referee for our @northernrailorg cup knockout game at home to @doncaster_rlfc on Sunday will be Mr R Laughton. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Posted Image

#8 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Good old Ronnie apart from Hunslet game best Ref this season.

#9 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Good old Ronnie apart from Hunslet game best Ref this season.

I'll second that.

I'll also second the "Brett waller should never have left York" - although I bet he's a better player for it. Wouldn't be suprised to see him in a York shirt next season, so I'm expecting him to put on a show in his games v us. I think Brining will flip him though

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

#11 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Waterman struggled in his last season with us but I think a lot was down to Woodsy, Big Brett looks a much better player than when he left, he's got the size we lack in our pack. Donny never roll-over and see it as a winnable game so need to be on best form to beat them I think.
Posted Image

#12 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Waterman struggled in his last season with us but I think a lot was down to Woodsy

I think it was more down to Waterman tbh

#13 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

York 12  v Doncaster  24

#14 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Very Poor today. No enthusiam among the players apart from the likes of Scott, Ford etc.

Knights

Slow off the mark, nobody running on to the ball at pace. Tried to beat Donny at their own game with offloads but couldn't execute them correctly and not at the correct time eg when your on tackle 2 near the line with 2 players on you. Let Doncaster offload on too many occassions. Wing defence wasn't great. 3 or 4 of the tries were scored out wide for them.

Dons

Quick off the mark, good organisation and stuck to their game plan. Played to their strenghts and offloading correctly at every opportunity. Defence was well organised, moved up as a unit and tackled in numbers. Looked like they wanted it more and got what they deserved.

Ref

Had a good game in my opinion, didn't make many mistakes & if he did, it was corrected by the officials.

On the bright side, we're out of the cup with no injuries today meaning we won't get to the semi's at Sheffield & get battered and bruised with even more injuries.

Thornton made me laugh on the radio saying something along the lines of "We shouldn't have got any more injuries as you can't get injured if there is no contact"

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Posted Image

#16 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Can't see the point in putting any thoughts to this debacle,quote from the coach people that don't want to play for the Knights should go,any thoughts send to Mr G Thornton.

#17 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Dons tries werent on York's wing, they were on Hull's, I'd have rather Ben Dent did his best than Shaul not bother showing up. Again. Lazy waste of time.

Briscoe was outstanding, though, it's not all DR.

Ben Johnston was cracking, once he settles in he'll be spot on.

We had a couple of trialists out today, they didn't do too much wrong.

Be right though, the league's where its at and I'm not concerned at all.

#18 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Very Poor today. No enthusiam among the players apart from the likes of Scott, Ford etc.

Knights

Slow off the mark, nobody running on to the ball at pace. Tried to beat Donny at their own game with offloads but couldn't execute them correctly and not at the correct time eg when your on tackle 2 near the line with 2 players on you. Let Doncaster offload on too many occassions. Wing defence wasn't great. 3 or 4 of the tries were scored out wide for them.

Dons

Quick off the mark, good organisation and stuck to their game plan. Played to their strenghts and offloading correctly at every opportunity. Defence was well organised, moved up as a unit and tackled in numbers. Looked like they wanted it more and got what they deserved.

Ref

Had a good game in my opinion, didn't make many mistakes & if he did, it was corrected by the officials.

On the bright side, we're out of the cup with no injuries today meaning we won't get to the semi's at Sheffield & get battered and bruised with even more injuries.

Thornton made me laugh on the radio saying something along the lines of "We shouldn't have got any more injuries as you can't get injured if there is no contact"

That's a very astute summing up. young man.

#19 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Not the result we wanted today,but look on the bright side,we can now concentrate on the most important, staying in this league no distractions now.

#20 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Awful, truly awful today, apart from Scott and the fantastic Jack Briscoe we were so poor to a man.
No size, no yards, no platform for the backs to play.
That's all I'm going to say tonight, there is a long way to go, so no need to panic but results and more importantly confidence needs to be restored.
"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users