Northern Rail Cup

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

so is he still gonne pick them.if there was no dr all clubs would be in the same boat as they are now

Well he wasn't picking Jamie Shaul when Tom Carr was fit, despite Hull moaning about it in the HDM... What does that tell you?

Posted Image

#62 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Well he wasn't picking Jamie Shaul when Tom Carr was fit, despite Hull moaning about it in the HDM... What does that tell you?

that tom is a better player.but that's not my point. my point is i would rather someone give there all even if they are not as good alegedly, than someone continually going through the motions

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#63 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

that tom is a better player.but that's not my point. my point is i would rather someone give there all even if they are not as good alegedly, than someone continually going through the motions

Which is the SuperLeague player and which is the Championship player? Which one gives their all and which one goes through the motions?

GT picking Carr over Shaul is exactly what you are asking for here.

Sometimes GT's hand is forced by injuries. Nobody can help that.

Posted Image

#64 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

we put a team out against the french with injuries and no dr. those players apparantly bust a gut for the club

#65 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

The biggest issue for the Knights is the fear of relegation into Championship One and probably oblivion, so they're grasping at any life belt that has been thrown their way ie DR players. Maybe if the RL introduced a system, lets call it a franchise system, where the clubs are guaranteed 3 years in the Championship in which time they can develop both on and off the pitch, bring their own players through the clubs pathway system to the first team and promote the wonderful game of rugby league and try to increase gates and revenue streams. After the 3 years are up they are audited to a strict criteria, if they fail they are relegated and and another club takes their place and so on and so forth. I wonder if such a system would work :D

#66 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

perhaps they could also dr some of thier players to the league below :tongue:

#67 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

perhaps they could also dr some of thier players to the league below :tongue:

But that would be a bit cheeky, you'd be expecting the junior club in the partnership to keep your fringe players and senior players returning from injury match fit to the detriment of the clubs own contracted players, that can't be right, can it?

#68 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

"Brett waller should never have left York" - although I bet he's a better player for it. Wouldn't be suprised to see him in a York shirt next season.

Please, no.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#69 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Please, no.

He's got all the attibutes to be an excellent prop, just needs better players around him and a good coach, maybe he'll get both at Hull next year?

#70 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Got to say Nathan freer was fantastic today the lad gets a lot of criticism on here but today he was immense.

#71 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Got to say Nathan freer was fantastic today the lad gets a lot of criticism on here but today he was immense.

Jiggly

I agree, personally not a fan of Freer but today I take my hat off to him, ran with purpose and tried to off-load whenever, maybe the stint with the 'kick and clap brigade' has done him good.
Overall great performance today from all of the lads, so nice when you leave a game thinking there could have been several MOMs, we scored some very good tries and when we decided it attack looked dangerous, tackling wise we bent them at times and played the hold down much better than usual.

As for the York old boys Waller and Waterman, wouldn't have either back, neither looked fit as per their stints at York.

Crunch must win game next week as all around us are picking up bonus points, tough league this one.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users